Trunk of dreams: Literature, ARR's, player exp. (Update: Marcus Clodius Ballist)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have screenshots, how do I post them?  I see the "Insert Image" button, but how do I actually upload an image onto the forum?

Well, I usually use Caladria in Darkness, but I haven't installed it yet for Brytenwalda 1.34.  These are the textures that come with Warband and the mod.  The ones that look really sharp probably do from holding the ~ key in third person mode to get a good angle, then pushing SHIFT at the same time (like you do for zooming in as an archer) to get a telephoto lens look.  The scene has a compressed perspective, with the foreground and background compressed together, and the foreground has a lot of texture detail.

I have considered also hooking the game up to my TV (1920x1080 resolution), capturing a screen shot, and then cropping to also get a high detail shot.

Yeah, though not at all religious myself, I've always been intrigued by the Celtic Christians and their role in preserving much of classical civilization during the barbarian onslaught.  I like the idea of a Briton character who played a role in that world of monks living on rocky islands off the coasts of Scotland and Ireland, who himself was also a banished prince of one of the kingdoms of the Old North.  Much of this story can't take place in the game, of course, but I like trying to find a place for my character that fits as much into the known history as possible.  Perhaps after reconquering Elmet for a time, Owain was banished again and took some monks with him to start the Culdee settlements in Iceland  I also like the idea of a ruined friendship with Oswald.  The character is kind of the first knight or holy warrior of the medieval period, before even Charlemagne's paladins.

Cool! :smile:

I myself am from the Highlands and so have an afinity toward Celtic Christianity & Catholisim - though, as you, I am not at all religious.

I may begin my own AAR/Story. However, my idea and concept is almost impossible to convay and get right due to the stupidly awkward history of my country, Scotland :sad:

I love the Brytenwalda mod and have been playing since shortly after it was released. It has been a lot of fun. Especially since I love the Anglo-Saxon/Norse period. My last time playing through the mod I decided I would role-play my way through it. Given my love of the time period I had so much fun doing it. I recently decided to do another play through and after reading many of the stories on this thread I though I too would write down my experiences within the game. Instead of just presenting them as they were written I’ve tried to shape them into the form of a congruent story.

With that in mind I’d like to present the following. The Dark Road.

I don't know what ARR stands for and can't find an explanation, but I'll be making a story/progress report/whatever here:
STORY OF LINN

About an pictish slave born from prisoners taken after the Battle of Raith and newly escaped, set on the "simple" task of personally killing the lord of Alt Clut, Bili ap Neithon.

Oh, basically the same thing I'm doing then. Suspected it was that, though I didn't know what the abbrevation stood for. Very well, thanks for telling me :smile:

Idibil, i have a problem.
I wanted add my Hindefuns story but my mother language is italian.
I can try, but my english will have some mistakes.   

You think there's a place in Dark Ages history also for a half literate "Angle"?  :grin:

Ambrois LeGaillard said:
Idibil, i have a problem.
I wanted add my Hindefuns story but my mother language is italian.
I can try, but my english will have some mistakes.   

You think there's a place in Dark Ages history also for a half literate "Angle"?  :grin:

You can try add in both languages, first english and then italian, important is that everybody can read it  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom