Trading in Calradia - a Merchants Guide to Profit, Listed by Commodity & Region

Users who are viewing this thread

I saw a problem, when you conquer a city for example reyvadin, and you hold Jelkala (I'm nord and i own 3/4 of Calradia), the profit of the velvet trading route between Reyvadin/Jelkala won't exist anymore... soo... trade with diferents factiosn that aren't yours...

The best places to buy goods in any lnds is in the villages.  I regularly find furs for 10-30 denars in Sumbuja, linen for 10 in Kywnn,...  and sell them in Jelkala for about 10X the amount.  The same goes for any area, check vilages when you are about to go on campaign, buy whatever looks cheap, and sell the stuff when you get to the other side of the map.

Just FYI - I have mentioned your guide here, and am going to submit a mod request that includes it as well.  Back with a link.

Here it is: mbx request

Oh and BTW:  Yeah, this needs to be stickeyed!

Guys what is the actual relation between trade goods and the horses that u have in your inventory? Do you need a specific type of horse? plz tell me because i hate losing speed because of the tons of merchandise.

Oh, and the second question:  Once you get a faction, is there any way of establishing an automatic trade routes(Caravans) like other factions do so you could get a steady income? Because once you get a faction the tax money that comes after one week is much lower than the money u have to pay for the soldiers that protect your towns/castles.

And the last question, what does the village Prosperity depend on and how can i boost it fast?

Delta21 said:
Guys what is the actual relation between trade goods and the horses that u have in your inventory? Do you need a specific type of horse? plz tell me because i hate losing speed because of the tons of merchandise.

Oh, and the second question:  Once you get a faction, is there any way of establishing an automatic trade routes(Caravans) like other factions do so you could get a steady income? Because once you get a faction the tax money that comes after one week is much lower than the money u have to pay for the soldiers that protect your towns/castles.

And the last question, what does the village Prosperity depend on and how can i boost it fast?

1) As far as I understand it, 1 horse of any type negates a certain poundage of goods.  I keep 2 saddle horses I picked up early game, 1 Courser (for fights with Khergits), and one warhorse in my inventory besides the Hunter I usually ride to held carry the load and I usually have a speed above 5.0 even fully loaded with battle loot or trade goods (borcha has pathfinding of 7).

2) If by 'get a faction' you mean conquer on your own without being a vassal, then you can't trade as the other factions don't consider you a legitimate kingdom.  Like always, a SUBSTANTIAL steady income consists of you actively trading or taking down raiders or war parties for loot.  I believe the game is specifically designed this way so you can't just sit in a castle all day and slowly build up a fortune.

3) Building a mill increases prosperity by 5%.  If you edit the coding using one of the 82 posted 'tweaks' in the tweak thread (search it) you can make it add 5% every month or so.  Grain and cattle quests given by village elders also boost prosperity.  I also 'tweaked' those quests to give signifiactly MORE prosperity since they are a pain to do and give no benefit besides relations.  Being raided severely drops prosperity, as does having bandits occupying it.  I also believe that forcing them to give you supplies or stealing cattle can also lower prosperity.

I have a trade skill of about 4, and I only trade with spice. Buying it for 150-300 from any Khergit city, I sell it at Uxhal which is near for 450-600, or Suno for 600-800. Thats around 400 profit per item, so when I make my inventory full, I can easily make 6000 per trade. This plus cities taxes, is enough.

Delta21 said:

another thread that should be stickied,if its not already, from sincarf, that explains the horse to weight ratio and what actually adds to your map movement encumberance.

Sicnarf said:
...empty quote to link to message...

^
not sure how to imbed a link to the message, so an empty quite will do

Tercero said:
I saw a problem, when you conquer a city for example reyvadin, and you hold Jelkala (I'm nord and i own 3/4 of Calradia), the profit of the velvet trading route between Reyvadin/Jelkala won't exist anymore... soo... trade with diferents factiosn that aren't yours...

Hmm,
I’m playing a Knirght and like to trade spices at Thir (Nords) but they recently declared war on me.  I find it difficult to sneak into their castle as I am an archer and 4 guys with axes and shields gives me trouble. 

I thought, ok, my next move it to just take this city into the Knirght kingdom so I can continue the trading but you are saying this will not work? 

You are saying if you own two cities (or some lord in you kingdom) as one faction, even if they are on different sides of the map, will not receive the bonus for trading (i.e. buy low sell high)?  If this is true, this is a note that should definitely be added to the guide. 

Chair said:
another thread that should be stickied,if its not already, from sincarf, that explains the horse to weight ratio and what actually adds to your map movement encumberance.

Got a link?

Delta21 said:

I believe you get benefits for having up to 12 pack horses. You get massively diminishing returns, though. And no, the speed or type of horse in your inventory doesn't matter.

Pack horses are great for large armies that need a lot of food as well.  I always keep 3 spare horses on me and one spirited courser that I keep for enemy horse archers.

here a little update from my side. Thats what i've posted in another thread yesterday :smile: (WARBAND)

Today I've made a "little" table wich could help you guys too.
I bought all products (without these ones, wich are needed as food, only the products for the merchant)
In the table i've wroted all sell prices that where offered in the different citys. At the last i've calculated the average for every product. By the average of the sales one, you'll quickly see whether the purchase is worthwhile or not.
Vevlet is missing, cause it was nowhere offered at the whole time today oO.... so maybe it will be updated by me or you :wink:.

So here is the table as a picture, i've to look for a place, where i can upload the worddata too.

(english) http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6875/mbtrade.jpg
(german) http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6665/mbhandel.jpg

and the word-file

http://ul.to/89azay

ps. sorry for my terrible english skills :wink:"

How do you get pack horse? Are they just normal horses from horse merchant? If so then how do you make them carry stuff for you? I never knew you can have pack horses in this game; the inventory limit as been a pain for me, especially since I like trading a lot and I don't have spare points for inventory management.

This is one of the best guide I have seen, btw, especially because you listed the "cheap" buy range of those items. In general no matter where you are if you know that item is in a cheap buy range, buying them and keeping them in stock will eventually yield yourself profits, more or less, considering that you are not just doing trades but also actively doing quests/killing bandits at the same time.

You can have horses in the inventory and if you have, the will automatically used as packhorses and so you'll travel faster. Packhorses don't mean, that you can store more stuff.

Roland_Deschain said:
You can have horses in the inventory and if you have, the will automatically used as packhorses and so you'll travel faster. Packhorses don't mean, that you can store more stuff.

Ohh... I did not know that. Thanks!

Jackyhk said:
I never knew you can have pack horses in this game; the inventory limit as been a pain for me, especially since I like trading a lot and I don't have spare points for inventory management.

Inventory management should be quite high in your priority if you like trading because as you've already noticed you run very fast out of room. I usually have 5-6 spare horses in my inventory, they are just enough to carry my books, food and spare weapons (5 pieces per horse).

Back
Top Bottom