Troops/Heroes will move ahead of the formation depending on their athletics skill

Users who are viewing this thread

Companions and troops that have their athletics higher than 130 will break away from the formation because they move faster.

This is worse in shield wall formation as troops that break away will be isolated from the rest and will die if the player does not set a move location for the infantry to regroup.

Edit:

There is an additional issue with the shield wall formation, when you tell your troops to face a different direction, one of the sides will face away from the enemy while rotating, making them very vulnerable to ranged.

Edit 2:

Apparently this is not a bug... I posted this in the bug section and it has been moved.

Last edited:
Apparently this is not a bug... I posted this in the bug section and it has been moved
Lol I know. I think were gonna be seeing a lot more of this "it's a feature" stuff instead of fixing problems.
They really need to get heavy handed and MAKE the ai do and not do things and stop being stubborn and make whatever changes are needed to get the results.
As it is anything but stationary shooting at enemies has a high failure chance, meaning some idiot rides into 50 infantry or 30 Cav chase 1 guy around the whole fight and miss him every swing....

stupid thing is, units used to move in cohesion prior 1.5.4, but since that build hit beta, we have this problem. which actually makes linebreakers of sturgia dead meat. because they charge ahead, catch an arrow in the knee, and off they go to whiterun.

Companions and troops that have their athletics higher than 130 will break away from the formation because they move faster.

This is worse in shield wall formation as troops that break away will be isolated from the rest and will die if the player does not set a move location for the infantry to regroup.

Edit:

There is an additional issue with the shield wall formation, when you tell your troops to face a different direction, one of the sides will face away from the enemy while rotating, making them very vulnerable to ranged.

Edit 2:

Apparently this is not a bug... I posted this in the bug section and it has been moved.

I’ve had it a number times where infantry face me regardless of face direction.

I even tried Select all / face enemy and my whole Army looked at me.... I slowly turned around expecting enemy units to the rear but no... I then cried inside but just a little!!

Edit: Would be nice to set the infantry run speed ie slow march, fast march, keep in line, full charge (where faster troops will then run all out).

also ai behavior during sieges. hence battering ram and siege towers are more or less useless due to the high possibility of them being destroyed, most of the time i go with wall breach. now friendly troops have this notion to fallback to the breach and attack back, the problem with such behavior is that every time they do that, they got shot in the back. and every time this happens i hear that notification from Red Alert in my head "unit lost, unit lost"...
ai behavior is it now leaves much to be desired.

I will take a look at the code and see if I can come up with a fix for this speed issue and troops facing away while rotating, if I find something I will let you guys know.

also ai behavior during sieges. hence battering ram and siege towers are more or less useless due to the high possibility of them being destroyed, most of the time i go with wall breach. now friendly troops have this notion to fallback to the breach and attack back, the problem with such behavior is that every time they do that, they got shot in the back. and every time this happens i hear that notification from Red Alert in my head "unit lost, unit lost"...
ai behavior is it now leaves much to be desired.

Siege AI is a whole different monster, there is too much to work out, like troops going right past you just to get to a set position, they don't even care that you are clubbing them to death.

They really need to get heavy handed and MAKE the ai do and not do things and stop being stubborn and make whatever changes are needed to get the results.

They did. That's why the AI will let you kill them en masse at the gate and continuously die trying to reset ladders no one is using during a siege.

They did. That's why the AI will let you kill them en masse at the gate and continuously die trying to reset ladders no one is using during a siege.
No not those things! Only the things I , want my troops to do and not do! BTW For some reason I can get a small amount of troops to obey me in siege if a retreat the bulk of them. I don't know if it's a new thing or not. I can hide them in the corner just about 15 guys and they don't try to go to the ladders. They help me find that 1 guy that's always left in the map somewhere.

@MArdA TaleWorlds

8bEyV6w.jpg

Wvo2eYf.jpg

QOChSvX.jpg

AmX83Cj.jpg

Setting formation speed as a multiplier is not going to work, to stay in formation the agent's speed would have to be set using either the minimum speed in the collection of agents or using a median as averages are easily distorted by extreme values.

stupid thing is, units used to move in cohesion prior 1.5.4, but since that build hit beta, we have this problem. which actually makes linebreakers of sturgia dead meat. because they charge ahead, catch an arrow in the knee, and off they go to whiterun.

I removed the speed reduction as a test, if no modifier is applied the difference between athletics levels would have to be greater to cause the same issue.

I really like the idea of tight formations walking while advancing, but broken as it is now, the options would be assigning companions and two handers to another group or edit the code to remove the speed multiplier and revert back to how it was in 1.5.4

Back
Top Bottom