Code:
## Example:
## update -mod input.ini -id 293029621 -changes qqqaa
## publish -mod input.ini -icon TESTMOD.png

## Commands
## printPublishedFiles
## printTags
## printExtensions
## update -mod <newmodfile.ini> -id <published_id> -icon <preview.png> -changes <change description>
## publish -mod <newmodfile.ini> -icon <preview.png>

## change description doesnt work for now,
## upload percentage doesnt work

## The title which is shown in steam workshop interface
module_title = Viking Conquest_Free Love v.0003

## The folder name of your module 
file_module_name = Viking Conquest_Free Love v.0003

## The tags of your module  
tags = Gameplay, Sound

## The description of your module
description = describe the mod

## Can be public, private, friends only 
## First publish is always private. On update you can change visibility
visibility = friends only

I think this is an area where we will need assistance from the VC developers.

Months ago I posted in the dedicated thread for steam workshop uploading support (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,307509.msg8991715.html#msg8991715 ):

Tingyun said:
I am trying to upload a mod for Viking Conquest to the Steam Workshop.

I have placed the modified text files for my mod into a folder, created the ini, and made the preview image, all according to directions. However, I get this message:

Item created. Item ID is ______
Uploading workship item..
The item update is processing configuration data
The item update is reading and processing content files
Uploading item failed!

I imagine this happens because the files I am uploading are not a complete mod, but rather files to be dropped into the Viking Conquest folder? But I can't distribute the full viking conquest files obviously, as it is a paid dlc.

So is there some way to fix the error and upload this to the workshop? I see there are a couple of NW dlc required mods on the workshop, but I haven't been able to figure out how they managed it.

Thanks for any advice!

But I never received a reply. I think there may be some unique issues with how DLC mods like VC work with the workshop uploading.

My error message was different from OP, but hopefully the VC devs can look into the issue of workshop uploading—I’d love to post my mod to Steam as well.

Tingyun said:
I think this is an area where we will need assistance from the VC developers.

Months ago I posted in the dedicated thread for steam workshop uploading support (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,307509.msg8991715.html#msg8991715 ):

Tingyun said:
I am trying to upload a mod for Viking Conquest to the Steam Workshop.

I have placed the modified text files for my mod into a folder, created the ini, and made the preview image, all according to directions. However, I get this message:

Item created. Item ID is ______
Uploading workship item..
The item update is processing configuration data
The item update is reading and processing content files
Uploading item failed!

I imagine this happens because the files I am uploading are not a complete mod, but rather files to be dropped into the Viking Conquest folder? But I can't distribute the full viking conquest files obviously, as it is a paid dlc.

So is there some way to fix the error and upload this to the workshop? I see there are a couple of NW dlc required mods on the workshop, but I haven't been able to figure out how they managed it.

Thanks for any advice!

But I never received a reply. I think there may be some unique issues with how DLC mods like VC work with the workshop uploading.

My error message was different from OP, but hopefully the VC devs can look into the issue of workshop uploading—I’d love to post my mod to Steam as well.

Yes, this was my reasoning for posting in the VC forums. I've looked all over here for a solution to this problem, but my results keep getting mixed in with results for Warband that may not apply because my mod is specifically for Viking Conquest.

Yah, I think something changed in the workshop uploading that created trouble for DLC mods. There are some older mods uploaded years ago, but I’m not sure it is possible anymore (at least, doesn’t seem possible by following the standard steps for uploading a Warband Mod).

Hopefully the VC devs can offer some help.

Tingyun said:
Hopefully the VC devs can offer some help.

uploading a module works the same for DLC or Native-base, because they are the same thingy essentially. However VC devs are not responsible for Steam or GoG or TW website, it is the publisher (TW itself) that handles that IIRC.

in that case you may want to try the Forge and/or Warband support to see if there is any special flag missing on the upload process.

kalarhan said:
uploading a module works the same for DLC or Native-base, because they are the same thingy essentially.

I'm not sure why the warband directions don't work--maybe part of the difference is that a mod for warband is more of a complete module, while a mod for VC is generally only the altered files? Or maybe something about the DLC being required?

kalarhan said:
However VC devs are not responsible for Steam or GoG or TW website, it is the publisher (TW itself) that handles that IIRC. in that case you may want to try the Forge and/or Warband support to see if there is any special flag missing on the upload process.

I am sure you are right, but I couldn't get a response from the official steam workshop support thread linked above.

Pietiarna, it might be worth you reposting your report in the same thread I linked, maybe both of our requests back-to-back might get some more traction?

But I am really hoping the VC devs can help us with this--perhaps even just by asking TW to look into it. Steam workshop is so great for getting mods out to users.

That's understandable, thanks CeltiberoCaesar. I know it's not your problem to fix--it's just harder for individual players to get Taleworlds to pay attention to our reports.

Pietiarna, can you repost your report at the steam workshop support here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,307509.msg8991715.html#msg8991715 My report is still the most recent post in that thread, so maybe with back-to-back VC related requests, we might have a slightly better chance of help. 

Also, if anyone can think of any better or additional ways of trying to get Taleworld's attention to this issue?

Back
Top Bottom