Troop Tree?

Users who are viewing this thread

You mean like an image or a diagram? There isn't one, but if you're willing to give me a day or two, I will make one to help you and any other.  :smile:

My pleasure. I think that after I make it, possibly tomorrow, I will modify your first post to post the diagram directly under your question and also sticky the topic, other may find it useful. Thanks!  :smile:

I haven't forgot it, don't worry.  :smile:
I work Monday to Friday from 8-6 and when I get home I have to study for university. I have done the diagram in the paper, just haven't typed it yet. Please, give me some time, as I said, I haven't forgot you.  :smile:

That would be absolutely amazing !
Honestly as much as much as i love learning by tad bits of greek from experimenting with the upgrades (toxotis=bowmen etc  :razz: ), it would be very helpful for planning out a warband with the right ratio of troops.

Well, I started making the troop tree a while ago, and then I dropped it, since I re-made the whole troop trees for all factions, editing them and adding 8-20 new units to each faction. When version 1.06 is release(VERY soon, or at least as soon as my crappy internet allows me to upload the damn file  :razz:) you will get a spread sheet with the old and new units. Close to all the nams are in their respective tongue, so it will be a pain to know what you want to have in your army.

I think Floris (?) had one that had a picture of the troops as they appear in the Party window. From that essentially its easy to recognize what their main attributes are.... swords or single handed spears etc.
On the topic of Floris, for a later release... would it be hard to implement some of their features? Like free roaming deathcam, diplomacy etc?
I'm sure the authors of the smaller mods that add stuff like that, hideouts you can set up etc would want larger mods to utilize that.

Well, about extra features, it's not hard to implement those, but it's difficult in this specific mod. You see, last year I performed a PC upgrade and due to an error I made I have lost my module files. I managed to recover part of them, but nothing substantial and now I am working with both module files and the dreaded text files, which are really difficult to work with and generally are not recommended. But as you will see when I release the changelog and the mod, of course, that I tried and did some new stuff.  :smile:

Any news on that troop tree? I cant understand a single thing on most of the troops xD except my knowledge of Rome 2

Well, I have one for the next version, it isn't much use for 1.05, since all the troops have been changed dramatically.  :smile:
I ask a bit of patience, since the new version is done, now sifis is doing the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom