Tried Warband for the first time. Why didn't they just do a remastered version instead of Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

So, after a year or so I decided to get a cheap copy of Warband. It is hard if you come from BL. I am trying Floris Evolved and I can see why people were commenting on Warband's features. So, my question is: Why haven't they decided to just remaster what they had instead of adventuring in BL? Why not just a graphics overhaul and some additions such as those that are in Floris and similar?

I do have to say there are many features in Warband that are superior to Bannerlord. I still play Warband from time to time and enjoy it. And I do love Floris, it is my favorite.

You both have poor taste in mods (n):poop:??, but to answer the OP, they wanted to do something different but same and failed ?. The top people responsible for design were motivated to do something better at first, but as years went by, they stopped caring and now they just want the agony to end.
A Floris modder ? is one of their leads, so everything is basically his fault. :iamamoron:

Hopefully they can do a Warband remaster by upscaling from mobile, like Rockstar! ⭐

If you want a real taste of great modules, check out Prophesy of Pendor. There is no other mod out there with as much care and love put into it, in my opinion.

Anyhow, I don't have any definite answer as to why they strayed so far from Warband. I only have assumptions. And my assumption is that they wanted to appeal to a broader audience than just Warband, such as the more casual market. It meant cutting back features that might irate those people, and dumbing down other features that those players mind find "unnecessary" or "too hard".

I have watched VMP show play it and always looked good. I am always someone who finds something I like and just stick with it. But That is something I should do. It is wicked to see with all the tough mobs

So, after a year or so I decided to get a cheap copy of Warband. It is hard if you come from BL. I am trying Floris Evolved and I can see why people were commenting on Warband's features. So, my question is: Why haven't they decided to just remaster what they had instead of adventuring in BL? Why not just a graphics overhaul and some additions such as those that are in Floris and similar?

It's ironic because that's what pretty much everyone was expecting, a better-looking more polished Warband that retained all the things which made it great while adding a handful of new interesting features (or simply taking ideas from the many successful Warband mods). And people were hyped for it! We didn't want a drastic reinvention of the wheel, just a newer better version of Warband.

Instead, we got a precipitous drop-off in gameplay quality and a game drowning in its own overly complicated and convoluted design. Not to mention Bannerlord tries to go in a thousand different directions while not having the heart to fully commit to any one of them.

Rather than a "new Warband experience", we got an "attrition warfare simulator".

Ugh.

Did you discover the emojis recently? ㊗️
We all know that THE overhaul reference for warband is TLD...
Yes, it's a playful way to be silly ?. The Arda guys should make TLD obsolete, if they don't screw up ?? the gameplay and get too ambitious with million ♾️ unneeded factions, so they never finish ⏳.

It's ironic because that's what pretty much everyone was expecting, a better-looking more polished Warband that retained all the things which made it great while adding a handful of new interesting features (or simply taking ideas from the many successful Warband mods). And people were hyped for it! We didn't want a drastic reinvention of the wheel, just a newer better version of Warband.

Instead, we got a precipitous drop-off in gameplay quality and a game drowning in its own overly complicated and convoluted design. Not to mention Bannerlord tries to go in a thousand different directions while not having the heart to fully commit to any one of them.

Rather than a "new Warband experience", we got an "attrition warfare simulator".

Ugh.
Bannerlord core novelties are learning by using skills rather than killing looters to become charming and the family with people growing and dying....so core features were supposed to make the game even with less attrition since raid are supposed to cripple economy while in warband lords are Immortal and get troops for free.
It was badly implemented but bannerlord project on paper wasn't changing too much....It was like Warcraft 1 to 2 rather than 2 to 3 (3 was a game about creeping that you even got penalty if you have a big army)

So, my question is: Why haven't they decided to just remaster what they had instead of adventuring in BL? Why not just a graphics overhaul and some additions such as those that are in Floris and similar?
Because there was a remaster + mod features of sorts in Viking Conquest and most people (at the time) thought it sucked.

Bannerlord is set before warband, so no one has discovered anything yet, due to warband being in the future which also means that the civilisation is more advanced. For example, no books in the game, because no one knows how to read in Bannerlord. Bannerlord is a prehistoric game when compared to warband.

Bannerlord core novelties are learning by using skills rather than killing looters to become charming and the family with people growing and dying....so core features were supposed to make the game even with less attrition since raid are supposed to cripple economy while in warband lords are Immortal and get troops for free.
It was badly implemented but bannerlord project on paper wasn't changing too much....It was like Warcraft 1 to 2 rather than 2 to 3 (3 was a game about creeping that you even got penalty if you have a big army)

At least in Warband the grindy elements could still be enjoyed because the combat mechanics were better optimized and armor>damage calc actually worked. It was simply fun to fight battles and play the game.

In Bannerlord they tried to implement a new leveling system and family dynasty mechanic, but as stated previously the new features are half-baked and don't function properly -leading more often to frustration rather than a smooth and enjoyable gameplay experience.

It needs to be called what it is: when it comes to Bannerlord's development, Taleworlds shot for the moon, but didn't land on the moon or even in the stars, they landed in Detroit.

What I would like, is for someone to remake the original Pacman. But to improve the graphics. Then I'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom