B Tutorial 3D Tutorial for heraldic armors, and mini-mod for testing some of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey Krieglitz, have you ever had items that were just pure shining white? And how did you solve that? :???: Because now I have that with your cuir_Bouilli and I used to have it with earlier attempts on heraldry as well.

FrisianDude said:
Hey Krieglitz, have you ever had items that were just pure shining white? And how did you solve that? :???: Because now I have that with your cuir_Bouilli and I used to have it with earlier attempts on heraldry as well.
Yes I have already had this kind of error. The items are "pure shining white" when the texture is not "retrieved" by the soft. Perhaps because in your "module.info", the brf containing the new texture is listed after the brf containing the material or the meshes?
Don't forget that the brf containing the texture must be listed before those with material, and brf containing materials before those with meshes.
If texture, material and meshes are on the same brf, there are no trouble anyway.
If you don't find the error, can you sent your module info?
In my own case, all the error of this kind were due to this kind of thing.

I am really honoured if I have helped you in your work!
But all I have done is to transcript what I have read in the source released by Rucchi in his "Fire Arrow" mod.
All the instructions are Ok even for Warband?

I downloaded Paint .Net and found a texture I wanted to make heraldic. It was already colored, and I could not find a way to "paint transparency" on it so I marked what I wanted, inverted, then deleted and saved in the format stated in the first post. This had the effect of making my armor white though. So what I wonder, and can not quite understand, is how to "remove" colored parts and replace them with transparency as just deleting did not work for me. Warband v1.131.

Great tutorial.

Ive been tinkering with this. My new shield works, everything works fine except the area that's supposed to show the banner shows up black. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Where should the coordinates point to?

I have rulers set up in photoshop around the shield texture as described in this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136799.msg3290090.html#msg3290090

Can you please elaborate on the fixed point multiplier?

For example if I have a texture 1024 x 1024 px and I want the coordinates of the banner center to be at x=600 px y=400 px.
And I don't touch z right?

Somebody said:
They're planar meshes referenced in module_meshes and are overlaid with a certain z-order after the banner mesh and/or any vertex colors has been applied.

yes, they're referenced as meshes in module_meshes.py, but there's no using of the meshes on module_tableau_materials.py.

Back
Top Bottom