Resolved Troop List Bouncing

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: In the troop list if you want to remove or upgrade a troop, the selection results in a bounce of the list to somewhere else requiring using the wheel for almost every modification. Weirdly, sometimes, unpredictably, it works OK.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:None
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Alleluia! Someone else is seeing this!
Believe me, it is disturbing to have the list suddenly jerked up or down. I have never seen this before. Congratulations, TW! You managed to break something that worked a very long time!

Could you capture a video of this issue happening?
I don't have a video, but I did make a mod that stops the bouncing from happening here. It also fixes some other bugs and should explain enough to tell you guys what the problem is. For this one, tell the devs to look at ScrollablePanel.ScrollToChild. Basically the scroll position of the list sometimes isn't set correctly when opening and collapsing the troop item. From my testing the size of the targetWidgetArgument varys wildly depending where on the troop tuple you click. Hope this helps.

This is really tedious. If you have many units to ransom, or you have a long list of units and going to move some to a castle/town. You scroll down the list of units, transfer a few units and then the list bounce back at top, and you have to scroll down again (or up in some cases). Imho the postion of the unit list should remain where you have, not bounce back on top based on you move a unit.

That's a great video representation! I've got it too. Happens when dismissing troops and recruiting/dismissing prisoners as well.

That's a great video representation! I've got it too. Happens when dismissing troops and recruiting/dismissing prisoners as well.

It's particular annoying when you are lugging around a lot of enemy lords that you don't want to ransom. But also have a lot of other units you do want to ransom. The list will bounce like crazy.

Thank you.
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom