TW you have made many great scenes(towns etc), please give us more incentive to visit them

Do you spend much time physically visiting scenes in your playthroughs?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, cities are really boring for example.
Literally nothing to do there. People have nothing interesting to say. I think even in Warband you could at least ask random plebs how their life was. Cannot even give the beggars some coin.
No reaction at all when you draw your sword... not even from the thugs in the backstreet.
You don't even get ambushed by thugs anymore if you quick trade from the menu.
Can't do anything with the named gangsters, they also have nothing to say.

Can't barter when buying a workshop. Even when you have high Charm.
Companion following me around like a dog. For what reason? You don't get attacked ever.
Gather all my companions! Again, for what reason?

People look very static - just standing around awkwardly. Some women dancing around in the streets for some reason.
No events or anything happening ever. No drunks in the street. No fistfights. No thiefs. No children fighting with wooden swords. No parties. No feasts. Nothing.

There is also a lack of animals. No dogs or cats so far that i have seen. Overall it's pretty disappointing.

Nope, like most people pointed out before me towns, castles & villages have great sceneries but that's really it; outside of that its nothing but a running simulator unless you're there for a quest or buying a workshop. After a year of EA I was expecting some life or at the very least a roadmap on this part of the game from the devs, but nope...... another aspect of Bannerlord with wasted potential.

Like i been saying forever -it needs dynamic life. remember how when you first entered that village in Viking Conquest and their were some lads racing ponies about and a few guys practicing their swordplay and archery? how about that as a minimum? Or better yet - allow them to interact with the player on their own initiative? I swear these Devs have no clue of the past trajectory of this game with or without mods. they are looking at it as a paid gig in which they just need to fulfill their designated little part and be done with it

What if you can climb the buildings to jump onto haystacks. Or if a dragon attacks and eats a guard or two, then you bring it down with javelins.
Wouldn't that be completely stupid for a game where you are a noble commander and not some stealthy dumbass.
Dont know about specifics, I just think that more interactability/events in scenes is needed for better gameplay depth and overall longevity of the game.
Sounds like complexity is a nono word at TW, but I see no reason why more simpel engaging features cant be implemented like gang/alley raiding is already.

Hey gang, this is the "general discussions" forum- if you think you have some clear ideas for what you'd like to see, also add them to this post in the suggestions forum!
I like alot of your suggestions but in case you werent aware, the suggestion section is generally the place where good ideas goes to die, at least for most forums I've come across anyways, dont seem to be different with TW :xf-wink:.

Each town location should also work as a dungeon, with enemies to fight and loot to loot. You should visit them flanked by two companions who would help you fight, comment on the location and sometimes intercede in your other conversations with town NPCs. Basically a mini RPG level. If you don't like stuff like that gtfo to the quick menu.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I for one, would absolutely love that. I really do wish the towns were a bit more like Skyrim towns, minus the dragons, but with lots of things happening and random events and quests and places to explore. I'd love it if this was the type of game where I could play an entire session only to realize that I haven't left Zeonica all night.

What if you can climb the buildings to jump onto haystacks. Or if a dragon attacks and eats a guard or two, then you bring it down with javelins.
Wouldn't that be completely stupid for a game where you are a noble commander and not some stealthy dumbass.
that woul be cool..also we could use 2 swords steel for humans silver for monsters... :smile:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I for one, would absolutely love that. I really do wish the towns were a bit more like Skyrim towns, minus the dragons, but with lots of things happening and random events and quests and places to explore. I'd love it if this was the type of game where I could play an entire session only to realize that I haven't left Zeonica all night.
I was serious. Players only ever care for loot (just look at why people marry in BL), so if you want them to actually stroll around town, you have to provide loot and the challenge to get to that loot - enemies or skill puzzles. So it really resembles a RPG dungeon, apart from the friendly NPCs.
This is actually similar to TW's own plans for fighting gangs in back alleys (which they abandoned?).
If you can also explore house interiors and there is stuff to do there (er.. loot, side quest givers), you would get even more RPG-like exploration options.

I like alot of your suggestions but in case you werent aware, the suggestion section is generally the place where good ideas goes to die, at least for most forums I've come across anyways, dont seem to be different with TW :xf-wink:.
Yeah it sucks that you have to dig into that forum to view the activity in there. Wish the single player forum would just surface all active threads from across it's subforums.

Still, I've seen one game with a highly visible, active, and in-game-incorporated suggestions forum (Project Zomboid), and that keeps me going ?

It is surprissing because some of this features were in the previous games like the drunk guy in the tavern, the peasant asking for help, the murderers ambushing you in the streets... the normal evolution seems to improve these not remove it, but seems to be another of those ilogical and fustrating decisions in BL.

Last edited:
Give me a castellan to talk to god damn it. Let me discuss taxes and garrisons with constables. Literally everything outside the battles and quests is a menu.

Literally everything outside the battles and quests is a menu.
That's the crux of the problem right there I think. I really love that they've nixed the downtime/loadscreens with the more regular settlement actions that you take more or less every game day, but management actions that you just "set and forget" or minor flavour interactions with your clan (maybe for nominal relations gain) would be worth the occasional, player-initiated load screen.

In our Q&A with mexxico, (link) i asked this same Question and showed these videos (bellow) as an example, what could people do in citys/villages etc. ( for Bannerlord, there is already animations for them in villages. )

Open shops and sell items inside city. Chop wood, Mine stone/iron/silver/salt etc, harvest crops, Fishing, crafting etc.
I also told that, bad gangs inside city can harass you while you are doing those stuff and could ask money or etc in the end it will be connected to the Roguery perk / gang system so that perk will make more sense to level up etc.

also there is stamina for smithing already in the game that same stamina pool could also be used for doing stuff like mining, chopping wood, harvesting crops, Fishing etc.

I didn't showed this one in Q&A but something like that also could be scene for suicide(event). (For example a scene like that could happen inside city when you visit towns with low prosperty/food/security etc)

Dialoges are in Turkish in that video sorry for that but generally people should understand the idea.
In the end Mexxico told me that those stuff probably letf to the modders / or not get accepted.

So in the end, I would say that, don't wait something from Taleworlds regarding this issue.

Last edited:
I swear these Devs have no clue of the past trajectory of this game with or without mods. they are looking at it as a paid gig in which they just need to fulfill their designated little part and be done with it
Which is fine I believe. They are just paid workers like you (maybe?) and me by the end of the day. They don't have to be passionate about their jobs. It's the management's responsibilities to rally the workers, set a vision, and actually manage the project - an arguably more important and tougher job that justifies the better paycheck.

Which is fine I believe. They are just paid workers like you (maybe?) and me by the end of the day. They don't have to be passionate about their jobs. It's the management's responsibilities to rally the workers, set a vision, and actually manage the project - an arguably more important and tougher job that justifies the better paycheck.
Heh well not quite I own a business and have employees and I do require them to be knowledgeable and passionate about their business. Matter fact I demand they be experts so that they are never bull****ting clients but have a full well rounded understanding of their craft

I do agree that it is up to owners/management to instill this in their team. For instance I would have first recommended then insisted they not only do full playthrus of each previous title but get accustomed with the fan base via both the forums with their years long well documented wish lists as well as the most popular mods.

For instance just recently Mexico had his Q&A response and while I appreciated the effort - was stunned by what he had garnered as the fan base top wishes. Many if not most should have been obvious to the game designers but he was reiterating them like he/they had never thought of that before

Heh well not quite I own a business and have employees and I do require them to be knowledgeable and passionate about their business. Matter fact I demand they be experts so that they are never bull****ting clients but have a full well rounded understanding of their craft

I do agree that it is up to owners/management to instill this in their team. For instance I would have first recommended then insisted they not only do full playthrus of each previous title but get accustomed with the fan base via both the forums with their years long well documented wish lists as well as the most popular mods.

For instance just recently Mexico had his Q&A response and while I appreciated the effort - was stunned by what he had garnered as the fan base top wishes. Many if not most should have been obvious to the game designers but he was reiterating them like he/they had never thought of that before
What can I say? I really hope TW management is filled with people like you. That way we may be able to get the game we expected instead of hoping the modders to deliver what should be in the base game. Then again, maybe they have some other problems that we don't know about that tied their hands.

The perfect game would be bannerlord with exploration and adventure 3rd person flavors from rpg games. A battle/political simulator where you also get to explore an acient city or acient dungeon. I like to thing I'm goinf to see this before I die.

I really liked walking and exploring when the game first release but I don't even bother anymore. Only quick screens for me know after I realized they are nothing and offer nothing outside of the quick screens.
maxresdefault.jpg

The perfect game would be bannerlord with exploration and adventure 3rd person flavors from rpg games. A battle/political simulator where you also get to explore an acient city or acient dungeon. I like to thing I'm goinf to see this before I die.
That depends.

How old are you?

Back
Top Bottom