Turkey Right Now

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcwiggum said:
Feragorn said:
All morality is relative. Philosophy is only shades of grey. History is written by the victors. Golden mean. Horseshoe theory.
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

Double ninja.

A turk who has a Roman Empire fandom.  :lol:

That isnt funny. I love Romans, for their time they made icredible things. Put aside incest and other sh*t.

Feragorn said:
carrier said:
Feragorn said:
All morality is relative. Philosophy is only shades of grey. History is written by the victors. Golden mean. Horseshoe theory.

Good for you.

Do you not agree that replacing one sort of outdated imperialism with another was a bad thing?

It was a bad thing ofc, it seems i have understood you wrong, sorry.

ancalimon said:
Epicrules said:
That's one hell of a non sequitur.
Let me put it straight. Ottomans saved many people from European colonialism. Many European countries are still colonialists because you guys do nothing about it. You are simply happy because it gives you cheap oil, higher income and more time on your hands for art and stuff. You all are shining examples of Turks.

"Saved from European colonists." Invariably the European colonizers did nothing but good for the local populace. They provided them with blankets when they were cold, gave them exceptional rates for land purchases, (do you know how expensive and valuable European jewerlry was back then? Certainly far more valuable than the area the Dutchman got that is now New York) provided them with amazing reservations to live on, where they are free to do as they please, even though they sit on valuable resources. By all rights, the U.S. government should remove them, because it would help them when U.S. is richer, but it's too nice and short-sighted.

carrier said:
Okay, you made me sad. Now im gonna cry and never come back.  :cry:
Sometimes the truth just hurts.

carrier said:
Read a little book other than your standart school training. At ww1, English,French,Anzac and Greek forces have started their invasion from Çanakkale. Yes Ottomans were allied with Germany,Austro-Hungari and Bulgaria but they barely helped Ottomans.
What is the point you are trying to make here?

carrier said:
I know what kul means. [...] The "kul" are not the thing you think of it.
Please note that I am not the only one who thinks they are the thing I think they are.

Hospes fori said:
carrier said:
While England or France or god knows which country attacked Ottoman Empire.
I am sorry to say that this account of yours seems to sum up your historical knowledge quite accurately.

Why is it that ardent patriots often know so little about their perceived fatherland?

This is the comment that you insulted me. So im telling you the truth.

And dont judge people with their account, for i have other thoughts other than Ottomans or Turkey or bla bla.

Btw the main reason of my comment were just describing the unity of the people of the Anatolia. And i cant see why you guys just want to drag this conversations other places.

If the Ottoman Empire was so united, why didn't it just reform by popular acclaim after it was split up?

78053556.jpg

muh melting pot, etc.

Epicrules said:
ancalimon said:
Kul are unifier of different or similar cultures. It's an honorary title in old Turkic culture (kultöre)

"We will take away your freedom but it's okay because now we are unified!"

Everything became better for those people except they lost their right to join army and kill other people because of Sunni religion. Which I think is not really a bad thing. I would even have posed as a nonmuslim. Besides Ottomans gave them more freedom than their previous rulers.

ancalimon said:
Kul are unifier of different or similar cultures. It's an honorary title in old Turkic culture (kultöre)
Hospes fori said:
Look up what kind of people were called kul in the Ottoman Empire.

carrier said:

And dont judge people with their account, for i have other thoughts other than Ottomans or Turkey or bla bla.
I am genuinely unable to understand what you are trying to tell me, carrier.

carrier said:
Btw the main reason of my comment were just describing the unity of the people of the Anatolia. And i cant see why you guys just want to drag this conversations other places.
Mage246 said:
Wow, that's some nice historical revisionism you got going on there.

Mage246 said:
If the Ottoman Empire was so united, why didn't it just reform by popular acclaim after it was split up?

Simply, French Revolution.

Most riots started in Ottoman Empire have started after French Revolution. For example Arabs revolt at the very important time of WW1 because Great Britain were guarenteeing their independence. Then France Annexed Syria, how blanket loving of them.

Hospes fori said:
ancalimon said:
Hospes fori said:
Look up what kind of people were called kul in the Ottoman Empire.

carrier said:

I am genuinely unable to understand what you are trying to tell me, carrier.

carrier said:
Mage246 said:
Wow, that's some nice historical revisionism you got going on there.

You better dont understand. For your ego has pass on your thoughts, you simply cant think. Stay that way.

carrier said:
You better dont understand. For your ego has pass on your thoughts, you simply cant think.
You are not slow to judge people, are you?

carrier said:
Stay that way.
How very inconsiderate of you. You could have at least wished me enlightenment or the like in the future.

I forgot about French magical freedom powers making people who were totally happy being second-class citizens suddenly realize that they could be more than that.

by enslaving us for 500 years.

Np, everytime.

debate is swimming in non-sense sea again, Of course the Turks tried to conquer whatever lands they could conquer as all others do. You can blame the Turks, or others, or go back to Africa with all humanity.

Btw non-Turkic origin Turkish people have no problem with Turkic origin Turkish people in Turkey except some racist people, and they are about being destroyed by the kurds  :fruity:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom