Tutorial: Creating your own regiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

mikkel the great said:
@Spanker

Well, now I'am. Leader of the Young Guards!!

Mikkel, if you want your regiment of randomness to work, you should name it the 1st of Troll. problem is though that in LB's the troops are arranged by class and if you want your men to take a random class they're gonna have to be scattered around in the chatrooms in TS. So you should just first talk to the organising force of the current LB and ask if he can make it work.

@ Every ( possible ) founder:
It takes much time to create a new regiment. You should think about it, when you start it. I need 10+ h to create everything. Then you should min. 1 member, who is a good mate.
When your regiment runs well, you have to be active and should take part at every linebattle of your regiment. You have to organize trainings, check your thread and find new members.
I deleted my regiment and joined a other (good) regiment,
but I can help you. Just add MASTERKILL666A at Steam.

so... your going to join all lb's with one guy? intresting.

And no offense but i think the best advice can come from Regimental leaders that got a regiment and they got it for a while, and didn't fail yet.

Gokiller,

Aye, make sure you have some good contacts before you start out. I dont know 'bout I would have been able to do it without help from others. And make sure you know a few people who are willing to join, if you create a regiment.

Another thing that a lot of people overlook is if you are made to lead. Are you a follower or a leader in real life. Leading a bunch of guys can be stressful at times, but if you like to do it, then go ahead. Granted everyone has a off day or two, but still you have to make sure you have what it takes to be a leader before you actually start anything up.

One piece of advice: Don't do it unless you have a ****load of free time, it's probably one of the mos item consuming hobbies there is, it's why a lot of regiments fail because there leader simply doesn't have the time anymore.

What happens if you don't have any friends on this :_:

I wanted to create my own little regi of Huron Warriors :smile: to aid the white mens armies here and there xD and other stuff...one of them being Roleplay within our own regi :smile: ...

I was thinking about creating a Prussian Line Infantry Regiment(111th) would it be a good idea?
please reply!!!! :lol:

Look around the web for some examples of awesome real life Prussian regiments, there are many to chose from.

Oh, may as well add this if I am going to post here: With the recent influx of new regiments, I cannot stress enough how annoying it is public players find it when regiments harass them to join their regiment. Now that we have a stringent rule in place it has calmed down dramatically, but even so, take care of how you represent your regiment in a public space. I always advise using a simple message to show you are recruiting, and then showing them your capabilities, whether that be topping the scoreboard or simply having a lot of guys on to show activity. It makes people remember you for the right reasons, instead of "those damnable fellows who wouldn't stop giving me their steam accounts and asking me to join."

zancekzan said:
Commander Millander said:
I would recommend a far smaller 2 digit number.

the 99th?

Prussian numbers didn't go high at all, because unlike british every unit had a seperate count(british had line, light, skirm and guard into 1). Prussians had everything seperated and so had very low regiment numbers, with most classes, except line infantry and foot artillary not reaching above the 30.

Rudovich said:
zancekzan said:
Commander Millander said:
I would recommend a far smaller 2 digit number.

the 99th?

Prussian numbers didn't go high at all, because unlike british every unit had a seperate count(british had line, light, skirm and guard into 1). Prussians had everything seperated and so had very low regiment numbers, with most classes, except line infantry and foot artillary not reaching above the 30.

Its going to stay the 111th

XDude12 said:
I was thinking of creating a LINE INFTANTRY regiment that is only EU Based. :cool:

Is it a good idea?  :smile:

A lot of people try to keep it US or EU based only, for good pings on servers so yes sure it is!

Make sure you do some research before you make one.

Rudovich said:
XDude12 said:
I was thinking of creating a LINE INFTANTRY regiment that is only EU Based. :cool:

Is it a good idea?  :smile:

A lot of people try to keep it US or EU based only, for good pings on servers so yes sure it is!

Make sure you do some research before you make one.

What kind of research?

Back
Top Bottom