Troop Tree's

Users who are viewing this thread

Wei.Xiadi

Knight at Arms
We recieved some names from Lord Corentin, but now i'd like everyone to help chip in with producing some of the troop trees.

So this is where everyone is able to post their ideas, suggestions and names for the troops.  We'll gladly accept and credit everyone for their suggestions and ideas.  :smile:

To see a previous list of names, look in the coders lab for Lord Corentins (sp) list of translations.  Thanks.

Lord Corentin said:
This took me forever... But here goes, without the accents.

Peasant is "tariacin", "jaduu tariacin", "bertegcin", or "tariad," while peasant woman is "tariacin emegtej"
Militia is "sergijlex" or "cagdaa"
Sword I already gave above, although saber can overlap with it, giving words like "selem" and "ild".
Swordsman is "tujalzuur zadcin," apparently
Lance is "zad" or "gilber," and Lancer is "morin cereg"
Heavy on its own is "dinsger" or "baraan," while heavily armed is "xund zer zevsegtej" or "xund zevsgeer zevseglesen," so I think "xund" might work as heavy as well.
Don't think there's a word that translates into calvary, though "morin cereg," "mor’ton," "mor’toj xun," and "aduu sonirxogcid" apparently all mean horseman.
Bow and arrow is "num sum"
Elite can be "ongo," "sor," "sildeg xeseg," or "deedcuul," though I'm not sure which, if any, of those is the adjective form.
Soldier is "bajldagc", "cereg", or "zanzin", and as a bonus soldiers of fortune are "xolsnij cereg," which could be used for some sort of mercenary group.
Veteran is "xuucin" or "urt nastaj" (The adjective form at least)
Axe is "sux" or "aluurcny sux", battle axe is "bajldaany sux", double axe is "xoer taldaa irtej sux", and hand axe is "culuun sux"
Spear is also "zad," while spear-carrier is "zadcin"
Shortsword I couldn't find... but scimitar is "taxir selem" or "maxir selem"

As for the chinese troops, I forgot to mention that "Jing Rui" means elite. Hope all of the above is helpful... Took forever to translate into mongolian and then translate the cyrillic into latin, which may make for some very strange names. Dunno how that works. Might turn out that none of the above works out. If not... Dunno. I tried my best. Let me know what you think.

The midget hamsta has uploaded them to imageshack and slapped them in the coders' lab.  Everyone can view the evilness our hamster has put in his work.

Muchos gracias, amigo.

It's ok if you guys can't understand a word that's in there, I think Wei agreed to release a patch of some sort with translated troop names, which I'll provide at some point. We might put in a 5 month delay and put you through some severe trials to get to that patch though, since it is a historical mod. Immerse yourselves in the languages, kids! Or else...

Yes, translations are ubber sexy.  We totally need them for those who just cant get used to the ubber cool names.

But anyways, I think EVEN I can deal with basic translations.  Besides, it wouldn't be a direct translation otherwise we'd have retarded names, it'd be me looking at the words, figuring out whats what and then changing it so it makes sense in ENGLISH. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom