TW you have made many great scenes(towns etc), please give us more incentive to visit them

Do you spend much time physically visiting scenes in your playthroughs?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

DennyWiseau

Veteran
I rarely spent my time actually visiting town/castle/village scenes during my playthroughs, insted I use the quicktalk/menus to settle any buisness I might have. Now there isent anything wrong with this, I for one welcome the convenience that the quicktalk/menus bring.

However, scenes in Bannerlord are really well made and varied and I feel that they vurrently are very underutilized beacuse there is little incentive to actually physically investigate/explore these scenes (other than buying shops/caravans and the occasional quest)

The only option right now (afaik) is to raid backstreets/alleys of gangs, which is great and I think could be expanded abit. I dont know if anything is planned in the future (other than more quests) but I think that simpel dynamic features such as backstreet raiding etc bring alot to the game and also serves to highlight all these wellmade scenes (which must have been a huge amount of work).

I remember that old dev diaries talked about how gangs might take over certain parts of the town and you could bribe them or fight them. I think this would be a great extension to what is already in the game with raiding alleys etc. Maybe the gang has taken over a critical part of town where 1 or more shops are located, maybe notables will give you a better prices on caravan creation if you get rid of the gangs or maybe the gang will do the same if you make a deal with them.

Also there is literally no reason at all to visit/walk around castle, I know prison breaks are coming, but that isent enough (imo).

I dont know if anything else is planned, but I think small physcial dynamic interactions would serve the game immensely.

As a side note I made a poll, more so because I'm curious, not sure it will serve to help TW.

I really liked walking and exploring when the game first release but I don't even bother anymore. Only quick screens for me know after I realized they are nothing and offer nothing outside of the quick screens.

I really liked walking and exploring when the game first release but I don't even bother anymore. Only quick screens for me know after I realized they are nothing and offer nothing outside of the quick screens.
Same here...

I would love it if you could have some mini-conversations with your companions that could maybe grant you +1 relationship with them...
I also really enjoy almost all sceneries, but the fact that you can interact with barely anyone in an interesting way makes it a bit shallow.

Each town location should also work as a dungeon, with enemies to fight and loot to loot. You should visit them flanked by two companions who would help you fight, comment on the location and sometimes intercede in your other conversations with town NPCs. Basically a mini RPG level. If you don't like stuff like that gtfo to the quick menu.

+1, the scenes are beautiful but there is nothing to do in them, would love to have good gameplay reasons to explore them and more activities to do in towns/castles/villages in general

So incoming we have:
- Prison breaks

But what if we also had:
- Random, active theives to be stopped for renown and/or relations? Sort of "catch them before they reach point X and disappear"
- Ability for self or others to pick-pocket people, or even merchants/workshops, based on rogue skills in an rng fashion (which may necessitate fleeing town without Tab assistance on a critical failed check)
- Small in-town quests to be collected from peasants, to be completed in town, for small relationship bonuses with locals?
- New companions to be found, instead of always/only in the tavern?
- Charitable acts to be performed (donating food/money/goods), for raising relation and/or renown?
- Existing gangs who could be contracted to carry out nefarious deeds such as the ones in this mod to lords and settlements within "range," with costs and outcomes considering the gang's influence (perhaps an extension of the continued development on gangs such as owning streets/territory), and the player's relationship with their leader.

And within keeps what about:
- all of the above?

I think it'd add a ton more depth to the whole social and roleplaying side of the game, without inventing too much in the way of new game mechanics. A few extra dialogue boxes, a new ai for runaway thieves, triggering guards to go after you if you pickpocket poorly, and of course the pickpocket script itself.

Any other little ideas?

Last edited:
It's actually pretty sad. I just think of those that put down all that time to make these and keeps making them and people will maybe visit them once and walk around.

Yep I feel the same. At first I was all about wanting to see what everything looked like inside but now that I have seen everything, I only occasionally look around.

Also, to be honest we ARE missing some features here that they mentioned would be in game. I mean they clearly showed a demonstration where your walking around a City and happen upon some bandits and have to decide to fight them or not. Also they mentioned clearing out a gang in a City so you could take over for that gang. All of this was "Supposed" to happen in the various city scenes.

Also, why do we even have civilian armor and equipment? In the current game, nothing happens in the cities. You never get ambushed by assassins or get accosted by a drunk and even if these events could happen, you don't even have to entire a scene to talk to anyone thus avoiding any trigger event that could happen. Hell there is a perk that boosts your civilian armor value....yet you never fight as a civilian.

So not sure if these are upcoming features or abandoned features but there seems to be a huge game mechanic missing right now.

So incoming we have:
- Prison breaks

But what if we also had:
- Random, active theives to be stopped for renown and/or relations? Sort of "catch them before they reach point X and disappear"
- Ability for self or others to pick-pocket people, or even merchants/workshops, based on rogue skills in an rng fashion (which may necessitate fleeing town without Tab assistance on a critical failed check)
- Small in-town quests to be collected from peasants, to be completed in town, for small relationship bonuses with locals?
- New companions to be found, instead of always/only in the tavern?
- Charitable acts to be performed (donating food/money/goods), for raising relation and/or renown?
- Existing gangs who could be contracted to carry out nefarious deeds such as the ones in this mod to lords and settlements within "range," with costs and outcomes considering the gang's influence (perhaps an extension of the continued development on gangs such as owning streets/territory), and the player's relationship with their leader.

And within keeps what about:
- all of the above?

I think it'd add a ton more depth to the whole social and roleplaying side of the game, without inventing too much in the way of new game mechanics. A few extra dialogue boxes, a new ai for runaway thieves, triggering guards to go after you if you pickpocket poorly, and of course the pickpocket script itself.

Any other little ideas?
This and also:
  • Upgrades to your workshop
  • Quests related with your workshop (getting rid of racketeers, providing tools etc.).
  • Ability to build your own house
  • Random encounters with bandits or some NPCs
  • Random events in the cities, like celebration of a victory with a small parade or smth like that

This and also:
  • Upgrades to your workshop
  • Quests related with your workshop (getting rid of racketeers, providing tools etc.).
  • Ability to build your own house
  • Random encounters with bandits or some NPCs
  • Random events in the cities, like celebration of a victory with a small parade or smth like that
Love it! Can you post the same here? These things can get noticed if there's enough action and views happening in the thread.

You should put Never, because I only enter in a town if I want buy a workshop, and only because I didn't find the way to talk with a employee outside the town. The scenes are the biggest waste of efforts, time, and Gigabytes I ever see.
The prision breaks will be another failure why should I break a prision if I could conquer all the castles or cities.
For me the only incentive to enter in a town or village would be a top tier armor or weapon, a big chest of gold, and not a couple of running lovers.

In some maps, your companions fish.

It's pretty cool but I don't make a habit of strolling...there's nothing much to do after all.

It would be nice if we had a motive/reason to visit the towns/villages. Like encountering random bad guys...or traders/smugglers...or...a really good wanderer.

Or a hermit who'll teach you medicine!

What if lords could actually be seen outside from time to time? When you do see them roaming the city, perhaps you could have the ability to challenge them to a sword fight to the death or a fist fight? Maybe you could even assassinate them?

What if you can climb the buildings to jump onto haystacks. Or if a dragon attacks and eats a guard or two, then you bring it down with javelins.
Wouldn't that be completely stupid for a game where you are a noble commander and not some stealthy dumbass.

Back
Top Bottom