SP - General Tradeskill & Experience gain

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like make a few additions to what Trade skill actually does, that will affect how Caravans work.

Tradeskill - What does it do and what could it do?

Currently, Trade skill value only gives a Trade penalty Reduction, which is good and well needed for parties trading!(I assume it benefits caravan leaders aswell!)
1J3NsBc.png

Besides this, it does nothing to help you with your caravans.

I would like to expand this with:
(Party Leader) Partysize increaded with X(Skill/10) when party is a caravan
(Clan Leader) Partysize of caravans of your clan is increased by Y(Skill/10)
(Clan Leader) Caravans of your clan is Z(Skill/15)% cheaper to start and maintain

Tradeskill - How to learn it

VzsA6dW.png

Today, it´s VERY boring to grind Trade-skill. It should definatly be more passive.

As a player charachter, I definatly gain skill from making profit from trading. But I have rarely or NEVER seen my clan-members do, as a regular party(I assume they only trade with loot though). My caravan-leaders sometime gets a shattered skillpoint I guess. But from which part? From making profits or from operating caravans? They should however get alot more than they do! It´s hard to make caravans profitable today. Add to that, you hardly improve the charachters you use as caravan-drivers.

Suggested changes:
Make "Operate Caravans" Noob-friendly - Low-trade caravan-drivers should get lots of XP just for Operating Caravans. They need loads of Trade-skill to be profitable and the thought of building up my own companion trader is far more fun than hunting that "Spicewender" infinitly.
Make Player charachter benefit from having successfull caravan-parties. Ofc, doing the admin-work of running your clan's economy as a clan-leader, you will pick up some basics and improve your own trade-skill with a small part of your traders combined provided benefits each day. This could also be "noob-friendly" - IE the base XP is higher, the lower skill-score the clan-leader has.

Caravan Party composition
This thread pictures some of the bid issues with player caravans right now. Above suggestions could lay ease or even solve some of them but here comes one more suggestion that could improve standard of the player caravans. Today a composition is "fixed" - you buy the basic or the improved chema when starting up a caravan. Then the caravan stayes on that chema forever.

Let success be a factor for caravans, allow them to upgrade their troops like other parties do. ASIS, they does not seem to get battle XP when beating looters nor get passive XP Leadership/other perks the partyleader happens to have. That´s OK but instead let Trade Success provide a shared XP-pool for the party. They upgrade the troops automatically and there could be the wage-budget slider for the player as there are for all other parties on clan-page.

Here I suggest more caravan start- templates. It would helphelp getting away from static caravans allow players to have caravans at their level.

Successfull surviving caravandrivers would, given time, develop a big and strong caravan that could resist bandits even late in the game.

These changes I feel would make Trade skill and trading alot more interactive. Hope you agree and share your thought :smile:

@Flesson19 Since your great posts about caravans - What du you think of above suggestion? Would it balance up caravans/solve issues?
great ideas, I just completed my caravans settings video for 1.6.5 and addressed the devs on multiple issues to get them running good, the video is long but I wanted to specifically let the devs know my problems, and suggestions to get them working, here is the thread with the video and there is a ton of data to show how bad they are

great ideas, I just completed my caravans settings video for 1.6.5 and addressed the devs on multiple issues to get them running good, the video is long but I wanted to specifically let the devs know my problems, and suggestions to get them working, here is the thread with the video and there is a ton of data to show how bad they are
Yes, it was when reading this suggestion of yours I noticed this thread listed as "Simelar Threads" beneath it. I like all 3 of your "Caravans needs serious help" - threads and I agree with most or all you are saying. I would wich to see more dev-comments on these threads.

I never felt I was grinding trade skill. It just raised. I suppose you can “grind” any skill in this game, but this is one that naturally felt that it just goes up and up and up as you are playing and putting points into it or it’s parent category

I never felt I was grinding trade skill. It just raised. I suppose you can “grind” any skill in this game, but this is one that naturally felt that it just goes up and up and up as you are playing and putting points into it or it’s parent category
As a player, The ONLY way of which I am aware to get points in trade is to sell stuff you have bought. IE, you need to asserting prices, buy and sell. That´s grindy if something to me :smile: I have never got a single point in trade where I have not actively worked for getting it.

Back
Top Bottom