Users who are viewing this thread

Korinski

Recruit
my module_map_icons looks like this:

("town",mcn_no_shadow,"map_town_a", 0.35,0),
  ("newtown",0,"City", 2.0,0),
  ("town_steppe",mcn_no_shadow,"map_town_steppe_a", 0.35,0),

my module_parties looks like this:

("town_18","Narra",  icon_town_steppe|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-22.6, -82),[], 135),
  ("town_19","Modd",  icon_newtown|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(20, -69),[], 135),
#  Aztaq_Castle     
#  Malabadi_Castle
  ("castle_1","Culmarr_Castle",icon_castle_a|pf_castle, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-69.2, 31.3),[],50),

I have tryed this for module_map_icons:

("town",mcn_no_shadow,"map_town_a", 0.35,0),
  ("newtown",0,"mcn_no_shadow", 0.35,0),
  ("town_steppe",mcn_no_shadow,"map_town_steppe_a", 0.35,0),

I have tryed this for module_parties:

("town_18","Narra",  icon_town_steppe|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-22.6, -82),[], 135),
  ("town_19","Modd", icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-1, -1),[], 135),
#  Aztaq_Castle     
#  Malabadi_Castle
  ("castle_1","Culmarr_Castle",icon_castle_a|pf_castle, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-69.2, 31.3),[],50),

Nothing seems to work so far..

You have failed to say what the problem you're having actually is.

("town_19","Modd",  icon_newtown|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(20, -69),[], 135), looks fine.

("newtown",0,"mcn_no_shadow", 0.35,0), is probably what you want if you used an existing town icon as a base for your new icon.  So what's the problem you're having?

Using a new icon shouldn't be a problem at all, as long as you actually have the new icon in your mod.

I added the line:
("town_19","Modd",  icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(20, -69),[], 135),
to my module_parties file, recompiled, and started a new game, and sure enough I could see the town.  Of course, keep in mind there's a lot more to adding a new town than just adding that one line.  There's a lot of setup script in the game_start script that sets up the towns for use.  Do a search for "# Towns:" and look at the many many many lines of code below it.

I added to my module_parties :

("town_19","Modd",  icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(20, -69),[], 135),

started up mount & blade and made a new character and didnt see the town anywhere..

I'm going to assume you are rebuilding your module after adding the line and before loading mount and blade.  Because I can assure you, the only change I made was adding that one line, and there was a new town called Modd down in the Khergit territory up on a hillside.  If it's not showing up for you then you have something wrong with your module system or python install and I can't help you.

I'm not sure why it isn't working, and I'd have to side with Jinnai for many reasons.

Even if you put your town declaration at the bottom of the file, it would still show on the map.  Are you sure you are looking in the right spot?  Try changing the location to 0,0.  It would be just north east of Praven.

i have it added after town 18, do i have to delete all my saved games for it to work? i have been making a new game each time i check but i have one or two saved ones.

I just realized i have mount and blade version 1.011 and im using the 1.010 module program, is this the reason or even a problem?

Also do i have to deleter the conversation.txt every time i modify it then replace it before i load up the game to see my changes?

I also changed the name of Yalen in the module_parties and nothing happened when i saved and replaced the conversation text then loaded it up and started a new game.

Korinski said:
i have it added after town 18, do i have to delete all my saved games for it to work? i have been making a new game each time i check but i have one or two saved ones.

I just realized i have mount and blade version 1.011 and im using the 1.010 module program, is this the reason or even a problem?

Also do i have to deleter the conversation.txt every time i modify it then replace it before i load up the game to see my changes?

Nope, nope and more nope.

You don't have to delete the savegames but they probably won't work properly anymore.

1.010 and 1.011 are very similar, the module system is the same for both (1.010)

You don't have to delete any of the txt files, python will overwrite them when it compiles.

In module_parties changing:

("town_15","Yalen",  icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-64.1, 16.5),[], 135),

To:

("town_15","Galen",  icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-64.1, 16.5),[], 135),

it didnt change anything for me, shouldn't it have changed the name by one letter on my game?

This is getting odd.  Have you seen any changes that you have made?  If not, you may not be starting the same mod that you are working on.  In the first section of the tutorial, it talks about setting up python, your new mod folder and editting module_info.py to point to the new mod folder:

export_dir = "C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade/Modules/MyMod/"

The direction of the slashes are important.

When you start M&B, you need to select the mod itself.  I'm about to post the update to the tutorial, and it also shows you how to change the picture for your mod from the mod selection screen, another way to know you are in the right mod.

The reason I am going to the basics here, is cause it looks like you are missing a step somewhere...

basics are good, im new. also I am using mount and blade through steam:

export_dir = "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mount and blade\Modules\Corey"

I notice me slashes are backwards which i will change, but does the spaces in "mount and blade" affect it either?

Korinski said:
basics are good, im new. also I am using mount and blade through steam:

export_dir = "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mount and blade\Modules\Corey"

I notice me slashes are backwards which i will change, but does the spaces in "mount and blade" affect it either?

The slashes are definitely a problem, though if your M&B folder has spaces in it, that should be fine.  This could be why you can't see any changes.

I changed it too:

export_dir = "C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/mount and blade/Modules/Corey"

my minor changes were still in my module_parties folder and it still compiled no problem, I
made a new game but Yalen was still Yalen and no Modd city.. :sad: maybe try reinstalling? I have
windows vista and im using python 2.6

one thing i just noticed is under my environmental variables it shows:
C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Python26

but when i click to edit it in the bar highlighted it shows this:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Python26

I dont think thats relevent, but I tryed copying the native folder again and changed the module_info to match the new folder.
(not sure but does it automatically load up all the changes into the folder?) anyways I started a new game in M&B with this new folder
as my mod and still no changes.

Also how do i make my module program go back to default? I copied native folder again and changed the module_info but all my changes are still there (although they are not taking effect in the game.)

Vista?  ah.. quite the bastard...  I heard of issues with Vista.  You may need to install M&B again.

Don't install it in program files as vista get's pissed if thing are changing in there.  (so I hear, I stay away from vista).

Not sure where a good install directory would be, don't know how much vista complains about stuff installed on c:\

Maybe make the path something like:

C:\games\Mount&Blade\

Korinski said:
I changed it too:

export_dir = "C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/mount and blade/Modules/Corey"

Like jik said and I've been advocating for a while, if you're using Vista and modding, install MnB outside of the program files dir since there's all this administrator crap in there.

Second, your path is still wrong. You need the trailing forward slash, i.e. "/Corey/" otherwise python will put the files in the Modules directory and append 'Corey' to the name, so it will come out as Coreytroops.txt and it obviously won't work.

Simple test is the best, like you did with the name change. If that doesn't show up, the files aren't getting overwritten, simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom