Turn 4 : Complete : ROCK Engagements and Scheduling

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engagement summary and scheduling information for Turn 4.

General information and reminders:
  • Please, make sure you have the latest version of the module: Link.
  • Pending scene updates for the engagement
  • Hosting party: make sure to set up the server according to the guidelines
  • Please, post the agreed upon time, date and server here or via PM to a ROCK admin.
  • After the match, don't forget to report the final casualties (TDM scores) for both sides! Screenshots work best

Engagement location:G-10(Tihr)
AttackersDefenders
ArmiesBalion 3, GK 3Ra 2
Troops1000500
Troop TypesLoyalist Tier2Rebel Tier 2

Date and time: TBA
Server: Balion War Room

Engagement type: Siege

Map: City of Tihr

Deadline (last day) for the engagement to be played: Monday, February 6th.

Engagement location:G-8(Hrus Castle)
AttackersDefenders
ArmiesBalion 2aRa Garrison Troops
Troops25075
Troop TypesLoyalist Tier2Garrison Troops

Map: Hrus Castle

Engagement location:D-7(Chalbek Castle)
AttackersDefenders
ArmiesGK 2Wappaw Garrison Troops
Troops50075
Troop TypesLoyalist Tier2Garrison Troops2

Map: Chalbek Castle

Available engagement times for both engagement featuring Balion vs Ra:

Friday night any time past 7:00pm eastern.

Sunday night any time past 7:00pm eastern.

We can fight one or both, depending on GK's availability of course for the Tihr fight.

For the smaller GK battle we can do Saturday after 8 EST.
For the larger match with Balions+GK, we can do Monday after 8 EST.

Outlawed said:
For the smaller GK battle we can do Saturday after 8 EST.

The smaller battle is actually with Balion (Balion 2a specifically) and we would prefer Sunday night at or after  7:30pm eastern.  A number of us have a pre-arranged NC practice.  (NC trumps Balion's personal schedule due to the combination of so many clans, so if it were just a simple scrim we would reschedule but I cannot justify that for an Nation's Cup Official Practice scheduled early this week.

Monday works for us for the combined battle and can happen at or after 7:00pm eastern.

We could always take care of both of these on Monday if that works better.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Can we confirm 8:00pm EST on Monday for the Balions+GK vs Ra siege engagement? A final word before Sunday evening would be ideal

I was referring to the quick fight.

Confusion.

Also, my members can't really do today, because of the superbowl.
That's why I tried to avoid Sunday, unless its early.

We can schedule the matches on Monday, maybe even have the Balion vs Ra right after the Balion+GK vs Ra match.

Outlawed said:
We can schedule the matches on Monday, maybe even have the Balion vs Ra right after the Balion+GK vs Ra match.
That works perfect.

Let's do:
Outlawed said:

And the second one right after.

Thanks and see you tomorrow night.

As far as I know Wappaw vs GK is on for tonight at 8:00pm eastern.

gl, hf

Results for this Turn's Engagements:

GK vs Wappaw @ D-7 (Chalbek Castle)
Autoresolved by GK request
Wappaw victory, GK takes 10% penalty

GK + Balion vs Ra @ G-10 (Tihr)
Loyalist Victory

Balion vs Ra @ G-8 (Hrus Castle)
Loyalist Victory

Mad Dawg said:

I feel the need to say something about the results of turn 4 that will probably be unpopular and unwelcome by those running ROCK and even by the clans involved (including my own). First I do want to say that you guys are doing a great job in running and organizing ROCK, but in this one situation I do think something needs to be said even if nothing comes from it.

The problem is that the results of the GK vs Wappaw siege don't follow the rules. The posted result of GK's 10% penalty and a Wappaw victory are what would happen should a clan fail to properly schedule a match. This would be due to conflicting times of availability or even inaction by a lordship to schedule a match resulting in fault being found against them for that lapse. (Found within the Scheduling, Conflicts and Fault Designation section). Note however, that this is not what happened since the results say "Autoresolved by GK request." This means that the engagement would have to follow the autoresolve functionality of the rules instead of the scheduling and fault section.

Namely this line is appropriate, "A lordship that utilizes the autoresolve feature will take a calculated amount of casualites factoring in enemy army size, defending army size and tier equipment upgrades."

In the end, it seems like using this for the results makes more sense and it doesn't punish a single Lordship for the errors of both. And both Lordships were at fault. First GK in that they left before fighting the match because of a perceived grievance with random mercs. Then for Wappaw in only bringing 3 or 4 real members to an agreed upon match and then bringing in random mercs to almost triple their ranks (though that does include a couple POM mercs ok'd by ROCK management previously). Both clans have fault so perhaps this should just be considered an anomaly in ROCK and could either be resolved with the rules for 'Autoresolution' or just rescheduled for sometime in the next couple days if possible (my vote).

Oh and sorry for such a long post, but this whole thing has been bugging me since it happened.  Quite frankly this match should never have been scheduled for during the Superbowl and had it not been this would never have been a problem.

Coopels said:
Mad Dawg said:

I feel the need to say something about the results of turn 4 that will probably be unpopular and unwelcome by those running ROCK and even by the clans involved (including my own). First I do want to say that you guys are doing a great job in running and organizing ROCK, but in this one situation I do think something needs to be said even if nothing comes from it.

The problem is that the results of the GK vs Wappaw siege don't follow the rules. The posted result of GK's 10% penalty and a Wappaw victory are what would happen should a clan fail to properly schedule a match. This would be due to conflicting times of availability or even inaction by a lordship to schedule a match resulting in fault being found against them for that lapse. (Found within the Scheduling, Conflicts and Fault Designation section). Note however, that this is not what happened since the results say "Autoresolved by GK request." This means that the engagement would have to follow the autoresolve functionality of the rules instead of the scheduling and fault section.

Namely this line is appropriate, "A lordship that utilizes the autoresolve feature will take a calculated amount of casualites factoring in enemy army size, defending army size and tier equipment upgrades."

In the end, it seems like using this for the results makes more sense and it doesn't punish a single Lordship for the errors of both. And both Lordships were at fault. First GK in that they left before fighting the match because of a perceived grievance with random mercs. Then for Wappaw in only bringing 3 or 4 real members to an agreed upon match and then bringing in random mercs to almost triple their ranks (though that does include a couple POM mercs ok'd by ROCK management previously). Both clans have fault so perhaps this should just be considered an anomaly in ROCK and could either be resolved with the rules for 'Autoresolution' or just rescheduled for sometime in the next couple days if possible (my vote).

Oh and sorry for such a long post, but this whole thing has been bugging me since it happened.  Quite frankly this match should never have been scheduled for during the Superbowl and had it not been this would never have been a problem.

Or you could have just played it out instead of leaving.

I'm not trying to start anything, but nothing that Wappaw did was against the rules-- so no "fault" lies with Wappaw. I'm not happy with our turnout either, but I'm sure there were better actions for you guys to take than just deciding not to play after we scheduled the event.

Technically you're right in saying that now since the rules have been updated to resolve the conflict that came. Until then they hadn't allowed or disallowed mercs which is the merit behind what I said and thus the conflict. I think the whole thing is messed up and should be simply rescheduled instead of any other option.

I have to ask if you honestly believe all of those mercs you gathered represented Wappaw or were they just a means to an end so as to not forfeit the match yourselves or play at a huge disadvantage?

First we are in the wrong section for things of this nature.  Pleae utilize the General Discussion thread next time. (or so much better PM's)  This is a working and saved log of every turn and should not be cluttered with contiual comments about the results of the turn.

Final word, GK was offered a reshedule.  They opted an autoresolve.  A traditional "Autoresolve" is for a defender only that wishes not to be bothered with a fight or knows they cannot field enough before a deadline.  It's a way for them to come clean before an "At Fault" is designated.  As attackers GK technically did not have the option to Autoresolve.

The engagement was not fought due to GK's lack of participation (whether right or wrong I have no opinion and respect your right to not fight an engagement) and therefore GK was found at fault for the engagement not being played.

Case closed.  No further discussion is needed or accepted. (Except via properly provided formats and hopefully via PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom