Trouble marrying off family

Users who are viewing this thread

Some Rando

Regular
1.6.0 I'm trying to find wives for my sons and nephews (4 popped up of age almost simultaneously), they offer somwaeone as a wife but my only option is "Hmm.. That might not work out." A rare few give me the option to accept, but those are old ladies so I don't want them (the game shouldn't be offering them first anyways, they already had kids and a husband who died off). I tried bribing a few to raise relations higher but that didn't help. I'm very rich, so it's not that I can't afford the marriage price. Any idea what the problem is?

Mostly unrelated, but funny... In a previous play through on an earlier beta, the Kuzaits kept offering my brother guys to marry. Guess either my brother or the Kuzait suitor in question is gay?

1.6.0 I'm trying to find wives for my sons and nephews (4 popped up of age almost simultaneously), they offer somwaeone as a wife but my only option is "Hmm.. That might not work out." A rare few give me the option to accept, but those are old ladies so I don't want them (the game shouldn't be offering them first anyways, they already had kids and a husband who died off). I tried bribing a few to raise relations higher but that didn't help. I'm very rich, so it's not that I can't afford the marriage price. Any idea what the problem is?
It is a bug.

I can get the agreement dialog to appear for my sister but not the second generation characters.

Not being able to pick the suitor/maiden in question is an oversight though, so I didn't bug report it.

Update: I sacrificed a nephew to marry the one old lady offered so I could get to the younger wives behind her on line. That worked except now none of them are in the city it says they're in. Thinking of just starting a new game if my clan is going to die out like that.

Update: I sacrificed a nephew to marry the one old lady offered so I could get to the younger wives behind her on line. That worked except now none of them are in the city it says they're in. Thinking of just starting a new game if my clan is going to die out like that.
If it says they are running from captors or something like that in their status on the clan screen, ignore it. That is just fluff. They are on cooldown after having their party disbanded. They'll pop up somewhere.

But if they keep bouncing around, you just have to have the good luck to catch them somewhere before they leave.

It listed them being in my city. I traveled there and didn't see them in the keep (or the tavern, not that they should be). Waited time, not there but still listed as there. Left and came back, not there. Saved game, closed to menu and reloaded, not there. I had a companion disappear like that once in an earlier version, ended up just kicking them from the clan and getting a new one, can't do that with the wives.

There are various bugs like that. First, once you get someone to marry you or a family member they move to whatever town. It seems somewhat random. Once I had them move to the place my younger brother/sister were. Another time they literally moved the full length of Caladria. Sometimes I think they just want one last fling before being tied down to marriage. If they are just moving, you can wait until they are done. The other thing you can do is if you are going to pick them up, check where they are at each town you stop in on the way.

The other thing I've run into with 1.6.0 is when it says they are there and they aren't. Yesterday I got Farzana to agree to marry me. I had to talk to Unqid to finalize it. He was in Sanala. I went there. He wasn't in the lords hall. I checked and it still said he was there, although he didn't fight in the tourney either. I left Sanala & came back. It still said he was there, but I still couldn't find him. I saved/closed the game and restarted. It now said he was in Qasira. I went to Qasira. He wasn't there. It said he was in Sanala again. I went to Sanala, he wasn't there even though it said he was. I exited Sanala and re-entered. Finally he was there and I completed the thing. Sounds like a lot of work and it was, but it actually only took about 15 minutes. Main thing was just the frustration.

It listed them being in my city. I traveled there and didn't see them in the keep
You can't access them until it says they're "Staying". When it says "Holding" this thier cooldown state that @Apocal described. It takes several days usually before they are "Staying" and can be accessed, however there do seem to be bugs where it takes longer sometimes.
This happens whenever a party leading NPC is removed from the party, it may perhaps happen to other NPC to, but typically a NPC not leading a party becomes immediately "Staying" and can be taken into party or what not.

Hmm, so they all might eventually show up is what I'm hearing. I checked the encyclopedia, not the party tab, so not sure if it said holding or staying. I saved that game and started a sandbox, so I may go back and screw with is unless the sandbox campaign seems to be turning out to be more fun. Thanks for the answers.

In order to get to the spouse you want. Just accept the offer. Then reject it on the trading screen. Talk to the lord again. He present you another daughter! Worked for me.

In order to get to the spouse you want. Just accept the offer. Then reject it on the trading screen. Talk to the lord again. He present you another daughter! Worked for me.
sorry to bump this old thread but it doesnt seem to work for me? I want the second oldest daughter for my brother but hes offering an old widow instead. Id like to avoid his firstborn daughter as a marriage candidate as well but Ive tried cancelling the trade but he just keeps offering her up regardless. Odd beause when I matched my older brother with Arwa the second i rejected the proposal the option was no longer available for him anymore, only my sister marrying into their clan. But now, when i need it to, that doesnt seem to happen....

Back
Top Bottom