Troop Trees and auto block

Users who are viewing this thread

so far enjoying Bannerlord, still getting to grips with the combat but as many others have pointed out there is no auto blocking in this, is there any chance of it being added back in? surely it cannot be that difficult or time consuming to do and for someone like me who doesnt have to greatest reaction times in the world it would make the game FAR more enjoyable.

secondly can we expect troop trees to be added to the game and if so when? i would really appreciate being able to see what faction has what units, what their upgrade paths are and what equipment they come with before i commit to using them

Autoblocking could slow the game even further if it is not carefully implemented, so please, STOP WITH THIS.

Grab a shield, learn to play, get a refund but the community does not want taleworlds to spend thousands of hours on the matter.

Autoblocking could slow the game even further if it is not carefully implemented, so please, STOP WITH THIS.

Grab a shield, learn to play, get a refund but the community does not want taleworlds to spend thousands of hours on the matter.

Do you seriously think auto-block implementation takes thousands of hours?

And what do you mean slow it down further if not carefully implemented? Beyond actually programming autoblock, implementation is as simple as another option in the menu. What about that could possibly slow the game down?

I take it by learn to play you mean "learn to play, but only MY way". We are playing.

i should probably mention im only talking about single player in which case i see no reason why it couldnt be implemented for those who want it, you dont want it you dont have to use it but many of us want this it makes the game more fun for us i see no issue with that

Oh, the community doesn't want it? You mean yourself and those who agree with you? Cause so far it's seems like quite a few people are asking for this feature back. And some of us doesn't want to "learn to play" a twitch shooter medieval RPG, we're old after having waited for the game for 10 years and would simply like to keep a simple feature from the old games.

I mean I'm 18, not particularly old, I just don't have great reaction times nor do I want to spend time mastering blocking shenanigans. I just want to play.

We exist across all demographics.

I mean I'm 18, not particularly old, I just don't have great reaction times nor do I want to spend time mastering blocking shenanigans. I just want to play.

We exist across all demographics.
That's fair. Just shows that the simple accessibility this option adds would affect people in all demographics.

Most people that want it back are clearly beginners or they played Warband a little. Learn and improve instead of limiting your gameplay.
I have 570 hours in Warband - not as much as a few of ya with thousands of hours but clearly not "a little".

This isn't counting my hours on console which is in the hundreds surely but not tracked.

Most people that want it back are clearly beginners or they played Warband a little. Learn and improve instead of limiting your gameplay.
Clearly. Definetly don't have hundreds of hours in the game or anything. We're real lucky to have a guy like you on these forums who literally knows how the entire playerbase plays and should play the game.

i've played a lot of warband and have tried both manual and autoblocking and have come to the conclusion i prefer auto i dont see how in a single player experience this would hurt anyone to have the option again if you dont want it you dont need to use it but i could be there for a large portion of people who do want it

i've played a lot of warband and have tried both manual and autoblocking and have come to the conclusion i prefer auto i dont see how in a single player experience this would hurt anyone to have the option again if you dont want it you dont need to use it but i could be there for a large portion of people who do want it
This is the biggest point - it hurts literally nobody to have an option available in singleplayer for this.

This is the biggest point - it hurts literally nobody to have an option available in singleplayer for this.
this is why i dont understand why there are people arguing so fervently against this if we were advocating it for multiplayer i could understand but for the single player? it makes no sense why they wouldnt want the extra option

Back
Top Bottom