Trunk of dreams: Literature, ARR's, player exp.

Users who are viewing this thread

This place is the threshold of dreams

Here you can post your experience in the game, the story of your character, your ARR's, or your ancient Dark Ages story ...

Let us enjoy and share good literature.

----------------

--->I fought in Haethfelth
English and spanish languages: HERE
Portuguese: HERE

It's theYear of our Lord 633.

Again the horns sound in the lands of old Britannia, calling men to war. The forces of the Northern Angles are preparing to face the Britons and their allies now, the Southern Angles.

A heath-covered moor is the chosen battlefield where the ambitions of three kings will collide. Many men of Deira and Bernaccia, Gwynedd and Mierce will spill their blood, mixing equally between brother and enemy. Some will live, to remember having fought in Haethfelth. The rest will be food for the crows and will not come to hear if the bards will sing their names or forget then.

There will be found Eappa, one more among those who have been obliged to exchange farm plow for the spear and pushed to fight in the army of their lord. In the tense wait in the shield wall, Eappa will confront his own despair. And, when the fight starts and shields clash, he will either find the courage to oppose fear, blood, and iron, or perish.

--> Becoming High King of Ireland (reiksmarshal)

--> Oaths of Blood to the Old Gods: The Saga of Einar Sigurdrson (Odins-Fury)

--> AAR: Camlarn the Cambrian (Lectus)

--> The story of Bretwalda Kale (Kale3)

--> Old Gods and New Land: The Tale of Gjomall Sigtryggson.  (DarthTaco)

Nobody has any tales to tell because the game is unplayable in its current state, so give us a game we can play and we will give u the stories. simple.

Happy new year. Also, in the nicest way possible and as suggested by the previous poster; when I'm shown that the dlc is working properly and have had the lacking features restored and implemented, I'll share a story. As it is, I gave up playing days ago. :wink:

Cynric, Lord of Mercia fights an Ancient Nameless Terror!

(for textwall and copious backstory you can read the whole thing, or skip straight to the final battle which is short)

The journey so far:
One upon a time there was a Mercian minor noble by the name of Cynric, he was a devout Christian and a warrior of God, his dearest wish was to unite the English-speaking peoples for Mercia. Despite being of noble birth Cynric had no decent weapons or armour, or the facility to make men follow his warband. He traveled from place to place winning tournaments until it grew tedious and giving generously to the church from his winnings. The occasional renegade would cross his path and be destroyed, by such a process did noble Cynric gain an axe, finally he had a weapon he considered useful in combat.

Cynric was still alone, he had no men but a small measure of reputation. Through shear chance Cynric happened upon some ancient ruins, he explored them and was ambushed by bandits, when he killed the chieftain he felt his pockets grow heavy as if suddenly a heavy piece of Scaled Armour and a named Sword had suddenly placed themselves inside. Cynric was overcome on his own and felt death overtake him... but he was not dead, also he hadn't even been looted, he woke up mysteriously outside the ruins and he still had his new amazing armour and Nad, the greatest sword of all time. The ruins were somehow sealed and impossible to enter after this point.

Things progressed quickly from this point, as no small party of men could overcome Cynric with his new gear, he gained renown swiftly. During those early battles it seemed that Cynric would run into battle and exhaust himself before even the fighting began, that was bloody annoying and Cynric felt that it made zero sense that he had no provision to walk when he was not fighting, how can a man not walk? Why must he always run even in heavy gear? Cynric would later learn the message of his forebears, if he were to focus on far-distant terrain as if he were tracking or aiming a bow, he automatically walks, he could abuse this trick to walk towards his foes and conserve stamina, even though it was bloody awkward and looked terrible and he'd much prefer to simply choose when to walk.

With battle-won renown Cynric swore fealty to the uninteresting King of Mercia, Cynric supposed he should learn this man's name but decided he was unlikely to ever run into him again on campaign or see this man ever do anything interesting for his realm... he has not yet had cause to regret this decision. He won the fief of Lundenham South as his liege was generous, and that land had just been raided by the welsh despite being noone close to the border. Cynric could not help but suppose these lands were raided commonly, and would continue to be raided weekly in this fashion. He was right, and never a penning did he collect from those lands.

At a local feast Cynric sought the lords of Mercia and asked permission to recruit from their lands, cutting a long story short Cynric built a mighty army with his funds by also recruiting from local taverns, and he realized his force could make great slaughter of the Welsh parties he encountered. As he slew Welshmen he grew bolder, selling loot and battle-trophies and slaves to gather riches he grew in power, tempered Nab at a master smith in either Cirrenceaster or Cippanham, one of the two. He collected companions with interesting skills and personalities and names that are incredibly memorable even to this day... er.... one of them was called Beda, i remember that one well because it's a bit like Bede.

At Din Bran Cynric looked to retaliate against the Welsh, he could take their lands and this would make Mercia prosper. However, after he had assailed the walls and taken heavy losses in the process, at the moment that the garrison crumbled a madness awoke in Cynric. He was a goodly Christian and fine man of God and he sought only peace and prosperity for his people as an end-goal, but something in his very blood awoke at that moment, a mad desire to butcher the Welsh dogs who had raided Mercian borders for centuries. He entered a mini-game whereby he could run around butchering defenseless welshmen, and he loved it. The fort lay in ruins, no Mercian flag above it's ramparts, as it seemed sacking a fort somehow meant that the victors did not hold the walls anymore, a mysterious 200 welshmen appeared out of nowhere and garrisoned the walls once-more. Cynric mused after his first siege that if he had not butchered every last person in that fort, somehow 200 men would not have appeared, but by killing them all somehow more men appeared.

Cyrnic continued to fight and in the future conquer Welsh lands and even 2 towns off Gwynned, he became unstoppable on the open field despite playing on what felt like life's hardest settings. He went on minor quests in the north, he slew some vikings who were raiding farmland, to his excitement he looted 3 pieces of impressive armour from them, but mysteriously they disappeared immediately after entering his inventory. He killed some Vikings by a stone row in far northern lands, the cruel bastards were keeping and selling slaves! Cynric thought nothing of the fact that this was an industry he was thoroughly involved in himself. He gave grain to an old Roman at Hadrian's wall and got his son as a follower, however Ciao soon revealed that he was a whiny little ***** and that he was a pagan, so Cynric stripped him of his gear and ousted him from his company.

He explored the Stone Circle of Wales and was struck by how much the scene seemed to resemble Avebury of Mercian-Wessex territory, however such a feature in it's accurate location would have been too close to existing features on the map. Cynric found an old druid practicing human sacrifice! Cyrnic was so disgusted by this behavior when he saw the Welsh pagan druid preparing to kill a Christian Saxon that he felt his sword-hand quiver, his blood boil and his eyes cloud with fury (he had proven a bezerker in battle before), and he said ''Eurgh, go away'' and walked off. Again Cynric found it strange that in a situation where it clearly made sense for him to take military action to free that Saxon prisoner from his fate, that mysteriously he was forced to say something non-committal and leave, God works in mysterious ways.

After speaking to various towns-folk Cynric decided he wanted a boat for basically no reason. The war with Wales was nearly done, their armies broken, much of their land Mercian now, and in the last year or so nobody had declared war on each other so nothing new was happening. Unless you count Northumbria declaring war on Cornwall a war, where neither side does anything. Cynric also mused on how Cornwall was clearly a seperate kingdom, yet it shared the same colour with Gwynned, and when Cyrnic visited their lands they acted as if he was at war with them, even though (and he checked thoroughly) no war existed between Mercia and these people.

The final battle:
After obtaining his boat for no particular reason and talking to townsfolk of varying description, Cyrnic took a course to the east coast of East-Anglia. Strange inspiration took him, and he sailed up and down that stretch of coast several times, until.... WHAT!? A strange thing occurred, his party stopped on the water as if he had been met by a hostile force, yet none was in sight! It cut to a confrontation screen with a peculiar graphical glitch, after declaring he would fight to the end it cut to an immediate victory screen and gave him the option to take the peculiar glitch as prisoner, Cynric deigned not to catch it but let it go. Most unusually after this encounter Cynric noted that the 6th item in his inventory, an ancient nordic helm, had been duplicated to fill all inventory slots, which in this case was a lot!

Though it was against his better judgement, Cynric reloaded to his last save and attempted this maneuver up and down the coast again, this time putting a horse in the 6th slot of his inventory. Lo and behold he encountered the strange graphical thingy again, but this time he did take it prisoner and catch it. He was going to check his inventory to see if the horse had duplicated but his game crashed. When he restarted the game he found every save file had been corrupted. Thus ended the tale of Cyrnic and the Ancient Nameless Terror.

The moral of the story is, if on your travels you ever encounter a creature that matches this likeness, never catch it!
A0SS2tf.png

kingbowie said:
Nobody has any tales to tell because the game is unplayable in its current state, so give us a game we can play and we will give u the stories. simple.

Maybe if you told them why your game isn't launching (by that I mean where it's crashing etc.) they could fix it for you. Besides that lots of people can play.

I am playing as the son of Utstein, who was one of the six survivors of the betrayal by king Asmund who attacked King Half and his Heros. My character is Ivarr Utsteinsson who is now in the process of creating a elite danish/norwegian viking army by recruiting them after defeating thier raider parties. With 150 each Elite Danish vikings, and Northmathr Vikinganir my band of 300 heros will put me on the throne of Ireland one day with Ragnar Shaggy-breeches daughter Ragnhild as my Queen. (I mended the fences with her brother Sigurd)

So far, after the main campaign (siding with the Vikings) I decided to expand into northern Wales from my home in Northumbria.  I founded the Viking kingdom of Bretlandi.  Much as in my early playthroughs in Brytenwalda in 636, I've decided to become King of the Britons - except this time as a foreign, pagan conqueror.  Some nice alternate history potential here, since no Viking presence was established in Wales in real life.  From Gwynedd, I began raiding the coast of Ireland near Munster.  After establishing a nice kingdom, I can create the Kingdom of Bretlandi in Crusader Kings 2 and keep playing as my character in Warband, using the Old Gods expansion and the ruler customizer.  My plan then is to conquer much of Ireland and Wales, and then see how long I can keep going as a pagan.  CK2 and this Warband DLC go together brilliantly.  I think that if the Vikings had carved out a Welsh kingdom, this would have added extra pressure on Alfred, as Vikings coming in from the West (from Wales) and from the East (from East Anglia), and from the north (from Northumbria, obviously) might ultimately have been able to defeat Alfred and cause Wessex to eventually fall.

Well, I am currently Haakon the Unwanted: sacker of monasteries, harasser of monks and stealer of pigs.  :party:. And I royally suck. Nonetheless, I'm find myself loving this game more and more every time I play it, even if some of the missions feel as if they were designed as part of a CIA torture program. Please keep up the good work, Taleworlds.

SomeHairyGuy said:
Well, I am currently Haakon the Unwanted: sacker of monasteries, harasser of monks and stealer of pigs.  :party:. And I royally suck. Nonetheless, I'm find myself loving this game more and more every time I play it, even if some of the missions feel as if they were designed as part of a CIA torture program. Please keep up the good work, Taleworlds.

Hahah, I guess that you are talking about recruit 200 men for Sigurd  :mrgreen:

In fact, not quite yet - I'm thinking of Atli's Cave, which I tried to tackle at below level 10, in a cloth tunic and a phrygian, without the closely-guarded secret of climbing the cliff face and trolling with javelins. The storyline is wonderfully exciting sadly but Haakon keeps getting distracted by all these juicy villages and monasteries and bandits. His current aspiration to to buy myself a big fancy Busse, since his sandbox-campaign counterpart character never managed to afford one and I'm dying to try a coastal assault with 90-or-so archers! (The boat combat is wonderfully satisfying)

Here's my little crappy tale so far, the story of Asleigh Christslayer (full of gross inaccuracies of many kinds) :

She was a melancholic lass who just couldn't take any more.  Her father, a wealthy craftsman bound her to a freeholder who was a friend of his from youth. He had voyaged with Ragnar's Vikings when he was but a lad and growing up she used to listen to his stories intently, especially when he spoke of Lagerta.  So she had no objection to the marriage at first, and was looking forward to becoming mistress of her own household. But it wasn't to be. The man, her "husband" lost his faith in the gods during his time raiding. Unfortunately he found Christ and misogyny in his journeys. He wanted a meek doting wife, who'd be nothing more than his accessory. For the first year, he beat her horribly and she kept silent for her father's sake.  But when he allowed some traveling vagrant, some holy man from the lands of the Angles come and build a shrine to their Christ on her land; well, she just had enough.
She got him drunk and took his sword and drove it into his neck, leaving him to drown in his own bloody hubris. Then she did find the vagrant, praying to his unholy god in the middle of the night. A swift club to the head rendered him unconscious, and when he woke, he screamed as he was nailed to his little shrine like his Christ. But she cared not for the lamentations of weak men, so she gutted him with her seax and let his innards fall out to the ground.  Taking some old dry hay she used it to stoke a fire and burn the little shrine to the ground, as well as her meager home. 
Needless to say her father wasn't pleased and took care of the problem by sending her and her mad mother to some healer in Frissa.
Well when Sven came upon her ship and killed her mother, she had a new mission to guide her. She would become a shield maiden like Lagerta of old and become so fierce that no man would mess with her nor her kin again.  Playing the Jarls in Frissia against each other by serving first one, and then the other, she gained renown and a small but powerful war band.  But she was called to journey again after burnt a monastery to the ground and disobeyed one of the Jarl's orders when she fought against some of Sven's Vikings and slew them to a man.  She fled to East Anglia, where she encountered an old lout of a warrior, and lo she did cleave his neck with her axe and won herself a decent fighting kit. Now she wanders the land looking for Sigurd for he is her adversary's master, and she will demand justice, she will take Sven's life by forcing him to experience the blood eagle.  No men shall question her, and she will show the Danes that she is not just equal, but rather superior to thier warriors. She will drive the Vile Christ from the land and restore the people of  the land to paganism.

Back
Top Bottom