Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

Lusitani 5th Empire

Doesn't look too good does it...
This issue happens more with this specific type of tree; becomes more evident when in contrast with the sky/ color and luminescence difference.
Having more detail just around the tree edges should fix it.
In general, lods needs to be polished on all assets, having someone do an inspection to improve quality and MAINTAIN the same quality all around, performance would also go up if the polygon count can be reduced and optimized on some situations.
If someone does check this out, identifying and reducing popping lods is appreciated for different rendering distances.
One more thing - (generally) mountains in the background have too little detail imo.

jjdzcYa.jpg

DYTBhIX.jpg

Hello, unfortunately, we can not offer support for the modded games. Please let us know if you can reproduce the issue on a new campaign after manually removing the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files.

This issue is present in all versions of non modded games and is easily reproducible. You can send this directly to one of the developers, they will immediately know what I'm talking about. Thanks you.

Hello, i have forwarded the issue to the QA team. Thank you for reporting it in and for your time.
@Lusitani 5th Empire The devs already know this. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/level-of-details.435908/#post-9599793 you can check this thread (the bug reporter was a Turk so after some time he continued in Turkish language, you can translate it I guess) They improved LOD in 1.5.6, it was much worse before. I think you can say, "it's still not good enough"

Doesn't look too good does it...
This issue happens more with this specific type of tree; becomes more evident when in contrast with the sky/ color and luminescence difference.
Having more detail just around the tree edges should fix it.
In general, lods needs to be polished on all assets, having someone do an inspection to improve quality and MAINTAIN the same quality all around, performance would also go up if the polygon count can be reduced and optimized on some situations.
If someone does check this out, identifying and reducing popping lods is appreciated for different rendering distances.
One more thing - (generally) mountains in the background have too little detail imo.

jjdzcYa.jpg

DYTBhIX.jpg
When i watch the video, i exaclty stucked at this second image's moment. Trees there, lookin ugly. Even i see environment a bit better with 1.5.6, i can clearly say we need more for Max settings.

I dont want good results at gaming endustry's 4K dlss race.. I do want to see good trees at 1K maxed settings. 4K users can use current tree forms(lods) btw, if they want.

It looks like this issue was addressed to some degree, still... some trees have a significant and noticeble lower quality LOD (I think this is the correct term), so i'm guessing performance isn't an excuse here. When you have the time plz make sure the quality stays up and equal across all assets.

Back
Top Bottom