TW nailed the death animation(off topic with what's going on rn)

What are your thoughts on the death animations?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrei[beast]

Sergeant at Arms
TLDR; Great death animations.
Again, like the title says, this thread is kinda off topic with what's happening rn on the forums.
So my last playtrough is a empire-like one, in which i'm fighting with a two-handed sword and bow. My last big battle before taking a break was against the goddamn battanians that kept looting my villages thus starving my cities. I kinda went bloodlust without thinking of casualties and got a 800v1000 battle on my back, me being the minority.
Ok, i'll stop being off topic myself, eventually after the shield walls collided i went into the chaos with my sword and started hacking left and right into these guys. I got astonished by the animation which this time not being on horseback i had the chance to observe. At one point i cut one archer's legs and his lower part went the way i swung the sword while his upper part collapsed to the ground.
After that i started coming off my horse, and helping my men in tight fights, but i think i'm enjoying these fights too much. It's just soooo fun going behind the enemy lines and watch their poor bodies get thrown away by my blade.
So my conclusion, cuz i'm already talking too much is that TW nailed the death animations of these characters and i hope that maaaybe in the future we're gonna have some more^^

Last edited:
TLDR; Great death animations.
Again, like the title says, this thread is kinda off topic with what's happening rn on the forums.
So my last playtrough is a empire-like one, in which i'm fighting with a two-handed sword and bow. My last big battle before taking a break was against the goddamn battanians that kept looting my villages thus starving my cities. I kinda went bloodlust without thinking of casualties and got a 800v1000 battle on my back, me being the minority.
Ok, i'll stop being off topic myself, eventually after the shield walls collided i went into the chaos with my sword and started hacking left and right into these guys. I got astonished by the animation which this time not being on horseback i had the chance to observe. At one point i cut one archer's legs and his lower part went the way i swung the sword while his upper part collapsed to the ground.
After that i started coming off my horse, and helping my men in tight fights, but i think i'm enjoying these fights too much. It's just soooo fun going behind the enemy lines and watch their poor bodies get thrown away by my blade.
So my conclusion, cuz i'm already talking too much is that TW nailed the death animations of these characters and i hope that maaaybe in the future we're gonna have some more^^
Yes Infantry is the way to go :grin: <3 Always more action and tempo when the slaughtering starting to commence :wink:

And when youre playing with some epic music its just an amazing feeling :grin:

My favorite animation is when someone get javelined to the throat right in front of you..:Its brutal every time

Last edited:
Yeah, they've really outdone them with these animations. I made a video once showcasing some of them and it blew my mind how many there were just for arrows.

If you're interested to see some more, here you go. Talking specifically about 02:16 onwards!

:smile:

Yeah, they've really outdone them with these animations. I made a video once showcasing some of them and it blew my mind how many there were just for arrows.

If you're interested to see some more, here you go. Talking specifically about 02:16 onwards!

:smile:

Saw that one a while ago!
Good stuff.
Even though i love the 1v1 ones my favourites are destroying the enemy from horseback and seeing them get flung around and spray blood everywhere.
It feeds my inner sadism y'now..

youve made me want to do a sturgian or battian footman run now thanks
Ehhhh
The battanians are cool and all and one playtrough with them can ensure fun BUT a sturgian playtrough is more challenging and a sturgian shield wall is way more visually appealing
And again, destroying the **** out of some khuzaits with a big axe is just soooo satisfying

youve made me want to do a sturgian or battian footman run now thanks
Go berserker play thru, thats the most brutal and challenging ive done so far ... Go light and maximize your two hander, agility and secondary throwing...Use the terrain and AI troops for cover...Then watch your little berserker group and yourself go ham when you get in close :wink: But dont overextend...thats a common mistake when you see red filled with bloodlust xD

Go berserker play thru, thats the most brutal and challenging ive done so far ... Go light and maximize your two hander and throwing...Use the terrain and AI troops for cover...Then watch your little berserker group and yourself go ham when you get in close :wink:
or i will get noscoepd by the filthy khurzait horse archers but yeah im gonna give it ago

do you run compainions as zerkers too?

or i will get noscoepd by the filthy khurzait horse archers but yeah im gonna give it ago

do you run compainions as zerkers too?

Yeah if you meet alot of Khuzaits HA stay inside the formations as here...But you can also stay in cover in the terrain if there is any. Using horses as cover is one tactic to

The mistake i did here was to go to much in the open instead of staying with the group...

Yes i had two or three berserker tailored followers with me to. One was medic but was also equipped with an two hander throwing weapon and naked basically :smile:

Go berserker play thru, thats the most brutal and challenging ive done so far ... Go light and maximize your two hander, agility and secondary throwing...Use the terrain and AI troops for cover...Then watch your little berserker group and yourself go ham when you get in close :wink: But dont overextend...thats a common mistake when you see red filled with bloodlust xD
Sad thing is that i tried this but every goddamn time i go north to the sturgian lands(while playing all realism, not used to it) i just get pummelled by looter supercells of 15+ looters while my 10 peasants can't do sht.
Had like 3 games in a row with that happening and eventually rage-quitted..

Sad thing is that i tried this but every goddamn time i go north to the sturgian lands(while playing all realism, not used to it) i just get pummelled by looter supercells of 15+ looters while my 10 peasants can't do sht.
Had like 3 games in a row with that happening and eventually rage-quitted..
Dont go against 15+ looters with 10 peasants xD regular basic soldiers i usually go same amount against but it can be an risk especially when youre low skilled and slow on the feet and if youre not used to respect the enemy AI damage output then you going to get in trouble.

Dont go against 15+ looters with 10 peasants xD regular basic soldiers i usually go same amount against but it can be an risk
82517099.jpg

Jokes aside, first time i did that i won a fight of 10v13 or smth like that and won by getting half of them myself. But eventually i got cocky and stubborn and kept doing that while failing everytime xD
Should adapt a new strategy though..

Back
Top Bottom