SP - General Truce

Users who are viewing this thread

My suggestion is TRUCE system. Kingdoms are declaring war to eachother while they are exhausted and while they did a peace recently, it is out of respect. Bring Truce system, example for like 6 months or 1 year truce. Non will attack to eachothers villagers, caravans, villages and lords. If someone broke the truce they will suffer relation penalty with realm, and lost honor.

Truce system also would help the tribute system in the game.
Example: You're making peace and your kingdom will receive 1800 gold tribute for war expenses. But enemy declares war immedietly after peace declared. They're already defeated, why would a reasonable king declare war against a kingdom which they are already got defeated by? This is not immersive. They are declaring war again too quick after peace, you can't even collect tribute.

Also, I think this would slow down the snowballing issue and solve the endless boring wars in the game, and give lords (including player) time to recruit man, upgrade their troops and strenghten their towns, castles. Every lord in my kingdom fighting with peasants in their party. Most upgraded troops are tier 3, nothing more. Also this mechanic would give time to raided villages to recover.

And last: It would help bankrupt problem.

Last edited:
I very much agree!

And last: It would help bankrupt problem.

Would it? I mean, who affords a peace in Bannerlord? As economy works, war is very profitable for lords. Having peace for a longer time is very bad for the economy. This is likely the biggest problem I have with Bannerlord. Cheap troops and getting too well paid for loot. I can field up to 100 well upgraded soldiers just by snapping Looters and some other bandits I stumble across! The spoils from a lord-party of size 100 can field 150 well upgraded soldiers for a long time!

I very much agree!

Would it? I mean, who affords a peace in Bannerlord? As economy works, war is very profitable for lords. Having peace for a longer time is very bad for the economy. This is likely the biggest problem I have with Bannerlord. Cheap troops and getting too well paid for loot. I can field up to 100 well upgraded soldiers just by snapping Looters and some other bandits I stumble across! The spoils from a lord-party of size 100 can field 150 well upgraded soldiers for a long time!
Yeah, war is profitable I totaly agree with you, I too making profit of it, but fighting with 4 different kingdoms is not good for anyone's pockets.. You can't profit while they are taking your lands.I mean I understand 1 or 2 kingdoms to fight with, but 3? 4? It becomes a lose-lose situation after some time. I mean how can you actually profit from an 3-4 enemy war? All of your villages burned (means there is no soldiers to recruit, less income, no food for castles or towns, and no food for castles or towns means riots, disloyalty) Towns besieged (again no money income and soldiers which towns are big source of your income) and on top of that, Clan leaders in your kingdom are not accepting peace with any of enemy kingdoms (stupitidy of AI, doesn't gets that kingdom is edge of collapse, wants to fight more and more, needs fix) they are voting "no" for peace. That's why I suggested Truce mechanic that's why I tought this mechanic can be profitable.. I'm saying it again you can profit against 1 or 2 kingdoms but you can't against 3-4. Truce's may bring balance to the game.

Also, out of subject: Nonstop declaring war too isn't historically true. You actually need a reason (Casus Bellis) to bring a whole damn country to war lol. This Casus Belli mechanic also wouldn't be too bad. Like EU4 or HOI4

Last edited:
Yeah, war is profitable I totaly agree with you, I too making profit of it, but fighting with 4 different kingdoms is not good for anyone's pockets.. You can't profit while they are taking your lands.I mean I understand 1 or 2 kingdoms to fight with, but 3? 4? It becomes a lose-lose situation after some time. I mean how can you actually profit from an 3-4 enemy war? All of your villages burned (means there is no soldiers to recruit, less income, no food for castles or towns, and no food for castles or towns means riots, disloyalty) Towns besieged (again no money income and soldiers which towns are big source of your income) and on top of that, Clan leaders in your kingdom are not accepting peace with any of enemy kingdoms (stupitidy of AI, doesn't gets that kingdom is edge of collapse, wants to fight more and more, needs fix) they are voting "no" for peace.

No, not profitable. For you :smile: But look at it with the enemies eyes. They look at you like a hungry wolf looks at a defensless sheap.
From them to agree a peace, there should be a mighty tribute to pay. Once they agree, there should be a peace that they should respect it.

Also, out of subject: Nonstop declaring war too isn't historically true. You actually need a reason (Casus Bellis) to bring a whole damn country to war lol. This Casus Belli mechanic also wouldn't be too bad. Like EU4 or HOI4

I don't think we need a PDX inspired CB mecanic. They are quite... fabricated, I can feel, with about 4k steamhours in different PDX games(Not HOI though).

No, not profitable. For you :smile: But look at it with the enemies eyes. They look at you like a hungry wolf looks at a defensless sheap.
From them to agree a peace, there should be a mighty tribute to pay. Once they agree, there should be a peace that they should respect it.
I understand what would enemy want. I'm already willing to pay tributes. But my embecile lords doesn't understands that our kingdom is collapsing, and we need a peace whatever it is the cost. They shouldn't disagree with peace decision if the situation is matter of life&death. 5000 gold tribute? pay it or be destroyed :grin: I played Bannerlord 920 hours and I know how to play it, naturally. But this endless war situation is killing me. And TaleWorlds are not doing anything to prevent it. I was using Diplomacy mod on version 1.4 and mod was preventing agressive war declarations and it had truce mechanic in it. Also mod was letting you to create alliances with other kingdoms, Npc clans was also able to create allience with eachother.. So, it was more satisfying to play the game back then. These kinda things should be in the Native game, not in mods.

Back
Top Bottom