Resolved Traits are bugged and dont work at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
There is none for this.
I'm playing version 1.5.5
I started out with 3 good traits, done nothing wrong just chasing looters and helping villages.
All of a sudden all My traits are gone without any reason.

The same goes for companions. Their traits vanishes also, while NPC lords have no issues with them.

For testing purposes. I executed 2 lords and Got -2 mercy trait...that's the only trait that works lol.

This issue has been in-game since the first release and never being fixed.
In My opinion, it's a kinda important feature for gameplay.

============================================================================================

I'm not sure if it helps, but some people took a look at why it's bugged, perhaps it will help developers to fix it faster.

985pgu20n5s41.png

1: I decompiled some of the source code to try to learn how to gain/lose traits like honor, generosity, mercy, etc. As it turns out, most of the quests are bugged. (Surprise, surprise...) This particular screenshot is from ArtisanCantSellProductsAtAFairPriceIssueQuest.OnCompleteWithSuccess(). Rather than increase the player's honor, it increases the quest giver's honor!
Out of all the quests, only one modifies the player's traits upon quest success, HeadmanNeedsGrainIssueQuest. I may have missed something though since I was only taking a brief look.

============================================================================================

And here is a mod that tries to fix it, but it's not on 100%
Mod Trying to Fix Traits

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom