SP Antiquity Troy mod. Download for 1.011

Users who are viewing this thread

i am impressive of items and map.you need also historical help.if you play rtw and troy total war maybe help you.keep walking.

Awesome! :grin: There was Achilles taking troy's beach haha

Cool stuff!

This thread has been a little bit abandoned, but i would like to ask some questions, maybe there is someone there to answer them.

¿Why you never get anything afte battle? I´ve always looted some pitty lance after battle.
¿Is this one an alpha version? Even if the idea and the mod look great, there is still a lot of native stuff
on my humble opinion, there are too many mounted units, classical greece armies havent that kind of cavalry. Some few, heavy and very expensive chrariots would be great.

il Condottieri said:
This thread has been a little bit abandoned, but i would like to ask some questions, maybe there is someone there to answer them.

¿Why you never get anything afte battle? I´ve always looted some pitty lance after battle.
¿Is this one an alpha version? Even if the idea and the mod look great, there is still a lot of native stuff
on my humble opinion, there are too many mounted units, classical greece armies havent that kind of cavalry. Some few, heavy and very expensive chrariots would be great.
The creators of this mod don't check this thread, but I'll try to answer.

If you get crappy items, then you're fighting crappy people. Raising your looting skill may help. There are chariots in the Wedding Dance, I think, but I don't know how well they work. You can change the number of mounted units in troop editor, if it bothers you that much. Although I don't remember there being that many last time I played.

I played the mod and I am very IMPRESSED!!! What a great work!!

But, unfortunatly, I must note some historical mistakes: 1st) Menelaus was the leader of Spartans, not Aecheans
                                                                                        2nd)Agamemnon was the king of Acheans
                                                                                        3rd)Achilles wasn't a vassal. He fought with Greeks for Glory
                                                                                        4th)Some of the islands are in wrong Factions (I don't remember their names now :lol:).

Except these things, it really is a great mod. Good job!

When I try to start the mod, I get the RGL Error:
Unable to open file: Modules/Troy/sail.brf

Am I doing something wrong?

It happened to me in another mod... It turned out that something wrong happened during the download :lol:.
I have two possible solutions:

Solution number 1: delete your current  file and unzipp the game file again.
                                  If this doesn't work,
Solution number 2:delete your game file again and re-download it, unzipp it and run the game
                                  If this doesn't work too,
Solution number 3: ask someone besides me  :mrgreen:

il Condottieri said:

classical greece armies havent that kind of cavalry. Some few, heavy and very expensive chrariots would be great.
Wrong. Ancient Greek armies, had diferrent style of combat per city or area.
Example: Spartans had only Ifantry, the best Infantry in Greece
                Athen had the best navy and a good Cavalry
                Thebes had a great Cavalry etc.
                On the other side, Trojans used to fight on foot, but they were deadly on horses.

(Of course some even better armies came out trough time, like Macedonians.)

Dark Death said:
il Condottieri said:

classical greece armies havent that kind of cavalry. Some few, heavy and very expensive chrariots would be great.
Wrong. Ancient Greek armies, had diferrent style of combat per city or area.
Example: Spartans had only Ifantry, the best Infantry in Greece
                Athen had the best navy and a good Cavalry
                Thebes had a great Cavalry etc.
                On the other side, Trojans used to fight on foot, but they were deadly on horses.

(Of course some even better armies came out trough time, like Macedonians.)
you do have a point

Back
Top Bottom