Transfer: M&B Repository -> M&B Nexus

Users who are viewing this thread

Have to say, after a few months of this...

When I download a mod, I go to every site other than nexus first. Forced logins are a pain in the ass. Even though I have an account, it is ****ing difficult to log in to the right part of their site to dl a mod, and doing that **** every time turns me off to the site in general.

I've played about 20 mods, so the process is pretty easy for me. New players have another layer of **** to deal with now, and are less likely to try out the mods now.

The only bad part about the repository was the slow DL speed, but it still worked.

Yeah, seeing this privatization in retrospective... it wasn't the best idea. That's for sure, and I still miss the repo.
The good thing is that TaleWorlds' games in ModDB have been getting a lot of new entries in the last year or so.

Before that only the biggest ones had presence there.
And the doubled bandwidth they announced a bunch of months ago makes downloading releases a blast.

It's never been that difficult to log in to a nexus site. You go to the specific nexus you want, check if you're already logged in, and if you're not, log in.

MadocComadrin said:
It's never been that difficult to log in to a nexus site. You go to the specific nexus you want, check if you're already logged in, and if you're not, log in.

They have a site login, which doesn't do ****, and a forum login, which is what you need to dl ****. It's backwards as ****.

I've also never had any problems whatsoever with logging in on the Nexus. However, your remark is of interest to me, Fehnor, as my mod is currently hosted only on the Nexus... May have to consider doing that moddb page already.

You don't need a separate site and forum login. Your forum login is your site login. Your site login is your forum login. They're one and the same..

If you're having problems with logging in, let me know. The sites do require cookies enabled to work.

Dark0ne said:
You don't need a separate site and forum login. Your forum login is your site login. Your site login is your forum login. They're one and the same..

If you're having problems with logging in, let me know. The sites do require cookies enabled to work.

Yeah, that was the issue, as noted above. Login is still an unnecessary step. I don't like being a product.

Nah, businesses that want to make money don't advertise to people like me. Not trying to start wars here, but it's still worth knowing that people like me will be less likely to try a mod if it doesn't offer another download option. If they don't, I'll manage.

I think the answer is actually nestled somewhere in the past 29 pages already, but Splintert's is the general gist of it. Logging in/registering is nothing to do with advertising. Pretty sure it's actually in our terms and conditions that we won't do it, so if we did...feel free to send me over a court summons.

Nexus seems to have gone through another maintenance/reorganization phase without telling us about it.
The old links don't seem to work since yesterday, they have been changed.

For example:
MadVader said:
This link stated in the download sticky, doesn't seem to work anymore:
http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3710/
You could try this one instead:
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3710/?

Also, I'm not entirely happy with Nexus as they have relatively frequent periods of unavailability due to maintenance, and people complain to us modders about it. It seems it's better to have alternate downloads elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom