Troublesome Theows Quest: Any Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Anthropoid

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I've looked around on the boards for the vanilla equivalent of this quest "Troublesome Bandits" and founda  few threads but nothing that offers any definitive advice on how best to maximize your chances to finish this quest. I find it to be a rather annoying quest overall, especially the version where there are multiple theow parties, which I dont' think I've ever managed to finish. The one with one party I've finished maybe 1/3 of the time. They just seem to disappear and be unfindable, then someone else finishes the quest before time runs out.

I am of course always immediately ready to ride when I accept this quest, and survey the surrounding area immediately after accepting it. Generally they are no where in sight to start. I've tried immediately heading toward the origination city that the Guild Master describes as the place where the trade route came from and have once or twice encountered parties who had spotted the bandits but it really just seems very random.

Are there particular areas where they like to hide?

The multiple bandit group one can be nearly impossible to complete yourself if you're in a populated area.  I believe I've managed to kill 4 groups and still had a couple that were chased away and killed off by others. The other bandit quests can be hit or miss. Sometimes they are nearby, sometimes not. If you can't find them initially, just try to remember to keep asking everyone you see if they've seen them.  I've nearly forgotten about some, only to ask around a long time after getting the quest and had some hits. The good news is I don't believe you get any penalties if another party finishes them off, just no reward either.

It is annoying. I've tried this to some success: Kill several local bandits and the wanted bandits will spawn.
There is a cap in the game on the number of bandit/outlaw groups.
If bandits are at their cap, your bandits won't spawn.
The key is what time do the bandits spawn. I don't know.
I believe it's sometime at night.
At morning, open up the see all cheat and scan the surrounding area. The bandit might have spawned.
Even if the banditry occurred across the island, they usually seem to spawn near the quest origin.
However, if they stayed alive, they will move in any direction and keep going.

Ibidil or Experts: What is the spawn time? What is the bandit spawn point in relation to a spawn point.

Back
Top Bottom