Traits can it be raised?

Users who are viewing this thread

so with the update on traits affecting decision outcomes, I've only ever lost my traits whenever I do quests. is there a way to raise them?

Traits are not fully implemented yet. They are only -1, 0, or 1 instead of accumulating, and some of them can only be raised through a single method like some random village quest you might never find.

With the community fixes mod you can see whenever your traits increase/decrease and how much.

For example fighting enemies while outnumbered gives you valor (need like 1000+ total to reach "+1" on your character page though)

I'd also like to see a little more visibility on how these traits are generated during character creation, and what actions make them switch between -1, 0, and 1. I'm sure that info is out there somewhere, but I have yet to stumble across it, and it certainly isn't very transparent in game.

As an example, my current character started with Honor, Mercy, and Generous at start. I'm now just Generous. I have zero clue what I did in character creation to start with those traits, nor whatever I did to drop to neutral in two of them.

Character Creation pretty clearly tells you when you get a trait to start with. Go make a character and read them. Example picking you treated people well gives you all but one positive trait.

Character Creation pretty clearly tells you when you get a trait to start with. Go make a character and read them. Example picking you treated people well gives you all but one positive trait.
Huh...indeed they do. Skimmed through them all again, I'd never registered that; guess that's what I get for only focusing on the left side of the screen for focus/attribute points.

I did also notice, all the trait selections occur on the various choices in the Young Adulthood step...didn't see any trait characteristics in any of the other choices before/after (not with a Vlandia culture start, anyway).

Thanks for schooling me. :smile:

It doesn't clearly tell you anything and most of the sources of trait XP are nonsensical if you look through the code.

It doesn't clearly tell you anything and most of the sources of trait XP are nonsensical if you look through the code.

I was talking about character creation and it very clearly does as you pick your characters starting traits. Never debated the poor explanation of mechanics in the game. Learn to read pal.

Back
Top Bottom