TW Do You Accept The Fact That Development Is Slow And Not Progressive

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you accept that fact TW? If you do then can you talk about how to get rid of that deficiency? Are you gonna hire more qualified developers? What do you planning for that problem?

Or are you gonna enjoy the advantage of slow and basic development without more expense?

We know you guys sold the game great amount of copy and have tons of money to make the development better. Can we see a solution from you TW?

(I bet they won't answer, best we will see is discussion about topic between forum members. Classic..)

Last edited:
Why would they hire more developers when the TW defense squad on this forum will come and talk about how much the game has improved over the last 6 months?

Game still boring, still stale, and still remarkably undeveloped.

Why would they hire more developers when the TW defense squad on this forum will come and talk about how much the game has improved over the last 6 months?

Game still boring, still stale, and still remarkably undeveloped.
Hiring more people does not = speed, if you need any proof just look at TW. Build up always have a delay in effectiveness, you have to go through training and how a company does its processes. Especially when it comes to coding, new folks have to learn a whole new base of code and style that might not be natural to them. It can take a year for someone to not be the reason you constantly get bugs. You also have that much more oversight needed to ensure quality products, which is that much less time the veterans aren't working on their own. Also they already said the talent pool in Turkey is very small so probably most new people they get are fresh from the universities. Also take into account COVID global shutdowns right as the game goes into EA no doubt hampered progress.

Still a ton of features to go, but honestly 1.5.2 has been the most fun I've had being a player kingdom. You aren't constantly in war now and can actually have periods of peace to build up your kingdom (went almost a full year, 2 1/2 seasons).

I bet you that them growing so much actually caused some of the delay as they spent time onboarding new people.

Hiring more people does not = speed, if you need any proof just look at TW. Build up always have a delay in effectiveness, you have to go through training and how a company does its processes. Especially when it comes to coding, new folks have to learn a whole new base of code and style that might not be natural to them. It can take a year for someone to not be the reason you constantly get bugs. You also have that much more oversight needed to ensure quality products, which is that much less time the veterans aren't working on their own. Also they already said the talent pool in Turkey is very small so probably most new people they get are fresh from the universities. Also take into account COVID global shutdowns right as the game goes into EA no doubt hampered progress.

Still a ton of features to go, but honestly 1.5.2 has been the most fun I've had being a player kingdom. You aren't constantly in war now and can actually have periods of peace to build up your kingdom (went almost a full year, 2 1/2 seasons).

I bet you that them growing so much actually caused some of the delay as they spent time onboarding new people.

Not only that, but people seem to forget that companies require financial planning, it is not like they can download a mod or use cheats to improve their finances on demand...

Has the amount of copies sold from Warband been enough to cover the cost of making Bannerlord? How much of the revenue from Bannerlord has been used to cover the expenses from previous development time? How much of the revenue has to be reserved in order to pay for future expenses? Out of all that, how much can they actually invest in personnel and/or future projects?

If they are worried about their finances, maybe they should start listening to stop making trash mechanics like crush through and stance system or trash gamemodes like skirmish.

(I bet they won't answer, best we will see is discussion about topic between forum members. Classic..)
If you actually wanted an answer, you'd ask a less loaded question, like "is the pace of development as you intended/predicted, and still on course to complete the game within the original timescales?".

Lmao just ping some of the devs and mods on here
@Callum
@azakhi
@Orion
I mean the Community Managers don't even do their Job properly, they ignore threads with criticism completely. Let it be bad or good one, they just don't give a sh*t about anyone of their playerbase. Atleast thats the impression they give off.

They never give a clear answer either, their responses are the most vaguely thing i have ever seen, they all would make a great a sphynx imposter.
And @Op you forgot to mention how often they break their promises.

I don´t think it´s about the devs or the amount of devs. You can´t just hire 10 (or whatever how many devs) and speed up the dev process.

In my opinion they have some lack of focus or I just don´t see their overall plan. And that´s because of their lack of communication.

It would be nice if they would tell us what we can expect with next update, which part they focus on right now and so on. And it would be good, if they would involve us, the players, more than they do now. Right now it´s like, they do stuff X and we get it, instead we could have the chance to at least say what we think about it before it goes live if they would involve us more.

The best example for this is the thread about the AI Mexxico opened. There were so many players involved and it was a great discussion and I think the end result of it was great! I think the result wouldn´t have been this good if Mexxco didn´t ask us for our opinion.

Also they should just add stuff when all systems involved are kind of complete, it can destroy game balance if they just add some minor part (with their big picture in mind) but the rest will take weeks to be added, if you know what I mean.

I don´t care that much about slow progress at all if the result is fine. But not beeing involved in any way feels bad.

An actual roadmap would really be very much appreciated. The thread we have (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ing-plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine.422296/) is outdated in my opinion, I mean it´s 4-5 months old right now.

Last edited:
Not this thread again, please I beg you close this now before everything goes to hell. I beg you.
They know it has been slow
They know they have to fix things
They know all of this, asking for them to pledge before you in the name of america or something won't change anything, they're still working on the game, and they will keep working on the game even if you make or not make shade throwing threads every week. Can we move on?

Not this thread again, please I beg you close this now before everything goes to hell. I beg you.
They know all of this, asking for them to pledge before you in the name of america or something won't change anything, they're still working on the game, and they will keep working on the game even if you make or not make shade throwing threads every week. Can we move on?
Question is why these people think Taleworlds will answer these questions. It's beyond un-professional.

Question is why these people think Taleworlds will answer these questions. It's beyond un-professional.
Bruh are you thinking controlling community with forum is professional? Just shut up please LOL.

Yeah and they are still same :grin: Community wants see something can hold with hands not living in dreams like you guys. TW deserves more criticsm we are customer and we want to see something improves. Like come on do something damn.

This explanation fails utterly and only cast more skepticism at TW capability as a developer. The question for me isn't really, why aren't they hiring more people now, its WHY DIDN'T they hire more people 3-4 years ago? How can the project be so mismanaged?

Also, they decided to release it in EA, during the pandemic, without a proper roadmap to manage everyone's expectations. They made that decision. I have the theory that they did it on purpose to make maximum money, because if this game had gone through the normal process, with lots of youtube videos and watch me play type videos, many people would've waited to purchase due to the dearth of content.

Bruh are you thinking controlling community with forum is professional? Just shut up please LOL.

Yeah and they are still same :grin: Community wants see something can hold with hands not living in dreams like you guys. TW deserves more criticsm we are customer and we want to see something improves. Like come on do something damn.
Community controlling? Do you need controlling like a child?

Asking developers to disrespect their colleagues work is moronic. Criticising them yourself? No problem, but asking the developers to do it. **** me.

How many? How many of this threads need to be created, get out of control, people throwing insults at each other before figuring out it doesen't help members, developers, the game itself.

The thread name and the original post is formulated in a way that simply can not be responded to with any dose of seriousness.
Locking this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom