TPW - Faction Preview: Persia

Users who are viewing this thread

Both Ealabor and I take some time off from time to time due to RL stuff, I'm sure he won't give up on such a big project that demanded so much of his time as well as I won't.

Lynores said:
Both Ealabor and I take some time off from time to time due to RL stuff, I'm sure he won't give up on such a big project that demanded so much of his time as well as I won't.

Great news to hear  :smile:

Lynores said:

Perfect!!! :grin:
Good luck for both of you miracle-makers.  :wink:

Backstay said:
Thats .960 isnt there a 1.011

No.Just let me explain...The mod was released for the first time in about 2008 for the old 0.960 version of Mount and Blade.In 2008/2009 he started working and improving Hegemony 268.B.C. for 1.011.After the time of work,the Warband platform was released on 30th March 2010,so he started reworking done props from 1.011 to Warband.One of the reasons he started working on Warband is:Bump-maps,Textures,Multiplayer and lots of other stuff that Warband contain.
On March 12th 2011 he said that he had a break and he needs to start again...so he said that he will release a beta soon which will have 6 factions as Native has,and which will help him continue working on the much bigger modification,Hegemony 268.B.C.So this link a gave is alive and ealabor writes new stuff done in there.
That beta is called 3rd Century Crisis and it will help him on Hegemony which will be released later,afterwards.

Ok,i don't think that we should speak about it here,if you need any help,just PM me and i will happily reply you mate.And i think i helped you a little.

P.S.:Same,Lynores started reworking props and scenes and everything that was in the Peloponnesian War mod for 1.011 of Mount and Blade to Warband platform...one of the reasons(as ealabor's)are:Bump-maps,Textures,Animations(and ealabor too,he implemented some new animations like overhand spear thrust like Lynores did),Multiplayer and other stuff...

Both of these cool mods will share rank NO 1 and will share the mod of the year award for Warband.The only hard thing is waiting...

I wish all luck for Ealabor and Lynores(BEST M&B and WARBAND MODDERATORS)! :grin:
-Thumbs up if you too. :smile:

Okay... Long reply you got there :grin: but i didnt die reading it

Yeah i normally die when i am reading something with alot of letters and stuff

Backstay said:
Okay... Long reply you got there :grin: but i didnt die reading it

Yeah i normally die when i am reading something with alot of letters and stuff

:wink:
But you should appreciate my attempt to help you and i think i did.But if you want something more,i'll be more than happy to help you.

Federick421 said:
where is the Immortals who were the royal guards to the Kings of Persia

Hahaha Kuauik. :grin:

There's no immortals here because Persia in TPW represents not the official, standing armies of the Shahenshah but rather a provincial force belonging to two of the Satrapies of Western Anatolia. Hence why they have to rely on local auxiliaries to augment their force of 'feudal' colonial settlers (the persian/median nobles on horseback, who bring their own retinue of footmen).

The only important thing here is ...Where the Hell is Lynores? when he get into the forum we can go ahead with the doubts and suggestions and so on....

He is offline till 22nd April, really suspicious....

Tenerife boy, I can't say for certain when he will be back, so the best we can all hope for is that he's doing well and will return when as soon as possible. Otherwise it's just a waiting game I'm afraid.

Roach IX the Magnificient: Yup! I heard from Rez, who was the researcher who came up with this Persian stuff that Sparas were 'reserved' to the Imperial professional armies back in Iran proper, while these were just colonies on the rim of the Persian empire. Plus I've heard elsewhere the Spara was being phased out of use in favor of more peltes or hoplites (or "Kardakas" if they are used to define non-greek hoplite imitations)

Oh, BTW, what will be the motivation to hire Persian recruits instead of Greeks, apart from role-playing?

Will they be cheaper? Maybe they could have better cavalry or even archers?

EDIT: Sorry about the double post.

Back
Top Bottom