Trouble with village AI MESH

Users who are viewing this thread

DanTheMan07

Recruit
Hi, I am currently having trouble with AI mesh in a village scene. I have created a custom scene, placed objects (props), as well as mapped out the AI mesh. I have placed entry points for the village walkers in various positions inside the AI mesh grids but the villagers still scatter and walk all around the map completely ignoring the AI mesh I have placed. Can someone please assist me with this? :smile:

Place Entry Points 30-40 on the terrain and make sure the scene is loaded in the correct mission (such as visit to the village). If you are sure your AI Mesh has been placed correctly on the ground (not too huge/ too steep faces all over the place), reload the game and enter the scene again to test it. You may back it (the .sco file) up and then auto-generate the AI Mesh again with its faces tied to terrain polygons in order to see the results. No matter what you are going to do, remember about adjusting the AI Mesh so that it does not overlap with solid objects.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi thank you for the replies :smile:

I will send a few screenshots soon with regards to my issue, I would like to mention that I am working on scenes for someone else's mod, specifically for the Sparta mod.

I have already created a town center scene with the AI mesh and it worked perfectly, however after creating my first village scene I noticed the AI was not responding to the AI mesh that I placed down. Something I noticed when I first loaded up the fresh village scene file (when there are no entry points/AI mesh placed yet) the villagers instantly started wondering off towards the map edge, whereas that did not happen to me when starting a fresh town center scene. On the fresh town center scene (with no entry points/AI mesh placed yet) when starting that one up, all the villagers remained active in one position, and then only once I placed the entry points on the mesh, did they move around and obey the mesh.
Not sure if this will help in solving the issue perhaps?

Another thing I noticed whilst studying the other village scene files in the Sparta mod, is that the village walker entry points start at 32-39 and are missing 30,31 & 40?

Upvote 0
Here are some screenshots explaining:

N1dG7.jpg

qExvD.jpg

v6QgA.jpg

PvVtU.jpg

IVo4w.jpg

Upvote 0
Another thing I noticed whilst studying the other village scene files in the Sparta mod, is that the village walker entry points start at 32-39 and are missing 30,31 & 40?
Maybe it has a different configuration scripting-wise, therefore it is not like Native. Visit some other village scenes to see how they work with respect to AI Mesh. Try to replicate their layout and observe how many Entry Points are there.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom