Trade deficit = Poor Prosperity?

Users who are viewing this thread

original

Knight
Hey all,

I am trying to alleviate the item shortages that Veluca (Rhodok) has, in order to increase it's prosperity. What I do is buy items from other towns, and sell to Veluca. But I do not sell items from Veluca to other towns. This is because Veluca only produces Wool, which isn't profitable.

I notice that Veluca keeps changing between Poor and Average, and stays Poor more often. Other Rhodok towns like Jelkala and Yalen are stable at Average.

It gives me the impression that by trading one way, I am giving Veluca a trade deficit, and cause it to remain Poor. Rather than help Veluca, I am hurting it even more.

Has anyone encountered this? Or is there another explanation on why Veluca in my game always struggles to reach Average?

I've tried the same way you did even with cheats just to see the effect. From what I saw it had no effect.

Have you tried the reverse? Try buying things they have a lot of and see what happens.

I admit that I have no idea how the prosperity factor is actually calcaulated, but in all honesty I can't understand why selling items to the city is supposed to increase it's prosperity? I would expect BUYING the goods manufactured in the city would increase their wealth and lead to a "golden age" of commerce.

At least, that's what I've learned on my B.A in Economics :smile:

itay said:
I admit that I have no idea how the prosperity factor is actually calcaulated, but in all honesty I can't understand why selling items to the city is supposed to increase it's prosperity? I would expect BUYING the goods manufactured in the city would increase their wealth and lead to a "golden age" of commerce.

At least, that's what I've learned on my B.A in Economics :smile:

Heya, nijis explained how prosperity works in this thread.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,102876.msg2577645.html#msg2577645

I think the idea is, by selling items that a town is short of, it will stabilize the prices for that item and decrease inflation. Once prices are affordable, more items can be bought and more trade will occur. It's less to do with selling items and more to do with combating inflation.

Now that we're on this topic, I think Veluca could be Poor because Wool isn't profitable, and they can't export as much as they import. Jelkala at least has a profitable commodity, fish.

So is Veluca in your save games often Poor?

Back
Top Bottom