Troops Gain to little XP and it contradicts the game loop of player progression

Is the troop XP count to small and do you think it interupts the gameplay loop for player progressio

• yes, troops relying on kills means the player cannot prgress and it forces you to autoresolve

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • Yes but I autoresolve fixes these issues

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • No Its fine how it is

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Didn't want to have to do this but, bump.

Sadly it still auto-resolve vs looters. The only reason i don't mind it so much is that the loot sell for a decent amount once you get enough. But it still slow. Also the leadership skill levels up so slow even with 5+ points into it, its a joke. Having high moral, leading troops and making clan members lead troops still barely adds any xp to the skill.

Sadly it still auto-resolve vs looters. The only reason i don't mind it so much is that the loot sell for a decent amount once you get enough. But it still slow. Also the leadership skill levels up so slow even with 5+ points into it, its a joke. Having high moral, leading troops and making clan members lead troops still barely adds any xp to the skill.
Yeah like I said im glad they addressed this in 1.1.0 but it still needs lots of work for sure.

Yeah like I said im glad they addressed this in 1.1.0 but it still needs lots of work for sure.
Ye it does, it pains me everytime i lose a tier 5-6 unit because ik the only way they're leveling up is through auto-resolves. I've spent 90% of the game playing man hunter, don't get me wrong is hella fun killing bandits, but when fighting bigger armies losing high tier really hurts.

I noticed steward perks (giving +1 influence to clan leader etc) and the one should be named squires or so which gives +2 party limit if the characters are the party member which is true for me and the named companions but they are not working at the moment. Aside from that,

+1 for this post :grin:
None of the perks that increase your party size are working yet. As of the beta patch.

Ye it does, it pains me everytime i lose a tier 5-6 unit because ik the only way they're leveling up is through auto-resolves. I've spent 90% of the game playing man hunter, don't get me wrong is hella fun killing bandits, but when fighting bigger armies losing high tier really hurts.
it's not even fun killing bandits in my opinion because I have to auto resolve to get any real XP gain. This still needs to be addressed definitely and the recent patch didn't fix it.

It's even worse in the beta build.... Looters provide like 1/10th the experience they used to, so you have to hunt down like 400 looter parties to level up a party of 40 recruits.

Pairing the inability to train troops with the deaths that come with auto-resolving, you're forced to fight every battle against these looters and bandits, just to get some viable units.

I have to disagree. With the beta, I can upgrade my recruits to Legionaries in just a couple of battles against looters. I was wondering whether the XP gain could be lowered by a tiny bit.

Isn't train perk working as [party member] ? So if you have few companions with that perk it would do, but yes... no way for leveling leadership of companions i know

They sould add on passiv " Leadership " an amont of exp for your troop, when you are lvling the caractere, not just give moral bonus :/

Like : Leadership lvl 20
Moral +x
Xp troop per day +x

the biggest issue thats causing the slow leveling outside of auto resolves is that not only does the leader ship perk not give nearly enough xp (or troops take too much) but the xp given is only given to the first troops in a stack instead all of them collectively like warband. If these two things were rectified then it'd be so much better.

the biggest issue thats causing the slow leveling outside of auto resolves is that not only does the leader ship perk not give nearly enough xp (or troops take too much) but the xp given is only given to the first troops in a stack instead all of them collectively like warband. If these two things were rectified then it'd be so much better.

I had suggested in another thread to make the perk given experience based on the leadership level

but that one didn't really get much attention, I am glad people are noticing this. I think the passive training should at least give enough experience to get tier 2 troops in a few days at say 150 to 200 Leadership (I am giving a ballpark here, obviously that would have to be balanced properly).

In the beta I think this is exacerbated by autoresolve not being as effective, so that you actually have to send the troops into battle to see the experience grow. I find the process fairly boring myself (and also unless all your troops are at the same level of strength, higher tier troops will inevitably steal kills from lower level troops. Even more so, ranged troops will be easier to level than melee).

I had suggested in another thread to make the perk given experience based on the leadership level

but that one didn't really get much attention, I am glad people are noticing this. I think the passive training should at least give enough experience to get tier 2 troops in a few days at say 150 to 200 Leadership (I am giving a ballpark here, obviously that would have to be balanced properly).

In the beta I think this is exacerbated by autoresolve not being as effective, so that you actually have to send the troops into battle to see the experience grow. I find the process fairly boring myself (and also unless all your troops are at the same level of strength, higher tier troops will inevitably steal kills from lower level troops. Even more so, ranged troops will be easier to level than melee).

I currently have this problem that leveling up troops is super slow, i own 1 city, i can't form a kingdom because of the mission bug, and my city cant sustain my troops because of the food defict. So i always need to carry my trroops with me which makes leveling up anything super slow. There is much i can do with my 600k + gold once you've got best in slot gear.

Well there is a part of the game, which challenges you but it's also annoying when you level up a unit and it luckily gets killed in battle and then you have to complete that process again.

Back
Top Bottom