Transparency on the Future

Users who are viewing this thread

It has been said that Early Access would run for roughly a year. Obviously, the key word in there is roughly, or whatever similar term was used. The fact of the matter is, it has been roughly a year, coming up on the beginning of Early Access later this month. What is TaleWorlds' plan for moving forward? When will the game be fully released? When do they plan on allowing private servers and full modding support? Multiplayer mods cannot develop at all until most of those things happen; I believe the developers would like an update on the status of this. I understand that the devs are hard at work, and I'm not trying to vilify anyone with this post, I wish the devs the best of luck and ability in their job, and hope there's something we the fans can do to expedite the process. Either way, what is the timescale for release?

I don't think they have a date for release. They just state "Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”

Considering their plans for singleplayer in this thread and the current pace of patches it's easy to assume at least another year of early access.

They release one patch a month, and almost every second patch has 0 remarkable features, but adds tonnes of bugs. They will need another year at least with the current state of production. I won't be surprised if there will be several new refactors which will only break the game and slow down the development even more.

yeah, at least 1 year, but i think it would be 2 years.

i hope they will be done with the most bugfixing in the next 2 versions and will have more resources to develope the more "indepth" featuers.
but who knows.

At least 1 year, more likely 2 years, in my opinion.

Or they just give up, release it and go on for their next project, who knows.

The Steam reviews are good enough to get more money if they release it. Players also won´t be able to see all those issues within the 2 hour refund time frame Steam has. The early game is one of the best parts this game has to offer if you haven´t played it for like 5+ times. And this would take like 20+ hours.

It also seems like that their focus is the console release which also would earn them much more money. Microsoft refund policy is like the same as Steam has (not sure about Sony, but I´ve read it´s worse, see Cyberpunk).

I don´t have the "feeling" that TW cares about to release a good final game, just a working game with fast paced battles. So maybe we´re are close to the release as soon as the console port is ready. Because the game works! They can release 1.5.7 and it would be "fine".

But even if this would happen, PC players can count on the modders who will and have fix/fixed a lot of the issues. Console players looking for a "deep" game will be screwed of course, but I don´t think that there are much of them.

Seems like they´re just in damage control mode for the PC version right now. I don´t expect much more to come. Why invest 2 more years for a good PC game if you can just release the version you already have in 2-3 months if it´s just about the money? From a management point of view, it doesn´t make sense. Same as CD Project did with Cyberpunk (Game of the Year 2020 for a lot of critics).

There are devs that care a lot about the game but can´t make any impactful decisions on their own, they have no choice but to listen to the management. So I don´t blame any dev!

Also don´t expect any official statement on this. Won´t happen. Their community manager is mostly busy talking to Microsoft/Sony, I guess. Most informations we get are coming straight from the devs who are working hard, for us, to get a good game.

TW values your feedback of course, keep it coming to make it a better game *lol!

EDIT:

A lot of edits...

EDIT 2:

What if some random player like Bannerman won´t tell TW what´s wrong with their code and how to fix it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom