Resolved Troops disappear from the party within my army after a successful siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Ragnar420

Recruit
Summary:
Troops disappear from the party within my army after a successful siege. I have images showing the number of troops in the party before the battle, the number of troops lost during the battle, and the number of troops remaining after the battle. These photos show my follower’s party somehow lost half of its units when viewed in the campaign map or inspecting troops, despite losing only several during the battle.

I had high morale in my army, and pillaged the settlement to maintain morale. I checked the garrison and the newly taken castle after the battle, but it was empty. As far as I can tell these units (my highly prized Battanian Fians!) are just disappearing.

This issue makes it impossible for me to use my army to take settlements without major losses. I hope we can be resolved soon, as it seems to be a siege breaking bug.

In the meantime, I would be interested in hearing if there is any workaround I can use, as a player, to take settlements without having my troops disappear.

Thanks!
How to Reproduce:fight a siege battle
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:3080
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:3600x
RAM:16gb
Motherboard:msi
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):SSD Samsung evo

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? Before the fight is prefable.With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I have also encountered the exact same issue.
1. Recruited Wife into my army. She has 165 troops to begin with before the siege.
2. Joined Allied Empire culture to a siege better that they had initiated first.
3. Tried both Join the Fight and Send Armies options.
4. Despite only 3 - 5 losses and with 0 desertion, after the battle, either I moved a couple of distance in world map or opening the UI functions, my Wife's army suddenly roughly halved.
5. I have tried just having 25 troops for my wife's party and after the siege battle 1 troop disappeared, not died nor deserted.
6. I have tried placing all 165 troops in my town garrison and it is safe in there.

Image 1 (The numbers do not add up, it shows 331 on the left red circle while 407 in the right red circle.)
pbj3Dgt.jpg

Image 2 (Right Red circle numbers updated after moving a couple of distance in world map.)
R4VDLJh.jpg

After much blood, sweat and tears. I found the culprit!

mve6fqD.jpg

@MArdA TaleWorlds Please take note of this issue of parties doing whatever they like. Need to code them to be more obedient. :grin:

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? Before the fight is prefable.With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Save file has now been submitted

I have also encountered the exact same issue.
1. Recruited Wife into my army. She has 165 troops to begin with before the siege.
2. Joined Allied Empire culture to a siege better that they had initiated first.
3. Tried both Join the Fight and Send Armies options.
4. Despite only 3 - 5 losses and with 0 desertion, after the battle, either I moved a couple of distance in world map or opening the UI functions, my Wife's army suddenly roughly halved.
5. I have tried just having 25 troops for my wife's party and after the siege battle 1 troop disappeared, not died nor deserted.
6. I have tried placing all 165 troops in my town garrison and it is safe in there.

Image 1 (The numbers do not add up, it shows 331 on the left red circle while 407 in the right red circle.)
pbj3Dgt.jpg

Image 2 (Right Red circle numbers updated after moving a couple of distance in world map.)
R4VDLJh.jpg

After much blood, sweat and tears. I found the culprit!
mve6fqD.jpg

@MArdA TaleWorlds Please take note of this issue of parties doing whatever they like. Need to code them to be more obedient. :grin:
Divine, were you able to recover your troops from the garrison?? For me, it was empty when I viewed the garrison, even though I lost troops

Okay, I submitted the save file.

I was also able to replicate the issue under different conditions, when I joined an Allied AI Army in besieging a major settlement. Interestingly I was able to find a way to help them without losing my troops. If I participate in the main battle (fighting manually) but then withdraw my army instead of fighting the second citadel battle, my troops do not disappear. If I proceed to fight the citadel battle and the settlement changes hands with my army's involvement, however, my troops will disappear.

I should have also mentioned that I had the exact same problem in a different playthrough about one year ago, but my ticket was not resolved due to using mods in that playthrough. My point is this problem seems to always happen in every siege battle I have played.

After reading Divinehatred's above reply, and Googling the problem, it has come to my attention that the parties within my clan are actually donating their troops to the Garrison after Siege battles. This may be a feature and not a bug – if so, it is a feature that everybody seems to hate and it should be removed.

I and other players use our clan parties to dump our highest tier units, because in the game’s current state , troops within clan member’s parties do not receive XP. So the only choice is to put my highest tier troops that do not need XP in my clan member’s parties, but then they dump them! It is obviously frustrating, and makes the game hard to play properly.

I realize that part of the problem is that the game is still in development, so I hope that my suggestion will be taken under consideration and be implemented soon.

Thank you.

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
MArdA, whoever informed you the bug was fixed was mistaken! I recently started a new game after the full release, and this bug is NOT fixed.

In my followers parties, troops disappeared after a siege battle — even though none of them were killed. One of my followers had 67 Battanian Fians immediately before starting the battle, but only 35 after. This is a game breaking bug that has been reported by me in previous posts going back several years now!!!

I am frustrated that this issue was marked as Resolved without anyone testing to see if the problem was fixed. This should have been fixed when the game was still in early access!

As of today this effing issue has not been fixed. It is excruciatingly frustrating to lose troops like this. After a siege my companion parties dump over 40 units each into the garrison, and to make matters worse, I took the town by myself and the Kingdom won't give me the town. This is annoying. Playing on xbox sx.

Back
Top Bottom