TW Office Tour

Users who are viewing this thread

TW office nowadays:

1fsvf9.jpg

:wink:

You actually belive they sit at their own desk at all times? That's not how game development work.
It´s usually more effective to sit at your desk when you´re working on a pc.

I´m working from home too since 6 months (no dev) and I can talk to anyone I want at "anytime" because communication tools do exist.

If my boss wants to talk to me in private I don´t need to go to his office. He just calls me and I can still do my work while talking to him.

Of course he could just call me too if we were at the office, but then I can´t speak "freely" because other employeers would hear what I say.

I don´t think that software devs are that much impacted by working from home.

I´m working from home too since 6 months (no dev) and I can talk to anyone I want at "anytime" because communication tools do exist.
Yet again dev team is split into more teams if they dont communicate or look t what the other guy is doing they would be making the same code twice every few minutes

If my boss wants to talk to me in private I don´t need to go to his office. He just calls me and I can still do my work while talking to him.

Of course he could just call me too if we were at the office, but then I can´t speak "freely" because other employeers would hear what I say.

I don´t think that software devs are that much impacted by working from home.
Yep. I was working remotedly for years before covid actually. The tools we have nowadays... it really doesn't matter. A lot of our remote people are more productive than the folks actually still in the office.

Yet again, communication tools with screen sharing options (and so on) do exist.
And again person to person communication is easier matter not what and has less mistakes in every way i have worked on game development before like 2 years back from now for around 9 months it was definetly easier on person to person intercation then anytime we worked from home being like 2 times where some devs would call in sick but could still work as sometimes all these communication apps absoluelty drop to **** where nothing can be understood

Last edited:
Yep. I was working remotedly for years before covid actually. The tools we have nowadays... it really doesn't matter. A lot of our remote people are more productive than the folks actually still in the office.
If only the bosses at these companies didnt use ****ing skype where every 2 seconds somebody turns into a robot

And agian person to person communication is easier matter not what and has less mistakes in every way i have worked on game development before like 2 years back from now for around 9 months it was definetly easier on person to person intercation then anytime we worked from home being like 2 times where some devs would call in sick but could still work as sometimes all these communication apps absoluelty drop to **** where nothing can be understood
You use ICQ as your communication tool?

Why is person to person communication easier?

Also you don´t seem to learn that stuff like "," and "." do exist. So I can totally understand that person to person communictaion is easier when speakting to you :wink: .

You use ICQ as your communication tool?

Why is person to person communication easier?

Also you don´t seem to learn that stuff like "," and "." do exist.
Skype bb and since the rest if the team was at the office that made it harder

Its easier due to being face to face with someone is much easier then hearing them stutter every second and having their mic volume way too high and when they say what it blows the eardrums

Its easier due to being face to face with someone is much easier then hearing them stutter every second and having their mic volume way too high and when they say what it blows the eardrums
So you and co workers didn´t have a good internet connection and weren´t able to adjust your mic volume correctly.

Even non proffesional streamers are able to adjust their mic volume :wink: .

If devs (if you´re not lying) aren´t even able to adjust their mic level to a good level then I don´t think I want to play their game / use their software anyway. I mean it´s just one slider you have to swipe to the left or right :grin: . Any dev should be able to handle this, I mean all of our employees are able to handle even with no IT knowledge at all.

Good argument :grin: .

Also, really learn to use "," and "." when you write stuff in forums.

Because the guys in the office didn´t have Skype or what? So you send letters to each others? :grin: :grin: :grin:

It seems your company was really on high proffesional level and now you assume that each company is like that?

I really pray the TW devs are able to adjust their mic volume :grin: . Otherwise I can provide them with a step by step tutorial :grin: :grin:

But it would explain some stuff:

A: "We need to STUTTER workshops."
B: "STUTTER MEAN lower the income?"
A: "STUTTER said BALANCE the income!"
B: "You STUTTER player INCOME needs to be STUTTER?"
A: "Yes!"
B: "Ok!"

:wink:

Last edited:
So you and co workers didn´t have a good internet connection and weren´t able to adjust their mic volume correctly.

Good argument :grin: .

Also, really learn to use "," and "." when you write stuff in forums.

Even non proffesional streamers are able to adjust their mic volume :wink: .
Sorry english ain't my first language and i do not know what their internet connection was like could have been it and most people working on these projects weren't your younger type like myself most of them were from 50 to 60 like 3 decades of experience in coding or art design depending on what they worked on.

Mostly relied on other people to help but whenever they tried to adjust it would take like 15 to 20 minutes of 10 old men screaming at each other and most of them never used these kind apps and it was their first time not doing person to person so i may find it easier due to the environment i worked in and by the time we worked these apps were a few years old but they never bothered with it so good solid reasons

Back
Top Bottom