Users who are viewing this thread

valtzera

Recruit
Hi,

I checked the forums and did not see that this had been reported already, nor did I find patch notes which changes the Trade Skill mechanics - so apologies if I missed it.

In the e1.4.0 Patch Notes it states: Players now gain trade XP correctly after Save & Load.

I am now using the e1.5.2 beta and buying/selling goods is not granting trade XP. In fact no matter what item I sell, whether goods or equipment, the trade XP does not increase.
I have verified game files which validates the files successfully (no files are acquired). Versions after e1.4.0 do not grant trade XP, so I would have to play Bannerlord in e1.3.x versions to gain trade XP.

Summary: No Trade skill XP is being calculated.
Using console command: campaign.add_skill_xp_to_hero Trade 100 increases trade skill level though.
How to Reproduce: Start new game and sell starting equipment for trade XP. Trade XP remains at 1 (currently 1/440 XP).
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A

Computer Specs
Win10 Pro
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Series @ 3200 MHz (32GB)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME X399-A
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 860 EVO Sata III 500GB, Samsung SSD 860 EVO Sata III 1TB

Any suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated!

Thanks

You need to be making profit in order to gain trading XP. Do you?
Hey Scarface,
Yeah, I am making a profit. Selling goods for a profit grants the most amount of XP but I am pretty sure the player gains XP for buying/selling even if you dont make a profit (just not as much XP).

I am even selling looted items which should be granting a small amount of trade XP but I am getting nothing but gold. Buying, selling or even crafting then selling - no XP is being calculated.

The trade skill is not completely bugged because I can use console commands to force XP to be issued, but the game just doesn't seem to calculate trade XP via buy/sell mechanics.

I believe it's intentional that you don't gain any XP for buying/selling items without a profit. Game code reflects that too.
Yeah I now see what you are referring to and your initial reply actually had the key element; profit.
When trading, XP is only calculated when a profit has been made. Buying goods/equipment then selling at a profit will generate XP whereas non-purchased items (e.g. loot) do not.

Thanks for your time and for helping clarify the logic dude :cool:

but how does the game know you are selling loot? Is every item flagged in that regard?

Edit: I think the green numbers on the normal list of wares you have in your inventory means you are selling something for profit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom