Trying to Leave Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm having tons of fun with this mod, it's by far the best SP experience I have ever had. I'm having an issue which is getting quite annoying. I'm a vassal of Brycheiniog which recently had it's only town conquered. I'm trying to leave the faction but I can't find the king anywhere. Reports say he was recently released from captivity yet he is no where to be found. I tried talking another Brycheiniog vassal and he has no idea where the king is either. Is there any way to find out where he is? If not, are there other ways of leaving a faction? I use TML Submod version 1.21.

Ask another noble or lady of your faction for a location and (if you have the cheat option enable) control+T will show everyone on the map.  You can also use Control+Left Mouse click to teleport to a location.

Still can't find him anywhere on the map. The only other noble/lady is in an enemy town so I can't ask her and I doubt she'd know anyways since her husband doesn't know. Do I need to start a new game?

Wait for it. This is quite common for Warband, when someone gets captured, it takes some time for people to know where they are again.
But god knows, you might have run into a bug, though i doubt it.  :wink:

this happen to me too, my faction has no town left spent 200days wondering around to find the King, no hope...  has to conquer a castle then the king and all other lord will come to the castle

Iltedge said:
You can try to take an oath to an other king

Nope, you have to be released from your current oath to make another. Well I suppose I'll be starting a new game.

Since I don't want to start a new thread; Can you marry someone outside of your faction? And if you do, will that person show up at a castle you own?

Yes, they will move to your court.  Regarding the first issue, have you tried taking control of an enemy castle or city and requesting it be given to you?  If it is denied you can revolt and join another faction that way.

Is the faction still around or has it been disbanded?
If it's still around you could always try to recapture the lost cities and castles and see if the lords and the king will show up.

Otherwise I have no clue.

AJStoner said:
Ask another noble or lady of your faction for a location and (if you have the cheat option enable) control+T will show everyone on the map.  You can also use Control+Left Mouse click to teleport to a location.
I think I would use the cheat way to get around it too. Just export your character, go to a minor enemy castle and siege it. (and hope that reinforcements don't show up.) Then when you are in battle use the Ctrl+F4 cheat a lot to get rid of the defenders. Then when you have the castle, just import your character again, so you don't get unholy amounts of experience from cheating.
I think it's ok to cheat to avoid bugs.

Back
Top Bottom