troop preferences in pre battle window.

Users who are viewing this thread

As many of you know, in the options one can modify the preference in which the troops appear: default, high level, low level and Homogeneous.

It would be nice if the options to change the preferences were directly in the pre-battle window, where you indicate whether to attack or send troops. Because if you're going against raiders you'd rather take the opportunity to raise some troops, but when you're going into a tough battle you might want to use your full power early on. Having to go to options to make these changes is somewhat annoying and I think it could very well be in the window I mentioned.

Also, it would be nice if you could indicate that only a certain level of troops fight, leaving the rest in reserve. Mainly regarding looters, where one could indicate that only your level 1 troops go into battle and that would allow you to level them up faster, since they would not be losing experience because your high level troops steal all kills.

Speaking of preferences, I in particular, and I recommend everyone to try them, I put the Homogeneous option, basically this means that your troops in an army do not have preference in battle, mainly that in a siege you see that only your troops are in combat because your allies only have level 2 or 3 troops. That makes you earn a lot less loot, I assume it will help your allies get money and I think Homogeneous should be the standard option in the game.

As many of you know, in the options one can modify the preference in which the troops appear: default, high level, low level and Homogeneous.

It would be nice if the options to change the preferences were directly in the pre-battle window, where you indicate whether to attack or send troops. Because if you're going against raiders you'd rather take the opportunity to raise some troops, but when you're going into a tough battle you might want to use your full power early on. Having to go to options to make these changes is somewhat annoying and I think it could very well be in the window I mentioned.

Also, it would be nice if you could indicate that only a certain level of troops fight, leaving the rest in reserve. Mainly regarding looters, where one could indicate that only your level 1 troops go into battle and that would allow you to level them up faster, since they would not be losing experience because your high level troops steal all kills.

Speaking of preferences, I in particular, and I recommend everyone to try them, I put the Homogeneous option, basically this means that your troops in an army do not have preference in battle, mainly that in a siege you see that only your troops are in combat because your allies only have level 2 or 3 troops. That makes you earn a lot less loot, I assume it will help your allies get money and I think Homogeneous should be the standard option in the game.
Thank you, I hadn’t the knowledge of that option. Will have a look.

Other point, when you join a huge battle, let us say, you have 200 troops as follow :
50 cav 50 ranged and 100 infantry, and the game gives you, at the start of the battle :
30 cav 50 infantry and 3 ranged, i say rather have 3 more cavs or 3 more infantry cause you won’t do anything with 3 ranged in a battle of that size !!

And also, have the feed back of what the AI does (if you don’t belong to the army you are helping) - the orders that they give during battles, so as to remain in phase with the AI strategy

And also, have the feed back of what the AI does (if you don’t belong to the army you are helping) - the orders that they give during battles, so as to remain in phase with the AI strategy
This would be pretty good. Yesterday I fell in battle where I came in to help, my soldiers stayed in the rear watching how my ally was massacred due to lack of support :iamamoron:
Thank you, I hadn’t the knowledge of that option. Will have a look.
in army battles and homogeneous sieges it is the best, especially if you have high level troops. I don't know how the mechanics work, but it happens to me that I barely have troops in the field, only at the end of the battle if things go wrong. That means that your good troops arrive at the end, with maximum life, ready to claim victory. Never again see your beloved fian champions getting impaled in sieges because the AI decided to use them as the best infantry in battle, ending the battle with 90% ****ty loot at the cost of 20 kills.

This would be pretty good. Yesterday I fell in battle where I came in to help, my soldiers stayed in the rear watching how my ally was massacred due to lack of support :iamamoron:

in army battles and homogeneous sieges it is the best, especially if you have high level troops. I don't know how the mechanics work, but it happens to me that I barely have troops in the field, only at the end of the battle if things go wrong. That means that your good troops arrive at the end, with maximum life, ready to claim victory. Never again see your beloved fian champions getting impaled in sieges because the AI decided to use them as the best infantry in battle, ending the battle with 90% ****ty loot at the cost of 20 kills.
Oh yes, I have tried it !
Superb ! Rather than out of 350 troops, having 200 inf, 1 ranged and 40 cavs (in a multiple parties battle) I have now a far much more well balanced ratio of troops, like 100 inf; 100 rged, 50 cavs, which allows to plan something alone or in coordination with other parties on the battle field !

Back
Top Bottom