Trade skill in single player

Users who are viewing this thread

Guys, please make something to get xp for trade skill faster. It is sooooooooooooooooo boring to play only trading in this game with x12 coefficient. And after 10 hours of green numbers comparing I am still far from 300 value. I don’t want to open the game because of this. If the feeling of reality is so important, let people to farm xp for trade with x1 coefficient. It mustn’t be so difficult with x12.

Last edited:
If you just want the skill here's a way from @Flesson19

Just trading for profit otherwise is going to be very slow and doesn't fit in with any part of thee game if you progress in warfare. I wouldn't be surprised if TW makes it work like skyrim in the future and just let you get skill from all types of sales.

If you are on PC i recommend using the AutoTreader mod (as long as you have the game on steam it's even in the workshop), it might not make Trading XP any faster but it saves a bunch of time as you just need a click to buy and sell.

Best setting i found for it from an user on Reddit were this:
Buy under 80
Sell above 105
Price search radius UNLIMITED.

total Inventroy space used 101
Max of inventory filled by 1 item 10%

Haven't had a good experience with the setting based on green and red (the mod seems to act funky if you don't use personal settings).
Most of the money i made was coming from Tools, Silk, Pottery and Fur.

Horses seem to be quite bad to trade for, but i think the extra speed and the carry capacity is worth it, while providing some nice profits when you can sell some.

Haven't tried grazing animals yet, but they should be quite good as well. Only issue is that you have to buy them instead of extra mules if you don't mind sacrificing some speed for extra cargo

As for towns you should always stop by Sanala (for huge profits mainly) , Myzea and Dunglanys for silk. Epicrotea and Rovalt for tools. And stop by the 2 villages above Varcheg for Fur, then stop by Varcheg itself. And don't forget to do the same with Ostican and the fur villages around it as well.
You can skip most of the Khuzait and Sturgia didn't find them to be great for deals.

I think i got around 1 point in trading every 2-3 towns past 250 and all i needed to do was stop, click a button and go to the next town

If you just want the skill here's a way from @Flesson19

Just trading for profit otherwise is going to be very slow and doesn't fit in with any part of thee game if you progress in warfare. I wouldn't be surprised if TW makes it work like skyrim in the future and just let you get skill from all types of sales.

I have tried this hack, but it seems like on ps4 this way doesn’t work

If you are on PC i recommend using the AutoTreader mod (as long as you have the game on steam it's even in the workshop), it might not make Trading XP any faster but it saves a bunch of time as you just need a click to buy and sell.

Best setting i found for it from an user on Reddit were this:
Buy under 80
Sell above 105
Price search radius UNLIMITED.

total Inventroy space used 101
Max of inventory filled by 1 item 10%

Haven't had a good experience with the setting based on green and red (the mod seems to act funky if you don't use personal settings).
Most of the money i made was coming from Tools, Silk, Pottery and Fur.

Horses seem to be quite bad to trade for, but i think the extra speed and the carry capacity is worth it, while providing some nice profits when you can sell some.

Haven't tried grazing animals yet, but they should be quite good as well. Only issue is that you have to buy them instead of extra mules if you don't mind sacrificing some speed for extra cargo

As for towns you should always stop by Sanala (for huge profits mainly) , Myzea and Dunglanys for silk. Epicrotea and Rovalt for tools. And stop by the 2 villages above Varcheg for Fur, then stop by Varcheg itself. And don't forget to do the same with Ostican and the fur villages around it as well.
You can skip most of the Khuzait and Sturgia didn't find them to be great for deals.

I think i got around 1 point in trading every 2-3 towns past 250 and all i needed to do was stop, click a button and go to the next town
Yeah, also was getting about 1 skill point after visiting ~3 towns starting from 200 points of the skill. But it is still extremely slow. I am afraid my character will die before I will get 300. And gameplay of traveling and comparing number is not exciting :sad:((

Yeah trade really needs an overhaul. They balanced skill gains for scouting and athletics better but trade feels left out. It's also incredibly bad at its role(making money) compared to smithing(which has additional benefits) or just selling loot.

1 day of smithing should not be equivalent money to like 1 month of trading lol.

Back
Top Bottom