SP - General Truces appear to not be enough, endless war.

Users who are viewing this thread

As a Baron of the Vlandians, I managed to get from a mercenary to the lord of a large strip of territory in 10 in-game years. How? Well, we only managed to get about 2 cumulative years of peace out of 10 total. A strange cycle appears to have been born ever since we broke Battania's back: we fight Battania for a month, in the closing days the council overwhelmingly votes in favor of declaring war on the empire, we peace out Battania and we go on to fight the Western Empire. The war doesn't go as smoothly as it can, Caladog declares war on us, we peace out the Empire and the cicle repeats. The cicle was only broken by the Aserai coming in, with their armies filled with high end troops, which we managed to fight back after a harsh series of battles.

Now, the game probably still needs more peacetime content to make it worth it, but goddamn I'm tired of war. It's not like our regular enemies get back in shape before coming to fight: Battania barely fields tier 2s, Elite Cataphracts are a rare sight confined to major battles, Caladog and GArios both aren't even able to get above 100 men. On our side, Sargot has fallen to 2500 prosperity from 3000 atleast, and has been used so much as a recruitment hub it basically produces nothing but recruits. It appears that, since their lands aren't being constantly destroyed, the Vlandian Lords from the interior are always eager for war, while us border bumpkins just have to suck it up.

I propose some kind of PDX style "war weariness" meter, or at the very least for the AI to consider for how long they've been at war in their calculations

As a Baron of the Vlandians, I managed to get from a mercenary to the lord of a large strip of territory in 10 in-game years. How? Well, we only managed to get about 2 cumulative years of peace out of 10 total. A strange cycle appears to have been born ever since we broke Battania's back: we fight Battania for a month, in the closing days the council overwhelmingly votes in favor of declaring war on the empire, we peace out Battania and we go on to fight the Western Empire. The war doesn't go as smoothly as it can, Caladog declares war on us, we peace out the Empire and the cicle repeats. The cicle was only broken by the Aserai coming in, with their armies filled with high end troops, which we managed to fight back after a harsh series of battles.

Now, the game probably still needs more peacetime content to make it worth it, but goddamn I'm tired of war. It's not like our regular enemies get back in shape before coming to fight: Battania barely fields tier 2s, Elite Cataphracts are a rare sight confined to major battles, Caladog and GArios both aren't even able to get above 100 men. On our side, Sargot has fallen to 2500 prosperity from 3000 atleast, and has been used so much as a recruitment hub it basically produces nothing but recruits. It appears that, since their lands aren't being constantly destroyed, the Vlandian Lords from the interior are always eager for war, while us border bumpkins just have to suck it up.

I propose some kind of PDX style "war weariness" meter, or at the very least for the AI to consider for how long they've been at war in their calculations
+1

Fully agree!

Either a hardcoded one year truce or a much better declare war logic.

A suggestion on the second could be for AI to not initiate a vote for war unless they fill up the desired wage of soldiers(IE has as good parties as they can afford) and have this be the slightly biggest variable for whether to support a war declarastion or not. They should never Abstain warcalls they are against if they can afford at least the cheapest pitch-in.

I disagree, I quickly get bored when there is peace.
You are right, I believe any such changes should come with revamped social life and other peacetime activities. However, the point still stands: it makes no sense to constantly throw oneself in war if you can see parts of your realm being heavily worn out.

Absolutely agree, diplomacy at Bannerlord is retarded ... AI declares wars when it is already at war, and it doesn't matter if it wining or not. Warfare is boring. When you have little success is quickly lost. Not even Warband AI has declared wars so foolishly.

I agree. It's pretty silly that you can't really slow play after you took the route of being a vassal. The AI targets the player faction all the time, especially since being chosen the ruler, you'll be fighting all of the factions pretty much all of the time.

In my current playthrough I really tried to play it slow and enjoy all the fief stuff they added, doing the quests and seeing how the prosperity works and all that. But it was just impossible as if I wasn't present at the warzones, the AI just couldn't handle 3-5 wars at the same time.

So I had to start eliminating factions and we're currently down to Battania with 5 towns and Vlandia with about 10 towns and I control the rest. I have 3-4 times the strenght of either of them and I can really cave their faces in when ever I wish. Still, they rather declare wars on me like just a few weeks after the previous. They demand outrageous sums for a peace (which would probably just last for a few weeks anyway) even though they really don't have the muscle to do so.

And this isn't really a problem. Sure, I can conquer all of Calradia, but it's reeeeeallly booooooring to just gather up 2k troops and chain siege everything with the same exact tactic.

So, more peace time content AND MORE ACTUAL PEACE TIME, please.

Back
Top Bottom