Traveling salesman problem

Users who are viewing this thread

hitman47ful

Recruit
This term in college i started learning optimization, one of the basic problems we have been taught is the travelling salesman problem in which a merchant starting at a point A wants to visit a certain N number of cities to sell its goods in the less amount of time, being this said knowing how trade can be a pain in the ass to level up due to the grind or character builds i tought i could use the code i made for a homework assignment and toy with the cities in calradia to check some cool routes, however in order to test this i would need to see whats the distance from one city to all the other cities which being done manually could take me too much time, so i was wondering if there was some sort of grid map that has the coordinates of all the cities on the map and some sort of scale for distance between them so i could run some numbers in my code.

Do you like watching people do useless stuff? lmao
He's not doing it for me, he's doing it for himself. If it's a valid example for his homework, good for him. You sure seem to be super worried about what other people do with their free time, so unless you're his teacher, why are you watching him do stuff?

Apparently you've never worked for a big company. :iamamoron:
I did and while some undertakings may seem useless, there was at least some kind of justification that whatever you do helps somehow, someone, somewhere.
I also know the mindset of young programmers who like to do stuff for the sake of it and would try to justify it as a valid way of spending company time. I've seen projects going under because the engineers took over.
It's the way of thinking that's wrong here. While a random contrarian bystander would say "lol he should do what he wants even if it's stupid", because he's standing with the oppressed, I try to be constructive and steer that effort into a more productive direction that helps at least some players. This could be both fun for the programmer AND not stupid, a great combination!

I did and while some undertakings may seem useless, there was at least some kind of justification that whatever you do helps somehow, someone, somewhere.
I also know the mindset of young programmers who like to do stuff for the sake of it and would try to justify it as a valid way of spending company time. I've seen projects going under because the engineers took over.
It's the way of thinking that's wrong here. While a random contrarian bystander would say "lol he should do what he wants even if it's stupid", because he's standing with the oppressed, I try to be constructive and steer that effort into a more productive direction that helps at least some players. This could be both fun for the programmer AND not stupid, a great combination!
My point was there are plenty of people in large companies who excel at doing nothing or almost nothing.

Back
Top Bottom