TPW - Faction Preview: Carthage

Users who are viewing this thread

Probably worth pointing out that body painting or tattooing may have been common among many European peoples, but there's no direct evidence of it for the Gauls, only the Britons, who are actually different in many cultural respects from the Continental "Celts". Also, as well as braided hair, hair washed and spiked with lime may have been common.

It has been brought up several times already. I don't see body painting as a problem and besides, with the conical helmets addressed to them in this timeframe, they might look too different from what it is intended to.

Gallic Horseman and Noble added. Shields and weapons will be updated in all mercenary infantry unit previews later on.

Those are some pretty nice looks for Punics and Libyans.

Thracian helms feel a little off though, Pilos is probably the better choice there.

Nice Numidians  :wink:

Historically accurate or not those gaullish warrior screens are awesome. Can't wait to see the mod up and running and get to play with some of your models in my own mods.

Fantastic!

Thanks. As long as people merge stuff for personal use, its fine. They just can't distribute without permission from the authors, unless its all from Open Source Packs. Regarding gauls, there's no made-up material there, the only liberty taken was the body painting, which should not pose a problem to celts, and I'm not really worried about that.

Hmmm...

Are the javelins carried on the left hand the javelin "bag" like in native where the bag is carried on the back? So when you have no javelins left, the left hand is empty and vice versa? Or is it part of the shield model that doesn't change? Do you think it's possible to make the left hand the javelin "bag" if it's not currently?

Wow I just have seen the new gaul he's wonderful Lynores
Anyway it would be easy to kill (cause the ausense of shield muajaja..always you get into the phalanx,if you are alone you will be killed by this nut barbarian)  :neutral:
Blessing phalanx  :cool:

I can't wait for the mod to be released in alpha or beta, it's already got an amazing list of features and also Antiquity is my favorite time period + Spartans!!! What more could you want?!

Sorry for being kinda eager, but this mod is godly.

Oh and the troop types are nice, but is there going to be Iberian Cavalry? or Elephants?

No elephants, but there will be an Iberian cavalrymen. Probably wearing a mix of no armor and the Iberian armors, with spear, sword, javelins(?), maybe a shield but prob not.

Yeah they are planned be added in. Lynores might try and do a sling model a'la Hegemony seems to have done.

Sahran said:
Yeah they are planned be added in. Lynores might try and do a sling model a'la Hegemony seems to have done.

Slings would be nice,and if i understood right,will Hegemony 268.B.C have slings and slinger units???

412thCadianGuardsman said:
JankoMega said:
Sahran said:

Slings would be nice,and if i understood right,will Hegemony 268.B.C have slings and slinger units???
I think so.

Well that's cool,but i think i'll use Macedonian phalanx units in Hegemony 268.B.C mod for Warband,rather than missile units.
Can't wait for both mods to get out.

412thCadianGuardsman said:
If you ask me the way to do it is a proper Gallic Warband charge.  :cool:

NO YOU ARE BAD!!!  :lol:  :lol:

A proper Macedonian heavy cavalry charge while giving a support for their phalanx...When Hegemony gets out,first thing i am going to do is scream very,very hard and then (when downloaded the mod) Start a New Game and choose a faction Macedon...after that recruit some phalangites (maybe mixed Macedonian and Ptolemaic),buy Macedonian phalangite armor,4m Sarrisa and KILL all your Gallic people and warriors just with my phalanx.

:lol:  What a nice plan for "prerelease" lol,i can tell you that i've been planning for that very long time.Like which faction i will choose when gets released and i chose Macedon of course.  :cool: BEST FACTION THERE IS!!!

Ahhh when i start talking about this i wanna kill myself because of my eagerness!

Back
Top Bottom