[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Users who are viewing this thread

Training takes place once a day. It doesn't matter if you send a companion on 4x 1 week sessions or 1x 4 weeks session.
Daily probability to increase an attribute = 3%+Training/3+(Attr_Difference-5)/5
(2% instead of 3% for sergeants, and they max at knight attr - 2)

Skill probability = 3%+Training/3+(Skill_Difference-3)/2
(2% instead of 3% for sergeants, and they max at knight skill - 1)

WP probability = 3%+Training/3+(Prof_Difference/20-5)/2
(2% instead of 3% for sergeants, and they max at knight WP - 30)

[Bud Lite Ad]I Love You Man![/Bud Lite Ad]
So to get 30/10 att/skill sergeants, your 30/10 companion needs to train your knights to 30/10 first, then improve the knights with gold up to 32/11, then train until the sergeants come up to max.

Using gold increases weapon prof and STR/AGI, not skills.

That said, you could (I think) boost the knights Stats/WP above that of your trainer (Trainer WP+30), raising the cap for the sergeants (which will now be trainer WP) such that the trainer can raise their stats/WP to what the trainer has.

Might be annoying though. If for example your trainer had 450 archery WP (also the cap for your sergeants) and the sergeants had 449 WP, then the percentage chance per day of them getting to 450 is almost Training/3 -0.5 %. So our elf friend who has 0 training will have no chance to raise them that far... If you somehow could get him a couple of levels, throw it into INT and then put the points into training you might be able to coax the last few points out...

Also, I guess you could really specialize and have one trainer (with a little training of course) put every single point into strength and another into agility. Ideally the ones whose (Stat-level) is the lowest, so you can push as far as possible to get the bonuses for them. Since Weapon Master 10 gets you to 420, you could possibly get the AGI person close to 450 or even higher for their WPs. (I think one of the knights has good melee proficiencies though, and comes with trainer). However, I don't know if the weapon master skill helps the soliders.

Still, it would be amusing to churn out sergeants with above noldor stats (Rangers have 400 in all profs). I think there are uber-heavy armors with more defence, you can possibly get their WP up and then they can have 9 powerdraw. And double bags of noldor arrows...

You'd have to grind like mad to actually get anywhere near the Noldor Twilight Knight's 600 weapon proficiencies though. Even weapon master 10 gets you to 420, getting 180 more would take forever.

MadVader said:
Yeah, except I'm not sure how you are going to get 11 for a skill.
Obligatory Spinal Tap reference is obligatory. :mrgreen:
With that out of the way, I'm not sure how someone reported getting a sergeant with 10 skill in something then. No matter, 9 skill is enough to make them the deadliest commoners out there, only 'zerks and scorps get that high. Most orders don't either. Even Noldor don't get better skills.

Well, I don'T know how or if this is buggy, but my sergeants usually hit Skills 10 just 1-3 months after my knights. They remain terrible stat-wise, though. The Knights have STR 30, the sergeants have trouble passing STR 17. (Even when trainer has 30+ STR)

Maybe something is a little off there.

MadVader said:
Ok, so I looked at the code and it's true that the sergeant's skills can equal the knight's skills. And that's it. Consider it a feature. :smile:
Does the bit capping their stats and weapon proficiency below the knights' also do that?

Alavaria said:
MadVader said:
Ok, so I looked at the code and it's true that the sergeant's skills can equal the knight's skills. And that's it. Consider it a feature. :smile:
Does the bit capping their stats and weapon proficiency below the knights' also do that?
It's just the skills that can be equal, that's all.

So I tallied it up, and hilariously, 1 Doom mace, 2x Noldor arrows, 1 Heavy Plate Greaves and 1 Mattenheim Steel Mittens takes 214 days and 161k cash.

1 Eventide helm & Cape: 100 days and 140k cash  :shock: I bet it's the secret CAPE technology that does it. This well-guarded secret is why it takes longer and is more expensive to manufacture than even noldor helmets.

Vrael_ said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier, but the images in the first post are removed (this post can be deleted after MadVader has read it).
Too many views per month says Photobucket. :smile:
Any advice on a more forgiving image service is appreciated.

MadVader said:
Vrael_ said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier, but the images in the first post are removed (this post can be deleted after MadVader has read it).
Too many views per month says Photobucket. :smile:
Any advice on a more forgiving image service is appreciated.
Go brutal and use PoP3 Wiki?

Are the sergeants like special troops? Like the Squires of the Lion for the Order of the Lion and Silvermist Halberdiers for the Silvermist Rangers?

Back
Top Bottom