Team Deathmatch Tsagaan Castle

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe the worst map ever. A heaven for archers because they can run away non stop because there is so many places to go like rooftops connecting to each other. Worse spawns than the miserable nord village map. Performance is nice but yeah.

Have played this map a few times, overall the aesthetic is nice and the map looks good, however there is way way way too much unused space in the scene. The entire outer portion of the city (the open area) is not ever utilized by anyone in the game, and is just another super long stretch of dirt you have to run through to get into the main section of town where the actual fighting is happening.

Greetings people, thanks for all your feedback. I want to make some comments regarding the feedback arrived so far.

-Since TDM mode is a chaotic one, this map is designed to enhance that chaotic aspect of the mode. Being a "heaven of archers" is one outcome of that idea. However, if archers are overpowered in the map, surely we can find a solution for this. Such as having less highgrounds or having more accesibility to that highgrounds.
-Regarding the unused area and the scale, the map is designed to have 100 players at once. But as I experienced while playing, the map usually has 35-45 players. I believe it is the reason for the offscale feeling. But anyways, we can simply have the exterior area unaccessable, and have a more compact area of battle.

Again, thanks a lot for all those feedback, I appreciate it. And please feel free to make comments or contact me about the map and also the game as a whole.

Until next time!

Greetings people, thanks for all your feedback. I want to make some comments regarding the feedback arrived so far.

-Since TDM mode is a chaotic one, this map is designed to enhance that chaotic aspect of the mode. Being a "heaven of archers" is one outcome of that idea. However, if archers are overpowered in the map, surely we can find a solution for this. Such as having less highgrounds or having more accesibility to that highgrounds.
-Regarding the unused area and the scale, the map is designed to have 100 players at once. But as I experienced while playing, the map usually has 35-45 players. I believe it is the reason for the offscale feeling. But anyways, we can simply have the exterior area unaccessable, and have a more compact area of battle.

Again, thanks a lot for all those feedback, I appreciate it. And please feel free to make comments or contact me about the map and also the game as a whole.

Until next time!
Yes there are so many high grounds archers can get on to and these provide a big line of sight. Because they can see everything, the moment you set foot to stairs they will start shooting at you and when you get close they will just run away, forever, because there are so many alternative ways you can run to and avoid enemies. Also some people tend to camp those narrow entrances(where the spawns are) with braced pikes so any cavalry running through there is dead(they have to because they spawn there), sometimes without even knowing it. Filling the gaps where they can hide would be nice. Thanks for listening to us.

I will take into account your feedback and post the changes here. As a first step, I reduced the area of highgrounds on the part where castle keep stands. I will look into the games and observe if it is still problematic or just enough for archer players.

The pike bracer problem will be solved later. But thanks for the feedback in advance.

I will take into account your feedback and post the changes here. As a first step, I reduced the area of highgrounds on the part where castle keep stands. I will look into the games and observe if it is still problematic or just enough for archer players.

The pike bracer problem will be solved later. But thanks for the feedback in advance.
From what I've noticed in TDM when the players around 50 or less, most of the combat seems to congregate around the bottom-middle section of the map. It's the flattest area with the most room to manoeuvre, and probably the best in terms of seeing incoming cavalry flanks. The archer problem can be quite annoying just because getting up the massive sets of stairs can be super slow and risky.

Overall I like how there's a lot of verticality to the map but it can be a massive pain trying to chase down archers on the walls. Personally I think the pike ambushes are fine as long as there's alternative routes the cavalry can take as it's always a risk going through a chokepoint with no infantry support and in the more open areas cavalry can simply go around you.

Once again I think a lot of the problems come down to the random spawn system, as there's almost nowhere that you can spawn safely without being in the line of fire from a high-positioned archer. It becomes even more problematic when the system tries to spawn you in close to the combat. I'm almost certain pretty much everyone who plays TDM would welcome a better spawn system, but simply plays it as is because of how easy it is to just jump in and out of compared to the other modes. Anyway, I'm sure that's probably not your department but I think it does tie into a lot of the problems with the map.

Personally, I think you could slap a few flags and some siege engines in and this would be a pretty sweet siege map.

Blocking off interesting areas to fight in, with bags of grain, makes the map less fun to play on, the best thing about Tsagaan Castle is all its nooks and crannies, please add more, they made Nord Town boring to fight on by taking out all the nooks and crannies, please don't do the same with Tsagaan.

Why?
whathis.jpg

Because the same people who complain about cavalry in a game called mount and blade whined? God, release private servers already, you can't please everyone and pandering to the lowest common denominator ruins the game for the rest of us, I have asked matches of 40+ how they feel about the changes and they said pretty much what i said above about making maps less interesting. But the majority of people aren't going to take the time to come to the forums and talk about it, especially about things they like, so you are just designing maps around people that want to speak to the manager. We play the same maps over and over, making them more sterile isn't helping from not getting stale, the original was amazing, my favorite map so far in TDM.

Nah you didn't read the posts. All good man, I'll explain it: It was a massive pain in the arse chasing an archer up the stairs across the battlements, down another set of stairs, up a tower, down a tower, along more battlements, for you to finally catch him and he can't even put up a decent fight. Yet if I didn't chase him you can bet his ass would shoot me right as I go to block some drooling 2handed spamming amoebas attack and I would die. So yes, all these stupid easily accessed high ground spots had to be removed for the sake of making a playstyle other than archery fun on this map. Nord Town is already there for that playstyle, the other TDM map caters to cav players, let the inf have one freaking map where we can actually fight in chokepoints and stuff.

I have asked matches of 40+ how they feel about the changes and they said pretty much what i said above about making maps less interesting. But the majority of people aren't going to take the time to come to the forums and talk about it

Maybe you should encourage them to, cause right now I can say I've asked 50+ size matches what they think and they think it's better this way.

Nah you didn't read the posts. All good man, I'll explain it: It was a massive pain in the arse chasing an archer up the stairs across the battlements, down another set of stairs, up a tower, down a tower, along more battlements, for you to finally catch him and he can't even put up a decent fight. Yet if I didn't chase him you can bet his ass would shoot me right as I go to block some drooling 2handed spamming amoebas attack and I would die. So yes, all these stupid easily accessed high ground spots had to be removed for the sake of making a playstyle other than archery fun on this map. Nord Town is already there for that playstyle, the other TDM map caters to cav players, let the inf have one freaking map where we can actually fight in chokepoints and stuff.

Maybe you should encourage them to, cause right now I can say I've asked 50+ size matches what they think and they think it's better this way.
I've always thought Nord Town was the infantry focused map and this one heavily archer focused.

I do agree with getting rid of some of the high-ground areas on this map and Nord town for that matter too. It's simply too much of a hassle to sluggishly climb most stairs in this game, though the verticality and roof-top access can make for some interesting battles.

Hello warriors, thanks for all those info. I will take a look at the scene and fix it immediately. If you have further suggestions, please go ahead and don't hesitate to share your ideas.

Hello warriors, thanks for all those info. I will take a look at the scene and fix it immediately. If you have further suggestions, please go ahead and don't hesitate to share your ideas.
The changes are very welcome, it definitely limits archers now but not at a level it would hurt them hard. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom