Turkey Right Now

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hospes fori said:
carrier said:
You better dont understand. For your ego has pass on your thoughts, you simply cant think.
You are not slow to judge people, are you?

I judged you after you judged a man WHO you dont even know a f*cking thing. So im not slow at all.

lorddarknes said:
Don't waste your time carrier they are just turkofobic  :fruity:

Okay my bad, im leaving.

Hospes fori said:
lorddarknes said:
Surely you mean phobic Turks. You clearly did not concern yourself enough with ancalimon's teachings.

Yea all Turks are "phobic". How clever of you.

lorddarknes said:

We don't mind Turks. Which is why we devote the effort to trying to make you *guys that post here, not all Turks, don't bane* see that you're not a magical master race from which all others spawned and make fools of yourselves by twisting and ignoring history to fit your delusions.

Lumos said:
ancalimon said:
Let me put it straight. Ottomans saved many people in Europe, Africa and Asia from European colonialism.
Yeah, guys, many thanks for that time where you saved my nation from European colonialism by enslaving us for 500 years.

Your people could just revolt and gain independence during these whole 500 years. Think about why they didnt.

If you say they couldnt, you just dont know the power of an uprising.

TheFlyingFishy said:
lorddarknes said:

We don't mind Turks. Which is why we devote the effort to trying to make you *guys that post here, not all Turks, don't bane* see that you're not a magical master race from which all others spawned and make fools of yourselves by twisting and ignoring history to fit your delusions.

Haha, we? Thinking us as a masterrace? Turn and look for yourself, and you will find my answer.

Hey, wasn't a great deal of European imperialism mainly kicked off by the Ottomans sitting their arses on all the decent spice trade routes, as well?

:iamamoron:

carrier said:
Haha, we? Thinking us as a masterrace? Turn and look for yourself, and you will find my answer.

Turning, turning, turning till you're dizzy...this guy has a jammed steering column, I guess.  :???:

carrier said:

I went over to the mirror and asked the image within if it agreed with me. He said "yes."

And I honestly can't recall anyone thus far making a claim of being better than Turks or a superior race. The issue is that you consider yourselves exceptional and superior; people are just trying to remind you that you're not.

carrier said:
I judged you after you judged a man WHO you dont even know a f*cking thing.
I have judged your historical knowledge on the basis of the opinions you have expressed on the supposition that you were being serious.

carrier said:
So im not slow at all.
Actually I was expecting you to refute my impression. Consider me surprised to see you confirm it.

carrier said:
Yea all Turks are "phobic". How clever of you.
That is really not what I said.

TheFlyingFishy said:
And I honestly can't recall anyone thus far making a claim of being better than Turks or a superior race. The issue is that you consider yourselves exceptional and superior race

You have a nice butthurt on your shoulders  :shifty: support it with more Bull**** and you will see the highest point you can ever arrive in your life

Beside that Turkophobic guy, maybe %0,1 of the population see themself as "superior race" in Turkey, and most of them are not Turks  :shifty:

So then what made the Ottomans so special that everyone under them should be glad that they were ruled by people who conquered them by force and gave them no input in how they were governed?

I have been tracking this thread over the past couple of pages due to the notifications I keep getting in my 'unreads' and can say for certain there is nothing to add that would be useful at all. There is no argument or point in this discussion that's keeping its ground or standing by the points it raises.

It bascially is just a thread used to put each other down at this point.

mcwiggum said:
It bascially is just a thread used to put each other down at this point.
Well, I believe at least some reasonable points have been raised. The fact that they have remained largely ignored is a different matter.

gave them no input in how they were governed

I am not sure if you have any historical information about Ottoman history. Ottomans put non-Turkic ottoman citizens as a "first class citizens" in Ottomans, Ministers and Pashas were mostly Non-Turkic Ottomans. Also governorship were belongs to Vassals and half-Vassals, Ottomans get only tax. And those taxes were funding Yeni Ceri Army, which was non-Turkic militia force.

After the revolution, Ottomans gave some new rights to Non-Turkic people, such as

"You dont need to give equal taxes as Turks, pay less taxes"
"You can have more MP in assembly than you can ever get with your population"
"You are non muslim ? Okay, you dont need to join army, we will find Turks for this job"
"If you are not muslim but christian, Pope institution can effect your religious life directly even without my interference"

And Turks were the second-class citizens that have to stay in army more than ever, should have pay more taxes more than ever, and could get less representative in assembly  :grin:

Varrak said:
I am not sure if you have any historical information about Ottoman history. Ottomans put non-Turkic ottoman citizens as a "first class citizens" in Ottomans, Ministers and Pashas were mostly Non-Turkic Ottomans. Also governorship were belongs to Vassals and half-Vassals, Ottomans get only tax. And those taxes were funding Yeni Ceri Army, which was non-Turkic militia force.

After the revolution, Ottomans gave some new rights to Non-Turkic people, such as

"You dont need to give equal taxes as Turks, pay less taxes"
"You can have more MP in assembly than you can ever get with your population"
"You are non muslim ? Okay, you dont need to join army, we will find Turks for this job"
"If you are not muslim but christian, Pope institution can effect your religious life directly even without my interference"

And Turks were the second-class citizens that have to stay in army more than ever, should have pay more taxes more than ever, and could get less representative in assembly  :grin:
You make all this sound like Turks willingly accepted being an oppressed majority in the Ottoman Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom