Resolved Trying to donate troops to party in army, results in "Donated Prisoners exceed party capacity" bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.0.1.5325
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: When trying to donate troops to a party in an army I formed, in the party screen that allows you to transfer troops from one party to another, a bug occurs wherein any troops that have been transferred result in a bug where the [Done] button is grayed-out, and mouse-over message of the [Done] button displays "Donated Prisoners exceed party capacity". Where no prisoners have been transferred, only troops.
How to Reproduce:
Create an army.
Defeat an enemy army.
Gain new troops in loot screen that result in an excess troop count i.e. "Troops 300/250".
In map screen, select a party in the army screen, and click "Donate Troops".
In the party screen, move ANY troop(s) from the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen.
Try and click [Done].
Receive an error message, "Donated Prisoners exceed party capacity".
Try and reload save, same message.
Cry a little.
Throw troops away, so my good troops don't desert, and continue campaign a little bit weaker.
(NOTE: This has happened to me twice, the first time I was able to transfer 30 or so troops before I got the bug to occur, but after it occurred it did it with all troops.)
I have also tried reforming the army, with the same issue.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD RX 6900 XT
GPU Driver Version: Latest MESA
CPU: AMD 5950X
RAM: 64GB
Motherboard: ASUS proart x570-creator wifi
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): NVMe 512GB

From what I have seen, if the party you are trying to donate troops to has more prisoners (or troops) than it can handle, you are unable to 'donate' troops or prisoners to them because the game logic doesn't like you 'accepting' anything that is over their max, even if it started that way. If you 'talk' to the companion or party member though and ask to see their troops, instead of 'donating', you can contribute more troops (or prisoners) to them and the game accepts it.

Yep. Still an issue. Btw, my response was in relation to when one of your companions/family has a party in your army. Not sure it workss with unrelated parties as I don't generally donate to them.

Yep. Still an issue. Btw, my response was in relation to when one of your companions/family has a party in your army. Not sure it workss with unrelated parties as I don't generally donate to them.
It also happens with parties within your army that are from other clans. I just liberated an entire garrison from a massive Khuzait army, like 500+ troops on top of my already full party. When trying to divide up the cannon fodder troops I encountered this bug trying to "donate troops to party" of any party within your army, including your clan and AI clans.
I am able to inspect my clan members party through dialogue and distribute troops (though I'm not sure if that's through one of the mods I have). For AI clans the "done" button greys out and says "too many prisoners". I am running version 1.02 though.

We were not able to reproduce the issue. Do you have a save file that we can use which is taken just before the issue happening?
Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Not upset with you particularly, Marda, I realize you are just passing on what you were told. But its silly that no one there plays the game. Its a consistent issue. Take any save file where someone is part of a kingdom. Defeat an enemy party/army where someone else has taken more prisoners than they can handle (this can occur if the party with the prisoners has 90% of their army wounded as well). Try to give them 1 troop using the 'donate troops' method. They won't accept it. As I stated, you can get around it if you give them to clan members by using the 'Let me inspect your troops' method, But if you use the donate troops method it won't let you. I'm not going to send a save file for a problem that is consistent and always happens in this situation, especially when its not a thread I started, but use 90% of the save files that are sent to you (that have the main character part of a kingdom) and you can create this problem.

The bug is still present. (1.1.4)
Today I was quite sad that I couldn't donate the freed enemy prisoners back to my fellow army parties as troops.
The bug is in TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.PartyScreenManager class in the PartyPresentationDoneButtonConditionDelegate implementation. The delegate checks if target party prisoner TotalManCount is bigger than LeftPartyPrisonersSizeLimit. The fact that we did not donated a single prisoner is not taken into account. Isolated, this would be correct programming. But it is not correct because you use the same delegate implementation for troop donation AND prisoner donation and just check both conditions. During troop donation it has to be possible to successfully close (click "Done") the screen despite being above prisoner limit.

How to fix?
Separate the delegate implemention, just split the conditions.
OpenScreenAsDonateTroops should get another delegate implementation than OpenScreenAsDonatePrisoners

Or you check TransferredPrisonersHistory and "activate" the prisoner limit condition only if there are any prisoners transfered at all. Same with troops. If I would fix this bug with a mod I would fix it like this.

Please forward to devs. Hopefully this speeds up the process. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom