Trouble understanding workshops

Users who are viewing this thread

Allright, I got two workshops running in NW parts of Calradia. Prosperous (4000+) towns. This area is known for hides and mines. I opened a tannery and it was absolute ****e in regards of income (nothing to a few coins). Changed it into a silversmith studio and it nets me around 40-60 gold each day. That is allright, there are mines in the vincinity. However I wondered if I could push income by starting to produce rare products as velvet (for the area) and it nets me nothing to a few coins. Wtf? So a lot of hide supply, into tannery is garbage. Producing rare products in high demand is garbage. I dont understand what to do with the workshops? How can I learn and understand whats the best for the business related to which province you are in?

Yeah man I don’t get it either. I have heard some people make thousands off of workshops while others make less than 100. Workshops cost around 15,000 denar so it would take months upon months in game in order to simply break even. I feel like the only way to earn stable income in game to support expenses is to make caravans but I prefer not to do that because I lose my companions.

Actually if the workshop costs 15k for the asset and you can resell for 12k you only need to cover the 3k deficit to breakeven.

Pretty cheap investment.

I read somewhere they have a long term capital investment value too where you can sell the shop at higher prices. Yet to verify myself though. Cool realistic mechanism if so.

Also back to topic, I think its too do with the trade tab, the price of current raw materials Vs price if end product.

Maybe building caravan in same town will facility the supply of the local raw materials

I heard that wood working workshop was profitable, but have heard of people who only made 100 or so from that as well. Honestly I think the economy should be a lot "bigger" in that the player (and AI caravans) cannot influence prices that much.

Yeah man I don’t get it either. I have heard some people make thousands off of workshops while others make less than 100. Workshops cost around 15,000 denar so it would take months upon months in game in order to simply break even. I feel like the only way to earn stable income in game to support expenses is to make caravans but I prefer not to do that because I lose my companions.

There was a bug early on for the massive earnings, current patches force it below a max of 200 per day which is good for paying the troops for a long time.

I had fluctuating success as well. The best workshop so far was a pottery one, incidently from a town where I found buying pottery for trade was esspecially good.

I think it is as said a supply and demand thing. I also had a smithy which had very cheap iron ore and that did very well as well. Stuff like silversmith and velvet may have trouble as the raw resources themselves are rare.

Well making 100 or 200 from workshops is quite profitable since in 16 days you will start making Profit, if you compare it to wb it was like 400 to 1000 every 7 days if you didnt provide raw goods

maybe also worth experimenting with caravans and using the same workshops nearby to see its effect on supply chain. i assume if i build another pottery workshop in a nearby town the profits should shrink due to excess supply and also extra competition buying clay driving up the price

Back
Top Bottom