Trade Prices

Users who are viewing this thread

AngryPanCake

Sergeant
Hello,

I am trying to understand the trading system in the game...well, I was going to attach a picture as they say "a picture is worth a thousand words", but could not figure out how to do it at this time.

So here you go with the thousand words:

Basically, when I'm looking a the trade screen and look at the prices. On the right panel (my stuff), some of the prices are green, some are light yellow and others are orange. I assume the green prices are the profitable ones. Those numbers, the ones that are listed for the items in my inventory, are they the original purchase prices (or maybe an average of the original purchase prices)?

Thank you,
APC

Hello,

I am trying to understand the trading system in the game...well, I was going to attach a picture as they say "a picture is worth a thousand words", but could not figure out how to do it at this time.

So here you go with the thousand words:

Basically, when I'm looking a the trade screen and look at the prices. On the right panel (my stuff), some of the prices are green, some are light yellow and others are orange. I assume the green prices are the profitable ones. Those numbers, the ones that are listed for the items in my inventory, are they the original purchase prices (or maybe an average of the original purchase prices)?

Thank you,
APC
I have over 4k hours into the game and half of that is trading. easiest way when you get the trade skills unlocked that is shows green on the items is for you bright green is major profit, light green low profit, yellow no profit and red lose profit. On the store side green is below global avg to make profit and red its high priced is buy and sell green to make money, I have a guide it is super long but should tell you everything you need to know. If youve seen Halcylion's already he is great also

Hello,
I finally figured out how to add pictures.

So, looking at this Picture it shows Grain in the settlement is $11 and in my inventory $5 (and green). This means there is profit to be made like you guys said above. My question is: the showing price of $5, is it the average buying price or is it the potential profit?

The Mule's price is $32 in my inventory and it is reddish, no profit here! but again is this initial buying price or is it the potential loss if I sell it here?

Thank you,
APC

It means you bought the grain for less then 5 and selling it will be profitable. If the price is red it means you bought it for more then you are selling it. To get an idea by how much you would be making a profit, hover over the price and a tooltip with % will appear.

The right side of the picture looks like you are interacting with a village, sometimes it is profitable to buy the main produced resource from a village but you will find better prices in the town that village trades to.

Hello,
I finally figured out how to add pictures.

So, looking at this Picture it shows Grain in the settlement is $11 and in my inventory $5 (and green). This means there is profit to be made like you guys said above. My question is: the showing price of $5, is it the average buying price or is it the potential profit?

The Mule's price is $32 in my inventory and it is reddish, no profit here! but again is this initial buying price or is it the potential loss if I sell it here?

Thank you,
APC

if you hover over the trade good a box will open. there will be a price and pus your curser over it. lets say your grain at 5 and it will tell you that price is at or below the "global" average to let you know how good of a deal it is.
example you could but some fish for 8 and if selling for 12 is dark green for good profit. however if you hover over the fish it might tell you that the average price could be about 14 so you could wait and sell it higher. Just a small option to learn whether you should sell it or hold a bit. Just because its dark green doesn't mean you should sell it, dark green just means you'll get good profit, but doesn't mean your selling it at a great cost. I think my video might explain it and if you want I could get you a video to explain it better, hard to sometimes get a point across in text so let me know ill make a short video for you to explain it

Back
Top Bottom