Troops unhappy with army composition...sometimes...

Users who are viewing this thread

stuka80

Recruit
Hi, just started playing this mod a few days ago and its pretty nice :smile:

I have a wierd issue though, i understand that mixing different religious troops will cause unhappiness but i noticed that they are only unhappy when i choose to play without the lance feature. No matter if i have 1 muslim soldier and everybody else christian or vice versa they wont like it. However when i play with the lance option, no matter what kind of mix my army is made of, christian, muslim, pagan, latin, mongols, greek, rus, etc. The soldiers dont complain about the composition. things just go along as normal.

Is this suppose to be intended? I personally dont like the lance feature because it doesn't really let me customize my army to the extent that i want. For example, if i want to have an all cavalry army i'd have to hire the lance and disband all non mounted troops and it feels like such a waste. I also dont like how i can't manipulate the garrisons of my holdings. Anyway, i like having a multicultural army and would rather not play with the lance system so if there's a way to play the nonlance version and not have a crippling morale drain, i'd appreciate it! thanks!

why is it that way? i thought it was suppose to be for preference, they're practically making you choose lance unless you wanna keep having to recruit because of all the desertions. anyway thanks for the answer!

by the way, having 10 points in leadership doesn't reduce the morale hit, just tried it out.

stuka80 said:
why is it that way? i thought it was suppose to be for preference, they're practically making you choose lance unless you wanna keep having to recruit because of all the desertions. anyway thanks for the answer!

by the way, having 10 points in leadership doesn't reduce the morale hit, just tried it out.
I think thomas made it that way because he wants people to use the lance system. The 10 points in leadership works in 0.97, but i guess not on 1.03

I'm using version 103 Kill the Peasants.As I increased my Leadership to 10,my troop morale loss went from -8,-7,-3 then -1 at level 9 to zero at level 10.So its still working ,I guess?

Back
Top Bottom