Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Doofus

Sergeant
When assaulting a castle or town, if I fall before we break down the front door the troops avoid going in the front door. They will use the battering ram to break down the outer door & will go in & break down the inner door, but after that 95% of the troops will wait in line to use the siege towers or ladders even though the front door is easiest. If I don't fall and tell them to attack they will use the front door & easily win, but, as an example, in the current battle I was hit by a ballista while they were approaching the front door. They knocked down both doors and those at the door fought. Then after they died the new troops avoided using the front door. After the initial troops died. I had an advantage of 200 kills to 120. Now, they have 390 kills to 287. 20 troops stand in line to go up the siege tower while ballistas pick them off, but no one is attacking the front door. I could send a save, but any battle where the commander falls it is the same thing. Because of a random ballista shot, instead of my 1k troops losing about 300 and taking this town defended by 600, I will probably lose this battle.

After losing about 100 more, I retreated and waited until I was at about 50% health. Then I attacked again with about 700 troops to their 400. I sat in the back until the front door went down; told them to attack; and watched the assault, with some participation. I won by losing about 300 to their 400.

This was attack at Tyal, but it is pretty much at any town &, I believe, castle. If you fall before giving the order to attack they avoid the front door (If you tell them to attack before the inner door is down, they move away from it and don't even knock it down. They go up the ladders/siege towers then.)

I attacked Sibir with 1800 troops, with them having 700 defending. I made sure I survived until the doors were down and then signaled 'attack'. I helped with the attack, but eventually was cut down. When I became disabled, we had taken out over 400 of theirs, they had taken out about 100. Then I watched and had to wait about 1/2 hour while my troops basically just used one tower. This is a screen shot of what it looked like watching the one siege tower. You can see the right side of the screen where enemy troops are just waiting in the background for my troops to go to the main entry.

I guess once I go down, even if I have already signalled the attack, they mostly avoid the front door. In this instance I did have troops approach the front door one or two at a time to die meaningless deaths to the 20 or so enemies waiting there, but you can see they just lined up for the one tower. As a note, they didn't use the other siege tower at all even though it was in place. I think that is a problem specific to Sibir itself as I noticed this at least one other time. As a final note, after I went down both sides lost about 300 more troops, even though I outnumbered them 1700 to 300 at the time I fell. They had no siege engines for the battle.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom